• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flying Scotsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevread1

Taken from the Les Ross webpage:

So why has scotsman been pulled from the Euston- Crewe leg, was looking forward to seeing this loco for ages.

That was the only steam tour booked on the southern end of the WCML this year.

<(:cry::cry::cry:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TBirdFrank

On Moderation
It looks as though 60103 has been pulled off both main lines' southern sections. She isn't allowed south of Newark either just at the moment.

Want 60103 times from the rest of the week???

Show me proof of a donation to one of our preservation Groups and you can have the full deal for this tour, I think that's fair - don't you?

pm me quick before I leave home for the week

holl1984

We have decided to take the boys to sandbach tonight to see her go through the station, then off to the heritage centre tomorrow morning for them to see her up close and personal so to speak, then finally over to Crewe station to see her depart for Holyhead.

They don't have a clue and I cannot wait to see there faces, esp my youngest who hopefully won't be too frightened by the noise and the sheer size.

So if anyone sees a tall, lanky bloke, a short tired looking stressed out pregnant woman, a ginger haired toddler (probably shouting "choo choo" or "dipsy" over and over again) and a blonde haired little boy (probably moaning he's hungry), feel free to say hello!

Have abandoned the plans for sandbach this evening which is unfortunate but thunder, lightning and monsoon like rain aren't ideal conditions for 2 small children to be outside!

Last edited:

KingDaveRa

Is there any official word that FS won't be down as far as Euston?

I was going to take a day off tomorrow to go see it through Milton Keynes, but I'd rather not waste the day!

Deepgreen

Established Member
Is there any official word that FS won't be down as far as Euston?

I was going to take a day off tomorrow to go see it through Milton Keynes, but I'd rather not waste the day!

It will only come on at Crewe. UKSteam still has it all the way to Euston on the return working on 23 June, but that may change. However, it is due to take a working from London Victoria on 25 June (via Bedford, which might give you an opportunity within a reasonable distance?) - and therefore FS has to be in London before the 25th, meaning it might, after all, take the 23rd trip right down to Euston. I don't know if it is banned by NR on the West Coast route to London or just the East Coast route. Either way, unless the 25th trip is cancelled or taken by another loco, it will have to get down to London somehow. I suggest checking back every so often.

KingDaveRa

It will only come on at Crewe. UKSteam still has it all the way to Euston on the return working on 23 June, but that may change. However, it is due to take a working from London Victoria on 25 June (via Bedford, which might give you an opportunity within a reasonable distance?) - and therefore FS has to be in London before the 25th, meaning it might, after all, take the 23rd trip right down to Euston. I don't know if it is banned by NR on the West Coast route to London or just the East Coast route. Either way, unless the 25th trip is cancelled or taken by another loco, it will have to get down to London somehow. I suggest checking back every so often.

OK, thanks for confirming that. I'm off on the 23rd anyway, although working on the 25th, so fingers crossed it does make its way down. Bedford is doable, so I'll just keep an eye on this thread.

RedPanda

How sure are you that these timings are will be correct? I'm thinking of going from Chester to Crewe to get a few shots and back to Chester for a few more shots.

Also has anybody got an idea of platforms? I know it's a stab in the dark but somebody must have an idea. If the times on the link are correct, it'd be a mad dash around Chester Railway Station as I'm looking at trains back to Chester and it could be tight.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Also has anybody got an idea of platforms? I know it's a stab in the dark but somebody must have an idea. If the times on the link are correct, it'd be a mad dash around Chester Railway Station as I'm looking at trains back to Chester and it could be tight.

If you look at RTT, it shows P11 at Crewe and P4 at Chester (on the way down).
But it will all depend on how things are running on the day.
Most steam at Crewe uses the little-used P12, especially for a long stop.
Chester has its through line to keep clear of platforms if needed.

mikestone1952

According to a participant, miffed at not having steam throughout today, there is not and never was a return on 23rd, it was always air or service train, whatever uksteam.info might say.
;

TBirdFrank

On Moderation
To those ungrateful souls who are doubting what has been put on here - as someone who will be returning home at around 02.00 next Monday - not nipping down the road to my local station : next time do your own research!

