• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Smudger105e

Is Blatter possibly innocent and the victim of a huge miscarriage of justice ?
We obviously do not know all the facts but I personally can't see the Ethics Committee making such a decision if they were not pretty sure of their position.

And Blatter only comes over as marginally more pleasant than Trump so I won't be losing any sleep.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I wouldn't necessarily suggest that Platini is squeaky-clean, but I do wonder if it's a case of Blatter deciding that if he's going down he'll take one of his fiercest critics (within the upper-echelons at least) down with him...

SS4

Established Member
It's probably down to the fact that the "top" teams are performing nowhere near as consistent as they should be. I mean, Man U losing to two newly-promoted teams in successive games? That was never heard of before I don't think. (Probably had happened at one point but you get my gist.)

Couple that with Chelsea completely choking on their ambitions, Liverpool a total flop, and Man City, Spurs and Arsenal all having a wobble every now and then, no wonder top place is currently occupied by a club outside the "top six".

I have always found the Premier League a more boring competition than the Football League overall. Perhaps not having promotion to fight for and the "top six" having much bigger resources both having something to do with it.

I agree, that's why we're doing our best to end up in the Championship next time :oops:

The disparity in income means the same suspects will always be there - this is an odd season but three of the usual suspects are in the top 6.

Butts

Veteran Member
I agree, that's why we're doing our best to end up in the Championship next time :oops:

The disparity in income means the same suspects will always be there - this is an odd season but three of the usual suspects are in the top 6.

If only you could turn the clock back to Christmas 1998 when under John Gregory you were top of The Premiership :p

Antman

Established Member
Looking at the recent poor form of Manchester United over the last six matches, I should imagine that an early kick-off away at Stoke City would be the last match that any manager would look forward to in a situation that currently exists.

I think another defeat could well spell the end for LVG

Minilad

Established Member
Looking at the recent poor form of Manchester United over the last six matches, I should imagine that an early kick-off away at Stoke City would be the last match that any manager would look forward to in a situation that currently exists.

Ahhhh but can they do it on a wet windy Boxing Day in Stoke :lol:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Ahhhh but can they do it on a wet windy Boxing Day in Stoke :lol:

This was basically the gist of my posting
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Noting the heavy overnight rain on already wet pitch surfaces, I wonder as to the number of Boxing Day matches that will be called off.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Final score

Stoke City 2....Manchester United 0

Rooney had been dropped, but appeared in the second half....to no avail whatsoever.

Stoke City consolidating their league position as a result of this game.

familyguy99

Blackpool v Oldham match were one of 18 matches that were call off today due to weather, with this postponed it mean Oldham now have two games in hand which feel they need to pick up six points from two matches special as they are three points behind Chesterfield in table.

Leicester have lost for only second time this season as Liverpool beat them 1-0, it mean if Arsenal beat Southampton later on Arsenal will go top of Premiership table.

Last edited:

Drogba11CFC

AFC Totton 2...Winchester City 0 (Sherborne 56, 64)

Winchester City obviously overindulged at Christmas as AFC Totton made them pay for lacklustre finishing with two goals in the second half, the visitors' best chance coming late on when Jamie Thoroughgood hit the bar. They drop to fifth, just two points clear of Taunton Town, but with games in hand on the teams above them and a visit from pointless Bashley to come.

As for Oscar's execution...I'm all in favour.

Minilad

Established Member
WE GOT ANOTHER POINT

Unfortunately it's about as much use as tits on a fish but hey ho!
To be fair another improved performance and I can see some sort of plan taking shape. Too late for this season but will stand us in good stead next season

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Derby are now top of the Championship after a 2 0 win over Fulham although it has to be said that the Blackburn v Middlesborough postponement certainly helped us. We didn't play very well but points on the board are really all that matters in our push for promotion.

12CSVT

Established Member
Tomorrow's match of the day (subject to the pitch not being waterlogged) is the mighty Fort William vs Rothes (K.O. 15:00).

familyguy99

Oldham 1-2 Doncaster

Sound like we deserve point from game but our defences cost us the match, massive game on Saturday as we play bottom of table Colchester, we need to beat them or we could found ourself five/six points behind Chesterfield or Barnsley who are just outside bottom 4.

Last edited:

Geezertronic

Established Member
Formerly of Newcastle United, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth and West Ham, Pavel Srnicek has passed away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35193693 said:
Former Newcastle United goalkeeper Pavel Srnicek has died at the age of 47, nine days after suffering cardiac arrest in his native Czech Republic

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
2016 brings the Premiership to the half-way stage with 19 games of the 38 having been played.

I wonder what odds the large bookmakers would have offered at the start of the season on the correct naming of the first five top teams at this half-way mark?

Kite159

Veteran Member
Looks like Brighton who remained unbeaten until a few weeks ago bubble has burst, currently 1-0 down to Wolves.

Now only if XC still ran to Brighton the Wolves fans could have got a direct train home ;) :lol: