• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Yeah that would be a good move especially if they get their rumoured refurb soon. Used to get them on the 3 a lot from what I seen too. Pretty sure there was a week I seen an E400 on a 3 every day plus I reckon the 6 could easily get away with more singles than deckers from how quiet I've seen them lately

A refurb for the E400s would be really nice to see. Something similar to the B9TLs but honestly I think having the higher back seats would be ideal to bring them up to date with the rest of the E400MMCs but I doubt that would happen. They are nice enough buses, their interiors just require a refresh as they’re not really that old.

On a separate note I hope First decide what they’re doing with those pink branded E200MMCs and whether they’re going to rebrand them a different colour. It’s been a year now of them not really having a home. I presume the 87 and 88 is to be E200MMC operated given that’s all I see on the route now. Would be good if they’d brand them orange (not fiery orange like the 3 and 254).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaulMc7

Established Member
A refurb for the E400s would be really nice to see. Something similar to the B9TLs but honestly I think having the higher back seats would be ideal to bring them up to date with the rest of the E400MMCs but I doubt that would happen. They are nice enough buses, their interiors just require a refresh as they’re not really that old.

On a separate note I hope First decide what they’re doing with those pink branded E200MMCs and whether they’re going to rebrand them a different colour. It’s been a year now of them not really having a home. I presume the 87 and 88 is to be E200MMC operated given that’s all I see on the route now. Would be good if they’d brand them orange (not fiery orange like the 3 and 254).

Yeah either a colour like that or something like the old dark green the 88 had on Overground back in the day. Surprised we've not any black branding yet too although there's plenty of time for loads of colours to be used

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Yeah either a colour like that or something like the old dark green the 88 had on Overground back in the day. Surprised we've not any black branding yet too although there's plenty of time for loads of colours to be used

I’ve seen the black and grey used down south and it really doesn’t do the buses any favours. I’ve seen some other shades of green, tan and some different shades of blue that haven’t already been used. One thing I do like is how the “F” logo is added at the back of the buses. I think it takes away the plain look.

route101

Established Member

See deckers on 88 and 87 too .

route101

Established Member
Even seen one on the SPT journeys for the 90 last night. Pretty sure the 90 is all scotstoun related tbh but it's still good to see something that's fairly decent on a 90 for once although it was completely empty.

Seen all sorts on the 5 and 7 lately tbh but it's a good change

Yeah im sure the 90 is operated all by Scotstoun , used to sbe shared by Parkhead .

route101

Established Member
The 5 is a popular route. It used to get the E500s a lot when they were here and the newest deckers. It’s a short route but busy from start to finish. I would have thought it would have been a contender for new buses and branding similar to the 75 as they both go to Castlemilk.

Usually a route that is more reliable as it does not go through City centre . Route hasn't really chaned much .

route101

Established Member
It would be interesting to see them brand up some low height E400s for the 2 and 3 to be used alongside the E300s especially since many have been straying off the 6 for years.

Better just to brand up normal height deckers , the whole point of low heights it to provide double decker capacity to the 6 . Yes the 6 can be quiet during the day but its busy at peaks .

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Better just to brand up normal height deckers , the whole point of low heights it to provide double decker capacity to the 6 . Yes the 6 can be quiet during the day but its busy at peaks .

I get what you’re saying but the 6 obviously doesn’t need the low height deckers like it once did when they were ordered back in 2011. The last few years have seen these low height examples move on to other routes across the network while the 6 begins to be dominated by singles. I get it’s busy at peak times but so is every route. Branding a few E400s I don’t think would cause too much disruption to the 6. I think E300s would be suited more to that route.

PaulMc7

Established Member
34/34A branded E200MMC on the 60A.

60/60A becoming another service that gets literally anything on it. Was an E300 on a 60 I saw last week at Parkhead. I wonder if they branded too many buses for the 34/34A although it was not helped by the frequency cut almost immediately after they got new buses

overthewater

Established Member
So what happening on the 2nd February?

