• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Im sure thick wads of £50 notes and employment opportunities for the people of Bolton would ensure that wouldn't be a problem.

That does not really either address the required time schedule of next Monday morning. If he has the money, why has he not already made a formal application to the courts, in order that the legal proceedings could be delayed.

How many employment positions are said to be involved?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
That does not really either address the required time schedule of next Monday morning. If he has the money, why has he not already made a formal application to the courts, in order that the legal proceedings could be delayed.

How many employment positions are said to be involved?

They wont be wound up. Darlo have been there and worn the T shirt more often than most clubs. Hell we were in administration 3 times! Sell someone else and offer the cash up as a down payment and the court will offer more time.

As for anyone investing - surely the best time is when the club is in administration - you could pick it up then for Xp in the £ then ;)

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
I don't know, but there is a possible takeover bid which would at least be a delaying action at the courts...

Certainly the footballers would be out of work - whatever you think about them they are employees

As for anyone investing - surely the best time is when the club is in administration - you could pick it up then for Xp in the £ then ;)

And rename them RailUKForums FC

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I don't know, but there is a possible takeover bid which would at least be a delaying action at the courts...

Certainly the footballers would be out of work - whatever you think about them they are employees

And rename them RailUKForums FC

well you would still have to satisfy all secured debts and football debts ( wages/fees/transfers etc) which will amount to quite a bit unless you can do a deal with the football creditors. It is people like joiners, pie providers, local traders, St Johns Ambulance etc who get screwed.

Once again - been there several times ;)

Clip

Established Member

No idea - ask him on twitter.

How many employment positions are said to be involved

No idea. Ask him on twitter but if you think about it even a retail park of 5 outlets(picked at random) are going to be open 7 days a week and will roughly need depending on size:

1 Store manager
2 shift managers ( at least but maybe 3 for leave cover)
then you are looking at about 15 - 30 staff members in a mix of fully and part time employment

So to round up say 35 people per store so you're looking at around 150 + positions. Then you need to add in the retail park management and the cleaning contractors for the site as well as each store so you could be looking at 200 maybe more.

But you could've thought of that yourself ;)

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Sell someone else and offer the cash up as a down payment and the court will offer more time.

The only player who was for sale has turned down the deal. I was unaware that there were more of them. You just can't force players to leave because another deal has fallen through.

There is only the rest of Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday for such a deal to be registered with the football authorities and the transfer monies from the deal transferred into the bank account of the club in order that any such monies can be made available to meet the requirements of the court.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
well you would still have to satisfy all secured debts and football debts ( wages/fees/transfers etc) which will amount to quite a bit unless you can do a deal with the football creditors. It is people like joiners, pie providers, local traders, St Johns Ambulance etc who get screwed.

Once again - been there several times ;)

Easy - appoint Nick Leeson as the finance manager

familyguy99

New manager at Oldham but same old story. :(

Bradford 1-0 Oldham

We played with 10 men for 50 mins as Brown got send off but question of should been red card, it sound like we were better team when we were down to 10 men but couldn't take our chances and Bradford goalie made some good saves, I notice Bradford shot stat for this game.

Bradford had 15 shots and only one was on target that one been that goal, hopefully Sheridan can bring some new players in and if he does I feel Oldham will get some wins on board very soon.

I see Blackpool beat Scunthorpe 5-0 today. Philliskirk sign for Blackpool from Oldham last week and he got himself his first goal for Blackpool, I'm not sure if they any Blackpool fans on here but Philliskirk will do well for Blackpool and should get some goals for them too.

Last edited:

Drogba11CFC

Winchester City 2...Mangotsfield United 1 (Smeeton 35, Benham 48; Bryan 24, Scott s/o 54

Winchester City showed grit and determination to come back from a goal down and hold on after a tense last ten minutes. Charlie Smeeton finished off a good passing move to pull Winchester level in the first half and then Matt Benham hit a daisy-cutter into the bottom left corner from the edge of the box just after half time. Rickie Scott was dismissed afterwards for a second booking and although Winchester couldn't find the third goal, they saw the game out; and with Swindon Supermarine and Tiverton drawing, leapfrogged them...and North Leigh, who suffered a shock defeat at lowly Bridgwater, into third.

SS4

Established Member
A point against Leicester is good in isolation but doesn't help much overall especially since we didn't convert our opportunities in the late game.

I'd almost forgotten Kozak played for us before last week!

Johnuk123

Established Member
When Man U. are shown live on BBC against Derby in the FA Cup on Jan 29th it will be the 49th consecutive time they have been shown in the competition, nothing like variety then.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
The only player who was for sale has turned down the deal. I was unaware that there were more of them. You just can't force players to leave because another deal has fallen through.

There is only the rest of Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday for such a deal to be registered with the football authorities and the transfer monies from the deal transferred into the bank account of the club in order that any such monies can be made available to meet the requirements of the court.

they will all be for sale and they will be trying to sell/loan anyone with a value. Whilst you cant "force" a player to leave you can suggest to them really quite strongly that they need to do one! Darlo have been in this position many times. Inland Revenue petitioning for a winding up order, player sold for precisely the amount needed to buy some time at the last minute.

Forgetting our speculation on the recently discussed matter on the court hearing into the affairs of Bolton Wanderers that will be held some time later today, let us see what now actually transpires.

Football clubs don't seem to be treated like other businesses in case like these. I don't think a winding up petition will be granted. If it looks likely the club will go into administration before the hearing, take the penalty, be relegated and write off the non football debts at X ( being a small number) in the £

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
they will all be for sale and they will be trying to sell/loan anyone with a value. Whilst you cant "force" a player to leave you can suggest to them really quite strongly that they need to do one! Darlo have been in this position many times. Inland Revenue petitioning for a winding up order, player sold for precisely the amount needed to buy some time at the last minute.

Football clubs don't seem to be treated like other businesses in case like these. I don't think a winding up petition will be granted. If it looks likely the club will go into administration before the hearing, take the penalty, be relegated and write off the non football debts at X ( being a small number) in the £

I certainly hope Bolton manage to fulfil their fixtures, as if they don't Huddersfield will lose 6 points and +5 goal difference! Even without a points deduction they look doomed to relegation though. As do Charlton, so only one relegation space left, most probably. My guess is Rotherham to take that space.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Scunthorpe manager Mark Robins sacked: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35343370

Scunthorpe United have sacked manager Mark Robins and assistant David Kelly with the club lying 16th in League One.

York lose to Newport County at Bootham Park 1-0. Relegation now a certainty for the Minstermen.

It isn't over yet. They are 3 adrift of safety with enough games left to play.

I certainly hope Bolton manage to fulfil their fixtures, as if they don't Huddersfield will lose 6 points and +5 goal difference! Even without a points deduction they look doomed to relegation though. As do Charlton, so only one relegation space left, most probably. My guess is Rotherham to take that space.

they will fulfill their fixtures i am sure. The league position is why they might take the administration penalty now.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
As predicted: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35342982

Bolton Wanderers: Club avoid immediate winding-up order

Bolton Wanderers have avoided an immediate winding-up order after their case was adjourned until 22 February.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member

If you mean the £2.2 million debt owed to HMRC by Bolton Wanderersas being one of the non-football debts, has there been any recent instances of HMRC agreeing to a debt owed to them being written off or at a very small percentage in the £?

Last edited:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
If you mean the £2.2 million debt owed to HMRC by Bolton Wanderersas being one of the non-football debts, has there been any recent instances of HMRC agreeing to a debt owed to them being written off or at a very small percentage in the £?

I'm not privy to any agreements that HMRC may or may not have made with football clubs in the past, but in order to regain their football league shares and exit administration, clubs must agree to settle all football related debts in full. As tax debts are not football related, any settlements a club made in relation to tax issues would not need to be ratified by the Football Association or the Football League.

Clip

Established Member
Cracking game and result for us at the weekend. Made me very happy. Shame Swansea won tonight though

richw

Veteran Member

Boltons debt is unusual in that the vast majority is owed to the owner in interest free loans, that he's suggested he will write off. Take off this debt and they owe very little, but since matey pulled the plug on funding they have higher outgoing than incoming as they were happily being subsidised by him to plug the deficit.

The fact they needed a monthly subsidy highlights poor financial management.

Butts

Veteran Member
Boltons debt is unusual in that the vast majority is owed to the owner in interest free loans, that he's suggested he will write off. Take off this debt and they owe very little, but since matey pulled the plug on funding they have higher outgoing than incoming as they were happily being subsidised by him to plug the deficit.

I bet Neil Lennon wishes he was back at Celtic instead of propping up The Championship at a debt ridden shambolic former decent Club.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

I'm not privy to any agreements that HMRC may or may not have made with football clubs in the past, but in order to regain their football league shares and exit administration, clubs must agree to settle all football related debts in full. As tax debts are not football related, any settlements a club made in relation to tax issues would not need to be ratified by the Football Association or the Football League.

Yes - HMRC end up getting bounced into settlements by football clubs all the time. Darlo have done deals with them on several occasions paying back less than they owe. So have many other clubs in similar situations

I would suggest the writings of David Conn in the Guardian are a good place to look further into the murky world of Football Business. His book of the same name is very interesting:

http://www.theguardian.com/profile/davidconn

With the experiences we have been through with owners giving similar promises I would be very wary of club owners bearing promises! It is also hardly fair to criticise Bolton for needing a subsidy when many ( most?) clubs run on similar lines!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
SHOCK: It seems Darlo will play our first home game for 80 (!) days tonight v Whitby Town this evening:

Darlington hopeful of playing first home game in 80 days

the 80-day break that has followed is longer than the length of time between last season’s play-off final against Bamber Bridge and the first home friendly of this campaign against Sunderland.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...opeful_of_playing_first_home_game_in_80_days/

Last edited:

SS4

Established Member
When Man U. are shown live on BBC against Derby in the FA Cup on Jan 29th it will be the 49th consecutive time they have been shown in the competition, nothing like variety then.

That the BBC loves Manchester United is far from surprising. The only ones that can't see it are those that are too blind to