• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Clip

Established Member
Well that was a bit of a ding dong wasn't it. I just really hope they can carry that passion and fight onwards as that was needed tonight.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Huddersfield Town 5 - 0 Charlton Athletic

Well, we've been threatening to give out a real hiding ever since David Wagner took over, and it's no surprise that crisis club Charlton Athletic were the unfortunate victims. Five different scorers despite never really getting out of second gear, we've done our goal difference no harm and there's a real positivity about the club now. Fulham next will be tougher though, with hopefully a bigger crowd than the less-than-10k that turned out tonight. It was cold though I suppose...

Butts

Veteran Member
We won?! :o

Can't see it making much difference but still

Ye of little faith......:roll:

They might win all their remaining fixtures and finish mid-table.

Whatever happens at least they have eclipsed Derby's record low points tally in being relegated.

Minilad

Established Member
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

First home win for 250 days and I wasn't there because I was working. (might not go again all season now as it's clearly all my fault!)

richw

Veteran Member
I wonder how, as they are only allowed a maximum of two shots on goal (of any description) per game, that Manchester United managed to score three goals last night...:roll:

Any other team would have been a few more than 3 to be fair to the result. Newcastle's defence was non existent.

Darandio

Established Member

familyguy99

And it now been confirm that John Sheridan is new Oldham manager.

Oldham Athletic are delighted to announce the appointment of John Sheridan as first team manager.

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/new...team-manager-2900097.aspx#tvzJWp8JkhdQfo7d.99

Like I said yesterday he did well in first spell he was manager of Oldham and hopefully he do well this time around, main thing for Oldham is to avoid relegation but with Sheridan in charge hopefully Oldham will start winning games and move out of bottom 4 and get too 50 points.

Last edited:

Antman

Established Member
The Wednesday Premiership results were quite interesting and saw Leicester City back on level points with Arsenal at the head of that league table.

Leicester City aren't going away;)

Some decent games with gaffes by players and referees!

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I went to the Liberty Stadium last night and I want the referee to refund the £35 I paid!

In truth, it was nice to see six goals, Swansea weren't very good, but the referee didn't half make some howlers. Despite normally being very reluctant to criticise mistakes by refs, I have to say that he didn't look as if he knew what hew as doing. The Swans penalty was right in front of me and, well, it wasn't a penalty at all I must admit.

Clip

Established Member
Bloody Swansea giving the mackems false hope like that. Also why did they sell us Shelvey? Or more to the point why did we buy him? He can be good on his day but seems another lazy tosser most of the time.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
There were question marks over Shelvey's attitude since just about the day he signed from Liverpool. Apparently he made some gestures to the away crowd as well during the embarrassing defeat at Oxford.

I don't think he'll do any favours for Newcastle United, I'm sorry to say. But you can take some consolation from the fact that in my view, Swansea now look certs to be relegated. Oh well, I think they've done well to stay in the Premier League for so long :)

DarloRich

Veteran Member
There were question marks over Shelvey's attitude since just about the day he signed from Liverpool. Apparently he made some gestures to the away crowd as well during the embarrassing defeat at Oxford.

I don't think he'll do any favours for Newcastle United, I'm sorry to say. But you can take some consolation from the fact that in my view, Swansea now look certs to be relegated. Oh well, I think they've done well to stay in the Premier League for so long :)

i remember going to the Vetch in the 4th division so they have done bloody well ;)

Clip

Established Member

Yeah hes never seemed a 'nice' sort of bloke has. If he's arsey we'll soon get on his back about it too.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
There was a strong feeling in these parts that he is a selfish individual with no real attachment to any club he plays for. He is merely out for whatever he can get, with his main eye being to play for a successful club and for England.

I don't know the guy myself and I have no quarrel with ambition, but when that goes along with arrogance, a sense of entitlement and a preference to jump ship rather than dig in with your club mates, there is always going to be a problem.