• PM0000006/357 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD
    Route: Hamilton Bus Station to Buchanan Bus Station via Blantyre, Cambuslang, Rutherglen
    Service number: 267 ()
    Service type: Normal Stopping
    Effective date: 02 Feb 2020

• PM0000006/354 Registered
    FIRT GLASGOW (NO2) LTD
    Route: Hamilton Bus Station to Buchanan Bus Station via Uddingston, Tollcross, Parkhead
    Service number: 255 ()

• PM0000006/5 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD
    Route: Pather or Overtown or Motherwell to Glasgow Bus Station
    Service number: 240 ()

• PM0000006/2 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD
    Route: Hamilton Bus Station to Buchanan Bus Station
    Service number: 263 ()

• PM0000001/413 Registered (Short notice)
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD
    Route: Westburn or Rutherglen to Summerston via City Centre
    Service number: 7 (7A)
    Effective date: 15 Dec 2019

• PM0000001/538 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD
    Route: Killermont Street to Stobhill Hospital
    Service number: 128 ()
    Effective date: 20 Jan 2020

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
60/60A becoming another service that gets literally anything on it. Was an E300 on a 60 I saw last week at Parkhead. I wonder if they branded too many buses for the 34/34A although it was not helped by the frequency cut almost immediately after they got new buses

I think there are a few buses which have been branded which now no longer require the branding. The pink E200MMCs, the mint coloured 34/34A branded E200MMCs and the 75 buses seem to be popping up everywhere recently.

NorthClyde320

Prior to the frequency reduction the 34/34A req 16 buses but only 12 new E200MMC branded buses were delivered, with the frequency reduction the 34/34A now req 12 buses, exactly the same number as what is branded. Is that what the 4 pink E200MMC's were perhaps originally intended for but then they realised they didn't need them branded green and for some reason they ended up unbranded pink?

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Prior to the frequency reduction the 34/34A req 16 buses but only 12 new E200MMC branded buses were delivered, with the frequency reduction the 34/34A now req 12 buses, exactly the same number as what is branded. Is that what the 4 pink E200MMC's were perhaps originally intended for but then they realised they didn't need them branded green and for some reason they ended up unbranded pink?
would make sense considering all 16 are from the same batch

PaulMc7

Established Member

Could definitely be that tbh. The only other theory I've had is that given the colour they were considering increasing the 65 to every 20 mins and ended up not going through with it. I've seen the 65 busy between Dalmarnock and Fernhill tbh but in Cambuslang I've never seen it that busy except school times

PaulMc7

Established Member
Wonder if we will see any new services that aren't a result of other cuts. I somehow doubt it especially given how bad the X2 has been tbh. Don't think having cuts constantly helps keep customers around though so the main ways they need to go about it are through pricing and reliability

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
Could definitely be that tbh. The only other theory I've had is that given the colour they were considering increasing the 65 to every 20 mins and ended up not going through with it. I've seen the 65 busy between Dalmarnock and Fernhill tbh but in Cambuslang I've never seen it that busy except school times

I doubt it would be that given the 65 branded buses are the smaller version (44***) and the other buses are 67***. I find it very odd they were branded pink unless they were for the 9 or it was just a genuine mistake but surely if they were for the 9 they’d just start using them the now on that route. Hopefully with the next order we’ll find out.

The unbranded pink E200s are the exact same colour as the 65 so they definitely weren't for the 9 because the 9 is a different pink from the 65

Stef434

So what happening on the 2nd February?

• PM0000006/357 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD
    Route: Hamilton Bus Station to Buchanan Bus Station via Blantyre, Cambuslang, Rutherglen
    Service number: 267 ()

• PM0000006/354 Registered
    FIRT GLASGOW (NO2) LTD
    Route: Hamilton Bus Station to Buchanan Bus Station via Uddingston, Tollcross, Parkhead
    Service number: 255 ()

• PM0000006/5 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD
    Route: Pather or Overtown or Motherwell to Glasgow Bus Station
    Service number: 240 ()

• PM0000006/2 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO2) LTD
    Route: Hamilton Bus Station to Buchanan Bus Station
    Service number: 263 ()

• PM0000001/413 Registered (Short notice)
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD
    Route: Westburn or Rutherglen to Summerston via City Centre
    Service number: 7 (7A)
    Effective date: 15 Dec 2019

• PM0000001/538 Registered
    FIRST GLASGOW (NO1) LTD
    Route: Killermont Street to Stobhill Hospital
    Service number: 128 ()
    Effective date: 20 Jan 2020

Time table changes apparently to be driver friendly more to come all part of the recent consultation prior to the recent ballot .surprised the 242/202 bolt on not included yet .

route101

Established Member
I doubt it would be that given the 65 branded buses are the smaller version (44***) and the other buses are 67***. I find it very odd they were branded pink unless they were for the 9 or it was just a genuine mistake but surely if they were for the 9 they’d just start using them the now on that route. Hopefully with the next order we’ll find out.

The funny thing is , you do get the longer pink ones on the 65 from time to time