• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

CallySleeper

Established Member
Breaking: Stuart Pearce will tomorrow sign a two-year deal to manage Forest from the end of this season. Despite currently being abroad on Sky Sports duty he's expected in the boardroom tomorrow having agreed terms.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
He's a crafty one, isn't he?

Forest get promoted this season, he gets to manage in the Premiership.
Forest fails to get promotion this season, no one can blame him.

Still I figure that he doesn't particularly fancy Forest's chance of promotion this term.

Cletus

Established Member
Can't see Droylsden picking up their 2nd win today, 4-0 down in the 1st 12 minutes and 7-0 at half time. Wow!

richw

Veteran Member
Leicester City are promoted to the premier league, QPR and Derby have both lost today.

fowler9

Established Member
Manchester City 4...Southampton 1

This result from the Premiership early kick-off match leaves Manchester City one point behind Liverpool with a game in hand.

The first Man City goal wasn't a penalty, the second was a couple of yards offside. Can't comment on the other two as I went out for a walk. :D

familyguy99

Final score : -

Chorley 13...Droylsden 1

You have to feel sorry for Droylsden and they fans who went to that match. :(

Just found out on Droylsden fc twitter page that was biggest defeat for Droylsden fc in 125 years, I'm sure next season they fans will laugh at this season when Droylsden go unbeaten in whole season.

Oldham won 3-2 at Bradford which mean Oldham are now up to 16th in table but with other teams in bottom 7 winning too it mean Oldham still four points clear from drop zone, I think if Oldham win one more in game then we should be safe.

Man Utd won 4-0 at Newcastle which was Man Utd four straight away win, United are seven points behide Arsenal in 4th place but it look more likely it be Arsenal or Everton who finishes in last Uefa Champion League spot then Man Utd.

Last edited:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The first Man City goal wasn't a penalty, the second was a couple of yards offside. Can't comment on the other two as I went out for a walk. :D

But if you had been watching that match, instead of going for a walk, when those other two goals you refer to were scored, you would have been able to tell us the reasons why either of those two goals also should not have counted..:D

Just like last season's matches...keep the name Manchester but substitute City for United, and you would think that it was like old times all over again on our beloved football thread...:roll:

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Well, well, well Hearts; we meet again. If you last that long.

Just like last season's matches...keep the name Manchester but substitute City for United, and you would think that it was like old times all over again on our beloved football thread...:roll:

With all due respect Paul, the only thing perpetual about analysing big team's games on this thread seems to be that you mention that we all do it a lot. In fairness to everyone, it's calmed down a lot.

Butts

Veteran Member
Well, well, well Hearts; we meet again. If you last that long.

Indeed :oops: - a battle of the bankrupts and points deductees !!!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks Bournemouth and Middlesbourugh!
we're going up

Hopefully bb21 is out of the country or he will be on here crowing about Bournemouths performance today :p
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Another crap performance :roll:

Benteke out till November ? - Lerner needs to "splash the cash"

Torres ?????

Butts

Veteran Member
I sincerely doubt it; it would be absolute suicide for his career. I doubt they could afford his wages anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in America or similar.

Could be a fresh start - may take a cut in wages to rejuvenate his prospects :p

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Could be a fresh start - may take a cut in wages to rejuvenate his prospects :p

Or he could get an even fresher start in a foreign country for similar wages as he's on now and, if in a franchise like the MLS, be treated like royalty on account of how big he was elsewhere (see Thierry Henry for NY Red Bull), as well as regaining some of his prolific-ness, albeit against lesser opposition. Either way, going to a country like America or a club like Villa would all but end his intentional career. I can see him at somewhere on the near Continent though in all reality.

richw

Veteran Member
Or he could get an even fresher start in a foreign country for similar wages as he's on now and, if in a franchise like the MLS, be treated like royalty on account of how big he was elsewhere (see Thierry Henry for NY Red Bull), as well as regaining some of his prolific-ness, albeit against lesser opposition. Either way, going to a country like America or a club like Villa would all but end his intentional career. I can see him at somewhere on the near Continent though in all reality.

I've been wondering if he is homesick, and perhaps if the case moving back to Spain would be best for him and probably his performances

fowler9

Established Member
But if you had been watching that match, instead of going for a walk, when those other two goals you refer to were scored, you would have been able to tell us the reasons why either of those two goals also should not have counted..:D

Ha ha, fair play. I am of course massively biased before I start. I wanted Southampton to win for the sake of Liverpool. I thought for the first penalty the guy who got fouled looked like he got knocked and then tripped himself on his own foot. For the second goal all the pundits were talking about if he was in line for the initial pass, but the ball was flicked on by another city player by which point Nasri was a clear 2 yards offside.

Oswyntail

Established Member
I've been wondering if he is homesick, and perhaps if the case moving back to Spain would be best for him and probably his performances
All he really needs is to get away from Chelsea - the "dressing room" there didn't let him take the place of their beloved Didier

Kite159

Veteran Member
Salisbury's winless run has ended with a rare away win at Braintree :)

Most likely will finish mid-table this year, which is a good season for the 2nd time in the Conference Main

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Thanks Bournemouth and Middlesbourugh!
we're going up

You are welcome.

You can return the favour a week on Monday by beating Reading. :D

Hopefully bb21 is out of the country or he will be on here crowing about Bournemouths performance today :p

Strange little day. We win and Leicester are promoted (therefore no bragging rights next week), at the expense of Redknapp (who produced our most successful team before Howe).

If not for the forum challenge I would have had to come up with an excuse not to go to the game today - just cannot take all that. :(