Those who have given you information have done that - they did not have to share it with you!

RedPanda

To those ungrateful souls who are doubting what has been put on here - as someone who will be returning home at around 02.00 next Monday - not nipping down the road to my local station : next time do your own research!

Those who have given you information have done that - they did not have to share it with you!

I was one of the members who asked for information on the thread and I am extremely grateful for what I received. I'm sort of new to the realtimetrains.co.uk website and can find it difficult to understand. I'm also Autistic which doesn't help.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm thinking it'll be Platform 12 in Crewe, a the 1247 virgin train to Holyhead is supposed to stop a platform 11. As ever its subject to change.

Darandio

Established Member

I honestly don't see this ungratefulness, unless posts have been removed?

Remember, you didn't post any information for anyone to be ungrateful about, you required a donation to do so.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

eh? what a strange post - I don't recall you offering any information other than on a pay per gen basis!

Finally, whilst you are able to afford to travel behind FS many of us can not. Sorry we can only manage to pop to our local station to see it fly past. We bow to your brilliance.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
TbirdFrank, I've got to be honest here and say that you aren't coming across in a good light on this thread.

I don't know what has upset you, but I suggest you calm down a bit.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Delays and even local cancellations on the North Wales Coast today due to idiots on the track again.

ryan125hst

Established Member
Evening all. Can anyone confirm the routing of The White Rose tomorrow? I assumed that Flying Scotsman would be passing through Retford tomorrow having taken over the train at Newark, but upon checking The Railway Touring Company's website, I've found the tour is actually routed via Gainsborough with 60103 taking on water at Finningley.

However, it says "Our train leaves York at around 15:40, along the East Coast Main Line. It stops to set down passengers at the same stations as on the northbound journey". Is it due to go through Retford in the afternoon or will it return via the Joint Line?

Evening all. Can anyone confirm the routing of The White Rose tomorrow? I assumed that Flying Scotsman would be passing through Retford tomorrow having taken over the train at Newark, but upon checking The Railway Touring Company's website, I've found the tour is actually routed via Gainsborough with 60103 taking on water at Finningley.

However, it says "Our train leaves York at around 15:40, along the East Coast Main Line. It stops to set down passengers at the same stations as on the northbound journey". Is it due to go through Retford in the afternoon or will it return via the Joint Line?

According to UK Steam it returns via Retford, long stop from 17:04, times are here:

http://uksteam.info/tours/t16/t0618b.htm

LeylandLen

Timings for 1Z54 to York posted on Realtimetrains at 0223 today, but nothing yet about timings for return where it terminates at West Hampstead .

ryan125hst

Established Member
According to UK Steam it returns via Retford, long stop from 17:04, times are here:

http://uksteam.info/tours/t16/t0618b.htm

Looks like they went up late last night or early this morning. Strangely it refers to them as partial times yet they look detailed to me, particularly when it includes loco and ECS moves!

LeylandLen said:
Timings for 1Z54 to York posted on Realtimetrains at 0223 today, but nothing yet about timings for return where it terminates at West Hampstead .

And there's still nothing on RTT for the return although Open Train Times does now show the path: http://www.opentraintimes.com/schedule/U50602/2016-06-18

theironroad

Established Member
Just an angry old man ..... :roll:

...who is often wrong. He told us all a while back that wcrc would not be back on the mainline for 12 months and at a cost of £1 million.

Whether he and PS are one and the same I don't know, but they both seem to think they are better and more knowledgeable than anyone else in these forums.

Tracked

Established Member
Went to see it pass through Chesterfield yesterday, there was a helicopter out doing line patrols. I was on the footbridge to the north of the station, heard someone say there was an old guy trespassing but didn't see this myself.

Shot of it not great, it was cracking on though, only a few minutes late

Attachments

• IMG_4192.jpg
    IMG_4192.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.