Newcastle Utd and their fans have my sympathies if he is truly as those connected to Swansea City have reported. I just hope that it's wrong, and he has been judged harshly, because Newcastle are a great club and I've been a bit of fan since the FA Cup Final defeat to Liverpool when I was a kid. (My junior school team also wore black and white stripes!)

Minilad

Established Member
Apparently the weekends lottery winner has contacted Randy Lerner to buy Aston Villa.
I wonder what they would have bought if they had 4 numbers come up

Antman

Established Member
I went to the Liberty Stadium last night and I want the referee to refund the £35 I paid!

In truth, it was nice to see six goals, Swansea weren't very good, but the referee didn't half make some howlers. Despite normally being very reluctant to criticise mistakes by refs, I have to say that he didn't look as if he knew what hew as doing. The Swans penalty was right in front of me and, well, it wasn't a penalty at all I must admit.

I saw it on tv and the referee really did have an absolute 'mare! The Swansea player fell over his own feet for the penalty and as for the red card, it wasn't even a foul:oops:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
FIFA have been carrying out an investigation into the registration of minors in contravention of the rules that so apply and two of the top clubs in La Liga, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid, have both been banned for registering any new players for the next two transfer windows.

In addition, fines in Swiss francs were imposed on both those clubs and the British currency equivalents are shown below:-
Atletico Madrid....£622,000
Real Madrid........£249,000

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
FIFA have been carrying out an investigation into the registration of minors in contravention of the rules that so apply and two of the top clubs in La Liga, Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid, have both been banned for registering any new players for the next two transfer windows.

Have the Miners Unions been in touch?

Kite159

Veteran Member

In addition, fines in Swiss francs were imposed on both those clubs and the British currency equivalents are shown below:-
Atletico Madrid....£622,000
Real Madrid........£249,000

Is it just me or is that fine for Real Madrid a bit laughable, as they probably pay the likes of Bale & Portugal more a week?

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Is it just me or is that fine for Real Madrid a bit laughable, as they probably pay the likes of Bale & Portugal more a week?

I think the amount is only reflective of the fact that Atletico Madrid's fine would suggest that particular club had far more to answer for.

Come what may, it is not the size of the fine but the embargo on registering players for the next two transfer windows that will be seen at both clubs as far more of a punishment.

richw

Veteran Member
Their bans don't include the current transfer window so you can bet they will sign a fair few players now to counteract the ban

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Their bans don't include the current transfer window so you can bet they will sign a fair few players now to counteract the ban

If that occurs, will we see a similar list of outgoing players from the two clubs coming onto the transfer market?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
******************************************************************************************

Back on the home front, I wish that I could share the optimism of certain of the Bolton Wanderers officials that the winding-up petition scheduled to be heard on 18th January COULD BE delayed. The club needs to produce at least £600,000 prior to the hearing and a proposed £2 million move of one of their players to another club has now fallen through.

If they have to enter into administration, the immediate 12-point deduction sanction would leave them in a somewhat impossible position at the foot of their league table. Nat Lofthouse must be turning in his grave.

Clip

Established Member
If that occurs, will we see a similar list of outgoing players from the two clubs coming onto the transfer market?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
******************************************************************************************

Back on the home front, I wish that I could share the optimism of certain of the Bolton Wanderers officials that the winding-up petition scheduled to be heard on 18th January COULD BE delayed. The club needs to produce at least £600,000 prior to the hearing and a proposed £2 million move of one of their players to another club has now fallen through.

If they have to enter into administration, the immediate 12-point deduction sanction would leave them in a somewhat impossible position at the foot of their league table. Nat Lofthouse must be turning in his grave.

Apparently Peter Jones may come to their rescue by buying the car park to turn into a retail park.

Im sure Nat Lofthouse isn't in his grave any more - the worms would've had him

Clip

Established Member
That deal would need to be financially completed prior to next Monday's hearing deadline. Has he already obtained the necessary statutory change of land usage permission?

Im sure thick wads of £50 notes and employment opportunities for the people of Bolton would ensure that wouldn't be a problem.