• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Johnuk123

Established Member
Brand's appearance was only as part of Sport Relief, it's not as part of any dumbing down or anything. I've not seen it yet but at a guess he can't be any worse at analysis than Alan Shearer is.

Well at least Alan Shearer isn't a very immature very foul mouthed very untalented drug addict.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Smudger105e

Well at least Alan Shearer isn't a very immature very foul mouthed very untalented drug addict.

I must admit, I do not find Russell Brand funny, or thought provoking, or pleasant in any way. When he was on Question Time a few weeks back, he seemed to be attempting to be insightful, but just came over as an arrogant tw*t.

I have no time for him at all as a 'celebrity'. Nearly as bad as Pete Docherty...

fowler9

Established Member
He did play 63 times for England in full internationals and scored 30 goals in those matches. As a youngster, he played 11 times for the Under 21 England team in which he scored 13 goals.

Well I guess that makes it alright to maim someone and threaten not to play for England if you get done for it then. :D

Johnuk123

Established Member
Nah, Shearer just booted someone and said he wouldn't play for England if he got rightfully done by the FA for it.

Not really on par with publically humiliating an old man live on the radio and then boasting about it like the immature idiot he is.

fowler9

Established Member
So physically injuring someone and then threatening not to play isn't really on a par with verbally offending someone? We have a long way to go as a species.

Last edited:

Johnuk123

Established Member
So physically injuring someone and then threatening not to play isn't really on a par with verbally offending someone? We have a long way to go as a species.

Don't try and equate a footballer giving another one a little kick with what Brand and Ross did.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Was Shearer ever charged and punished for the offence that is stated, which player was injured and what was the match in question ?

Having played 63 times at International level, I suggest that he had already done his bit for the England team over a nine-year period and surely there were up-and-coming forward talent who both could and should replaced him anyway.

Johnuk123

Established Member
Was Shearer ever charged and punished for the offence that is stated, which player was injured and what was the match in question ?

Having played 63 times at International level, I suggest that he had already done his bit for the England team over a nine-year period and surely there were up-and-coming forward talent who both could and should replaced him anyway.

The player was Neil Lennon they collided together and fell to the ground, as Shearer tried to disentangle his leg he accidentally kicked Lennons face.

The ref took no action, and later the FA also cleared him of all charges and lennon actually spoke in his defence.

So to call it maiming somebody is slightly over the top to say the least.

fowler9

Established Member

Apologies Paul. It is all done and dusted now and I really can't remember which game it was.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Don't try and equate a footballer giving another one a little kick with what Brand and Ross did.

Fair enough mate. It isn't worth falling out over so I apologise.

Minilad

Established Member
The player was Neil Lennon they collided together and fell to the ground, as Shearer tried to disentangle his leg he accidentally kicked Lennons face.

The ref took no action, and later the FA also cleared him of all charges and lennon actually spoke in his defence.

So to call it maiming somebody is slightly over the top to say the least.

Accidentally kicked him in the head ?

hahahaha

Shearer gave just as good as he got. He was a nasty aggressive player who was quick to try and get revenge on players. Had no qualms about kicking, elbowing, stamping.

And he is a terrible pundit on MOTD.

richw

Veteran Member
Real Madrid 3...Barcelona 4

Messi scores yet another hat-trick.

Leaves Athletico Madrid top of league. I was confused as they have an inferior goal difference to Real Madrid, but have now learnt that the Spanish take head to head record before goal difference.

richw

Veteran Member

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
When will clubs learn about Neil Warnock!

He's achieved success at lower league clubs, albeit not without making a few enemies! Problem is, his profile now means he's a bit too expensive for the clubs that might benefit from his er, remarkable man-management skills!

In other football news, Warnock's last club, Leeds United, have been plunged into financial uncertainty today after the Football League barred Massimo Cellino from completing his proposed takeover of the Elland Road club following his conviction in his homeland on fraud charges.

Full article on the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26717044

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
He's achieved success at lower league clubs, albeit not without making a few enemies! Problem is, his profile now means he's a bit too expensive for the clubs that might benefit from his er, remarkable man-management skills!

He must have been the manager who most alienated the supporters when he was manager of Oldham Athletic.

The number of clubs that he has managed must now be well into double figures.

Last edited:

Butts

Veteran Member
He must have been the manager who most alienated the supporters when he was manager of Oldham Athletic.

The number of clubs that he has managed must now be well into double figures.

He has a regular column in "The Independent" which is quite amusing and informative.