• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Greater Glasgow

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
I’d doubt it. The E300s that went to Somerset didn’t have their luggage racks removed and they were by that time 6 years old. These buses are 3 so I don’t see them removing them. I think they’ll keep them as they are.
The e300s went for the 28 Taunton to Minehead service that serves the large Butlins camp. Therefore there is a need for luggage racks and indeed, some earlier B7Ls were retrofitted with them on arrival in Somerset.

I don’t know what they would have in Cymru that might warrant luggage racks? The only current airport service is the T9 operated from Cardiff to the Airport by NAT.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SarahDFIG

They won't be painted in Glasgow from what I have been told and they are suppose to be for an airport route.

route101

Established Member
Is the plan to basically have all of the B7RLEs operating out of Caledonia until they retire? Not sure if the Lanarkshire depots have any now? Really only Scotstoun have them and Caledonia. But if the rumours are true and they upgrade the 9 to E200MMCs then that’ll probably oust the majority of B7RLEs.

It would be nice to see them all upgraded to some standard. They’re still good buses and actually only a year or so older than the B9TLs being done. They are just tired on the inside. A retrim and small tidy up inside could allow them to end their days is relatively good condition which will probably be about 3/4 years from now.

They still make frontline appearances on 6 , 7 and 9 routes . Quite minging now along with the B7TLs

Remember when they were new at Scotstoun for the 18.

JumpinTrainz

Established Member
They still make frontline appearances on 6 , 7 and 9 routes . Quite minging now along with the B7TLs

Remember when they were new at Scotstoun for the 18.

I also remember they were new to Cumbernauld and my first experience on one was on the 213. I remember thinking how fancy and up to date they were because by that time it was mainly Royales and Olympians with 90s style bodywork. It’s a shame they haven’t looked after the Eclipses over the years.

I hate that First run their buses to the ground. It would be nice if they went through a refurbishment programme midlife (like a proper one not just new seat coverings). That way they could prolonge their life expectancy and keep passengers happy.

route101

Established Member
I also remember they were new to Cumbernauld and my first experience on one was on the 213. I remember thinking how fancy and up to date they were because by that time it was mainly Royales and Olympians with 90s style bodywork. It’s a shame they haven’t looked after the Eclipses over the years.

I hate that First run their buses to the ground. It would be nice if they went through a refurbishment programme midlife (like a proper one not just new seat coverings). That way they could prolonge their life expectancy and keep passengers happy.

Interesting , dont remember cumbernauld getting them

CM

Cumbernauld never received any B7TLs when new, they went to Larkfield and Scotstoun. The only Geminis Cumbernauld received from brand new were a batch of 09 plated examples.

Gingerbus1991

It would be the morally right thing to do in exchange for fares....to have midlife buses rejuvenated but that cost money we don't actually have, and if we did we wouldn't spend it on the gullible people using our buses, these people are purely for profiteering purposes only.

Only if there is no other cheap and miserable way for First to do something will it be done to any measurable standard, hence all of Glasgow’s new buses of late, the LEZ forcing such a thing to happen, you can thank our government for that!

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Those in the Glasgow area may want to keep an eye out over the next few weeks as Aberdeen's 62151 X623NSS will be making a brief visit and may see service for a few weeks before getting fully repainted and refurbished.

route101

Established Member
where did the 66b go because it would not get under bridge at busby and who was white ribbon.
Might just be a short working from EK bus Station to ST leonards or calderwood .

Back in 2006 i recall short 66 EK to Calderwood workings by Geminis . White ribbon , dont recall , looks like EK local routes . You dont really get EK local routes apart from the M1

route101

Established Member
Those in the Glasgow area may want to keep an eye out over the next few weeks as Aberdeen's 62151 X623NSS will be making a brief visit and may see service for a few weeks before getting fully repainted and refurbished.
What type of bus is that?

route101

Established Member
Cumbernauld never received any B7TLs when new, they went to Larkfield and Scotstoun. The only Geminis Cumbernauld received from brand new were a batch of 09 plated examples.

Some moved to Cumbernauld for express work i recall

Jordan Adam

Established Member
What type of bus is that?

Volvo B10BLE Wright Renown, from the same batch as the Y plates that went down for a period last year.

She should only be down for no more than a month, if she does see service she'll probably be one of the last B10BLEs in service in Glasgow, technically she'll just be on loan though rather than a transfer.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Volvo B10BLE Wright Renown, from the same batch as the Y plates that went down for a period last year.

She should only be down for no more than a month, if she does see service she'll probably be one of the last B10BLEs in service in Glasgow, technically she'll just be on loan though rather than a transfer.

Seeing as it's got the the hardest seats known to man, I'll phone the chiropractor now in advance. Hopefully First don't put it out on the road. Can't think of anything worse in Glasgow these days since the introduction of the new fleet.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Seeing as it's got the the hardest seats known to man, I'll phone the chiropractor now in advance. Hopefully First don't put it out on the road. Can't think of anything worse in Glasgow these days since the introduction of the new fleet.

Actually it's not that bad, most of the seats were re-trimmed and with new padding less than a year ago. She's just down to get new panels, repaint in to her original Barbie 1 livery and a proper interior tidy up.

40678974813_a3168a0618_b.jpg

CM

Some moved to Cumbernauld for express work i recall

Those were transferrs from other depots, NOT brand new as was stated. I'll say it again, Cumbernaulds only NEW Geminis were the 09 plated B9TLs.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
I'm guessing SPT don't impose an age limit on what gets put on the roads in and about Glasgow? I'm surprised that a 19 year old bus can actually pass the current DDA regulations.

route101

Established Member
I'm guessing SPT don't impose an age limit on what gets put on the roads in and about Glasgow? I'm surprised that a 19 year old bus can actually pass the current DDA regulations.

Funny to think in 2000 these were modern and state of the art .

route101

Established Member
Those were transferrs from other depots, NOT brand new as was stated. I'll say it again, Cumbernaulds only NEW Geminis were the 09 plated B9TLs.
The 09 plates are now split between caley and scotstoun.

route101

Established Member
Actually it's not that bad, most of the seats were re-trimmed and with new padding less than a year ago. She's just down to get new panels, repaint in to her original Barbie 1 livery and a proper interior tidy up.

40678974813_a3168a0618_b.jpg

Its coming from Aberdeen , it will be in good condition , no neds up there ha

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Funny to think in 2000 these were modern and state of the art .
Its coming from Aberdeen , it will be in good condition , no neds up there ha

It might not even see service to be fair, it's just down for a refurb before going in to preservation, but as I say there's a possibity it will be used for a short period.

It's only 18 years old and built at the end of February 2001 not long after the PSVAR (DDA) regulations came in to force.

Mechanically it's one of our best B10BLEs and goes like a rocket.

Last edited:

lastbus

Dumbarton still have several B10s