• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Bolton Wanderers 3...Eastleigh 2

Will this FA Cup result soon be seen as a normal league fixture that the future holds for Bolton Wanderers if matters keep on their current downwards slide..:roll:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
********************************************************************************************

Celtic 8....Hamilton Academicals 1

Biggest win for Celtic since 2010 (when they beat Aberdeen 9-0)
they will all be for sale and they will be trying to sell/loan anyone with a value. Whilst you cant "force" a player to leave you can suggest to them really quite strongly that they need to do one! Darlo have been in this position many times. Inland Revenue petitioning for a winding up order, player sold for precisely the amount needed to buy some time at the last minute.

The report that Bolton Wanderers are not sure that, at this moment in time, that they can pay the salaries for January is somewhat a worrying turn of events.

gnolife

Established Member

Will this FA Cup result soon be seen as a normal league fixture that the future holds for Bolton Wanderers if matters keep on their current downwards slide..:roll:

Nah, we'll probably end up with local derbies between AFC 'Near to Horwich Parkway' Wanderers (or equivalent nonsense name) and the likes of Atherton Laburnum Rovers, Daisy Hill and Prestwich Heys before we end up with Bolton vs Eastleigh as a regular league fixture. :lol:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
You really do have to give a sigh of exasperation at those so-called football websites that incorporate a gossip column which appears to inhabit a parallel universe to that of the website,

In one such website, images of back pages of redtop tabloids are prominently displayed stating that van Gaal has had a transfer embargo imposed on him by Manchester United, but the associated gossip column still makes predictions of numerous signings that they are in negotiations with....:roll:

LuSiVe

Chesterfield v Millwall today ... eek :)

Looks like this will be Sammy Morsy's last game with us. Rumoured to be off to Wigan afterwards as we don't have any more games this transfer window. And the likelihood of our relegation goes up .....

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Chesterfield v Millwall today ... eek :)

Looks like this will be Sammy Morsy's last game with us. Rumoured to be off to Wigan afterwards as we don't have any more games this transfer window. And the likelihood of our relegation goes up .....

Parachute payments are enough of a problem in the 2nd tier, when there's a side still getting them in the 3rd it becomes ridiculous... Especially when it's Wigan who don't get big crowds, and there's a cautionary tale for them just down the road...

Butts

Veteran Member
Will West Brom 0-0 Aston Villa be the first match on MOD tonight :roll:

Good start for Charlie Austin at Old Trafford today - 4 Million well spent by the look of it.

Unlike the £32 Million Liverpool wasted on Benteke :p

Minilad

Established Member
Attacking is great. Defence non existent.

Oh what I would give for an attack!

At least we are harder to beat now. 5 unbeaten and the Tesco Bags still haven't done the double over us since the 60s!

Signs of a turnaround definitely there. Probably too late for this season but hopefully some chance of a quick return next season

familyguy99

Oldham 0-1 Bury

My first home match for while and knowing we were better then last time I saw Oldham play we didn't took the chances when they can and at bottom Oldham really need to take them, Bury probably should won more then one goal but saying that Oldham should aleast got point from this game.

Bad news for Oldham is that Shrewsbury got late winner goal against Burton mean Oldham are now eight points behind Shrewsbury in table, we play Shrewsbury on Tues night and we have to beat them or we could found ourself nine points off 20th team Chesterfield. (that if Blackpool get win against Sheff Utd)

Antman

Established Member
Norwich City 4....Liverpool 5

I wonder what odds the big bookmakers would have offered on that scoreline?

Norwich were also denied a clear penalty for James Milner's ridiculous shove on a player going away from goal, Alan Hansen would have had a fit about some of the defending!

Minilad

Established Member
Everton 1...Swansea City 2

That result is sure to annoy some of "the regulars" on this thread whose teams are "at the wrong end of the table".

Thankfully I have long resigned myself to relegation this year.
I take little notice about what the other teams above are doing and are currently just looking for signs of improvement at my own troubled club. Thankfully the on field stuff does show some small green shoots of recovery over that last few weeks. Unfortunately the way the club is being run continues to frustrate!

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Arsenal 0...Chelsea 1

A result guaranteed to cause rejoicing in Leicester. The goal scored by that enfant terrible Diego Costa.

Just to rub salt into the Old Trafford wounds, it is interesting to compare the home results of the following two matches played this weekend:-

Manchester United 0....Southampton 1

FC United of Manchester 6....Lowestoft Town 1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Imaginary interview scenario....

Commentator : Well, Mr van Gaal, what are your goals for the rest of the season?

LVG : What are goals...:D:roll:

Last edited:

Drogba11CFC

Arsenal 0...Chelsea 1

A result guaranteed to cause rejoicing in Leicester. The goal scored by that enfant terrible Diego Costa.

Just to rub salt into the Old Trafford wounds, it is interesting to compare the home results of the following two matches played this weekend:-

Manchester United 0....Southampton 1

FC United of Manchester 6....Lowestoft Town 1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Imaginary interview scenario....

Commentator : Well, Mr van Gaal, what are your goals for the rest of the season?

LVG : What are goals...:D:roll:

Who will surely enjoy a post-match bath of bitter gooner tears. I've seen several petitions started by twitter Arsenal fans, including one calling for him to be deported. No mention of a coffee chain boycott yet, though.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

If they were to end up as badly treated as Darlo it would be the North West Counties League with a new name

The report that Bolton Wanderers are not sure that, at this moment in time, that they can pay the salaries for January is somewhat a worrying turn of events.

Standard performance in these circumstances - rob Peter to pay off some of the debt to Paul knowing that you can defer paying Peter via administration!

this is all very familiar sadly. Administration before the next HMRC hearing without a new benefactor and/or player sales

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Thankfully I have long resigned myself to relegation this year. I take little notice about what the other teams above are doing and are currently just looking for signs of improvement at my own troubled club. Thankfully the on field stuff does show some small green shoots of recovery over that last few weeks. Unfortunately the way the club is being run continues to frustrate!

Take heart and sometimes what seems impossible can happen. Look where Leicester City were in the second half of last season, yet still managed to avoid relegation.

Perhaps SS4 and you could offer prayers up to St Paul McGrath to see if he can put a good word in for Aston Villa in the right ears "up above".

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Everton 1...Swansea City 2

That result is sure to annoy some of "the regulars" on this thread whose teams are "at the wrong end of the table".

You won't be surprised to learn that while I'm not a regular, I am definitely not annoyed with the result either!

Minilad

Established Member
Take heart and sometimes what seems impossible can happen. Look where Leicester City were in the second half of last season, yet still managed to avoid relegation.

Perhaps SS4 and you could offer prayers up to St Paul McGrath to see if he can put a good word in for Aston Villa in the right ears "up above".

Paul McGrath IS "the ears up above" :lol:

SS4

Established Member

There's no higher authority than Paul McGrath ;)

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
It does not say overmuch about the Premiership sides in the middle of the table, hoping to aim for a top four or five final position, that a team only now managing one or two shots on goal per game can still occupy the fifth position in the Premiership, when the season is now past the half-way mark..:roll: