• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

FGW_Lad

My 'little' old club Reading will be playing at the mighty Wembley on 30th May!!

Also have a little look out for Stevenage and Luton's games too!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Get them all out, disgusted :cry: :cry:

I can't believe that we are going down, when joke teams like Blackpool have a good chance of staying up.

Gutted...

Blackpool do at least espouse the old-fashioned idea of attacking football. They concede many goals as a result of this, but you will find that they have also scored more than most of the teams in the last 10 places in the Premiership. Their 4-3 win over Bolton was very exiting to watch and they have done the "double" over Liverpool this season...no-one in their wildest dreams would have ever thought that possible. Their manager and his opinions have been like a breath of fresh air this season.

In reply to your last comment, Blackpool will have to achieve a most remarkable result away to Manchester United (who have a formidable home record this season) if they have a chance to survive. But they are on level points with Birmingham City with not much difference in goal difference.

The relegation issue may well be solved by the side being beaten by the biggest score in the final match of the season.

I actually support Oldham Athletic for my sins. The way that they have led the downward charge in the final part of the season from being a play-off contender at Christmas has been depressing. I feel like asking our local Trading Standards if I can sue them for having the word "Athletic" in their name, because recent performances appear to have that word as contravening the Trade Descripion Act.

Last edited:

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
My 'little' old club Reading will be playing at the mighty Wembley on 30th May!!

Also have a little look out for Stevenage and Luton's games too!

We will see you there!

Congratulations on your great win last night. As soemone who is from Swansea and lived in Reading, it will be muc easier for me to bear if Swansea lose in the final compared to losing to Cardiff!

Whatever happens, I hope it is an exciting game and a good avert for Chamionship football!

HST Power

Established Member
I think Reading will win. They were excellent when they were first in the Premiership.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I was pleased they got into the Premiership and it was a shame they got relegated after a few good seasons. I hope they don't make it back up this year though!

SS4

Established Member
Tonight's game was a brilliant one though although the shoot-out was anti-climatic although penalties are always fun when it's not your team taking part!

FGW_Lad

We will see you there!

Congratulations on your great win last night. As soemone who is from Swansea and lived in Reading, it will be muc easier for me to bear if Swansea lose in the final compared to losing to Cardiff!

Whatever happens, I hope it is an exciting game and a good avert for Chamionship football!

Yeah should be fantastic, I'm a bit worried Swansea will tear us apart with Sinclair but then again we should have Kebe back.

Whatever happens it'll be a great game, I would have taken this any day 3 months ago when we were sitting 12th!!

EM2

Established Member
Yeah should be fantastic, I'm a bit worried Swansea will tear us apart with Sinclair but then again we should have Kebe back.

Whatever happens it'll be a great game, I would have taken this any day 3 months ago when we were sitting 12th!!
So is everyone loving Brian now? I heard he was getting a bit of a rough time a while back.

Eng274

Glad Stephen Dobbie (former Hibernian player) seems to be doing well down south, after being wrongly released IMO, it was unlucky that he was not part of the team that featured the 'golden generation' of home-grown youngsters, which Hibs promptly sold for millions and replaced with sh@te. 13 goals in 56 games this season isn't too bad for someone who was once playing in the third division in scotland - bearin g in mind the english championship is probably equivalent or better than the SPL.

Any swannys around? Whats the general opinion of him as a player?

Barton Keyes

The Premiership's excesses are a pain but there's no denying it's an exciting relegation battle this year. Don't really want to see Blackpool or Wigan go down but if it has to be them or the us...

Up the Wolves!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Luton vs Wimbledon is tomorrow, the wsinner plays in the football league once more next season, come on Wimbledon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ivo

Established Member
Luton vs Wimbledon is tomorrow, the wsinner plays in the football league once more next season, come on Wimbledon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Wimbo! Show the cheats - and, next season, the other cheats down at Crawley! - who's boss!

Interesting fact for you: Although only West Brom (my mistake previously :oops:) have held MU at home, the Red Devils have only hit more than 3 at OT twice in the PL, both against clubs who are playing for their PL skins on Sunday (5-0 against Brum; 7-1 against Blackburn). On the other hand, mid-table Newcastle have done it five times: 4-4 against Arsenal, 6-0 against Villa, 5-1 against Sunderland, 5-0 against West Ham and 4-1 against Wolves.

As for West Ham, enjoy the Championship! And don't come back! :D

EM2

Established Member
As for West Ham, enjoy the Championship! And don't come back! :D
Certainly will enjoy it, and don't really care if we never get back into the PL (although the law of averages suggests it'll happen within a few years).
This is the fifth relegation I've been through, and every time it's been fun down there and every time (except one) it's been a great opportunity to rebuild.
The important thing now is to get the right manager, and for what it;s worth, I think that should be Tony Carr.

Ivo

Established Member
All we need now is for MK, having already fluffed the play-offs, to get relegated and for Wimbo to go up again! :D

Zoe

Established Member
All we need now is for MK, having already fluffed the play-offs, to get relegated and for Wimbo to go up again! :D
So you don't want them to play each other then?

Ivo

Established Member
I'd rather they play in the FA Cup (as almost happened a few months ago). And for Wimbo to thrash MK and go on to play in a higher division in the following season after another promotion!

ACE1888

The Celtic Football Club win the Scottish Cup for a record 35th time!
C'Mon The Hoops!

P.S Big 'up' to AFC Wimbledon on clinching promotion to the Football League, a real 'feelgood factor and story

Minilad

Established Member
The Celtic Football Club win the Scottish Cup for a record 35th time!
C'Mon The Hoops!

P.S Big 'up' to AFC Wimbledon on clinching promotion to the Football League, a real 'feelgood factor and story

Ah but you did come 2nd in a two horse race as well !
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
St James Park....what an atmosphere, what a stadium! :D

Best fan's in the world dontcha know lol