• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Established Member
Sheffield Wednesday have signed Dutch midfielder Joey Pelupessy from Heracles Almelo. He looks decent from what I've been able to find on YouTube, and he came across well in his first interview for the club. Hopefully we can now send the frankly terrible Butterfield back to Derby County so Winnall can come back, but I won't hold my breath.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The five matches that Hyde United had need of rescheduling due to cup runs have now been made and Tuesday night matches will soon be a regular feature. I see that Hyde have been drawn at home against FC United of Manchester in the next round of the Manchester Premier Cup, another Tuesday fixture on 13th February.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
No match today for Hyde United as their away match at Ossett Albion was one of games postponed in Evo Stik League Division One. So yet another forthcoming future Tuesday night fixture awaits, in addition to the five already-rearranged ones.

Last edited:

familyguy99

Peterborough 3-0 Oldham

Other defeat on road for Oldham and Latics player Edmundson got sent off in second half while scoreline was 1-0. This defeat for Oldham along with wins for AFC Wimbledon and Northampton drop Oldham into bottom 4 and now two points behind Southend (20th) and Wimbledon (19th) who both have games in hands over Oldham.

SS4

Established Member
Three points in the snow (with the yellow ball) for the Villa. Otherwise the highlight was Grealish shoving the ref out of the way :lol:

Three points for the memory of Cyril Regis

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
1 point adrift of safety. 1 win and 2 draws in 11 games since Tommy Wright took over. We are going down. The one positive sign is that we have games against those around us coming up starting with Chorley at home on Saturday. We have to win some.

That game against mid-table Chorley at home ended in a 2-2 draw, leaving Darlington in 19th place in the National League North. Salford City currently still top of that league, 11 points clear of the team in second place.

Established Member
Well, I don't think a goalless draw against Cardiff City is the worst result in the world considering our current circumstances. Disappointingly though, we wasted two golden opportunities to score, but Adam Reach and Jordan Rhodes both missed.

I think our defence is much better since Luhukay took over, which is great, but I'm still very concerned about our inability to score. We haven't scored in the Championship since Boxing Day, which beyond embarrassing for a team which performed so well in the two previous seasons.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Surely the issue is whether, or not, the players respect Ryan Giggs.

Can you now see a situation arising where the current Welsh team squad would then show a combined solidarity and issue a formal group squad statement on behalf of the players and of the supporters of the Welsh team to say that the appointment of Ryan Giggs was made in error by FAW and neither reflected the feelings of the squad players, the Welsh team supporters.....and even the RailUK pundits?

Iskra

Established Member
Leeds 3 Millwall 4

An absolutely abomination of a first half from Leeds saw us 2 down at halftime and stupidly down to 10 men. We amazingly pulled it back to be winning 3-2 through a determined display but then tired legs caught up with us and Millwall were able to steal the win, but it was a respectable result in the end considering how things looked at half time.

We have some serious problems with injuries and have had a man sent off in each of our last 3 games and we completely lack a striker, so our season is effectively over now.

33500 attended.

12CSVT

Established Member
Strange goings on in the National League Premier yesterday

Solihull Moors (rock bottom for most of the season) 3 Woking 0
AFC Fylde 6 Macclesfield Town (top of the table) 0

And the postponement of Guiseley vs Barrow ?
Call me a cynic but maybe the Guiseley manager Paul Cox was running scared of meeting his former club !

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
And the mk dongs manager left yesterday evening by mutual consent

He would have been fired, no doubt about it. Last straw was ending Ariyibi’s loan for no good reason (he was an excellent find), for him to be loaned out by Forest again to Northampton, fellow relegation strugglers. Bonkers.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
He would have been fired, no doubt about it. Last straw was ending Ariyibi’s loan for no good reason (he was an excellent find), for him to be loaned out by Forest again to Northampton, fellow relegation strugglers. Bonkers.

who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Dongs were certain he was the right man in the summer and made such a play of having persuaded him to come. It doesn't always work out I guess.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
That game against mid-table Chorley at home ended in a 2-2 draw, leaving Darlington in 19th place in the National League North. Salford City currently still top of that league, 11 points clear of the team in second place.

2-2. Led. twice. Chucked it away. Again. Moved up to 4th bottom but the clubs around us all have games in hand. We have Leamington away on Saturday which is a vastly important game. A win is a must.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Some sad news:

BBC said:
Former England football captain Jimmy Armfield has died from cancer at the age of 82, his club Blackpool FC confirmed.

Armfield was capped 43 times by England, 15 of them as captain, and made a club record 627 appearances for the Seasiders.

He later managed Bolton Wanderers and Leeds United, and was a BBC radio commentator for more than 35 years.

I am sure best known to many here as a kindly, knowledgeable, urbane, avuncular & modest summariser on radio 5 for many years from whom it was always a pleasure to hear. The quality of the broadcast will be greatly reduced by his passing. Worth noting that some here may remember him more as a member of the 1966 world cup winning squad, England captain at the 1962 world cup and one club man with Blackpool for whom he made a record 569 appearances. He also managed Leeds to the European Cup Final & Bolton

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
RIP Cyrille Regis.
An icon of Midlands football and a thoroughly decent chap.

I only saw Cyrille Regis play once: For Chester City v Darlington in 95/96 season. We lost once away all season. To Chester 4-1. Regis was the best player on the pitch by a mile. At 37.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I love the new logo for Leeds, very fitting for that club

I’ve just had a look and that is the worst football club crest I have ever seen.

It looks like a cross between a cheap football game logo and something Britain First would come up with.

Who did they consult? Bradford and Huddersfield supporters?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I’ve just had a look and that is the worst football club crest I have ever seen.

It looks like a cross between a cheap football game logo and something Britain First would come up with.

I have just seen it. It is awful but massively funny. Leeds say in their press release they consulted 10000 people connected with Leeds United and THAT is the bets they could do? WOW.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I have just seen it. It is awful but massively funny. Leeds say in their press release they consulted 10000 people connected with Leeds United and THAT is the bets they could do? WOW.

Stupid, stupid. The “people connected with Leeds” probably includes fans of other clubs who’ve got points at Elland Road!

What you do is get a few designs and show them on the big screen before kickoff. Loudest cheer wins.

Puffing Devil

Established Member
It's horrible. At least MCFC had the decency to revert to (almost) an earlier version of the badge.

All just a money-making exercise anyway.

Kite159

Veteran Member

I forgot to add very fitting to that comedy club :lol:

What on earth is that Uefa Nations Cup I heard about on the old wireless earlier today?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Leeds United now say the consultation process on their new badge will be reopened. The best comment i heard on this was one person asking if the 10000 people consulted were all members of the Huddersfield Town supporters club!