• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Kite159

Veteran Member
I've just had a bet with a friend that I'm working with next week.
If Man City draw Barca he buys me a cake.*
If Liverpool draw Tottenham Tottenham I buy him a cake.
If neither of us are right then we both have to buy a packet of decent biscuits for the kitty.

(* I'd love to see that)

Probably will be

Man Utd v Man City
Liverpool V Barcelona
Tottenham v Porto
Jeventus v Ajax

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Probably will be

Man Utd v Man City
Liverpool V Barcelona
Tottenham v Porto
Jeventus v Ajax
If I could choose I'd go:
Man City - Barcelona
Man Utd - Juventus
Liverpool - Porto
Tottenham - Ajax

And a £100 bet placed with a bookies six months ago on all four CL semi finalists being English in this bizarre Brexit laden year. ;)
Unfortunately no such bet was placed.)

Groningen

Established Member
What are the odds that semi finals and finals are all UK teams in CL? I would rank Barcelona highest. Pep was coach of Bayern. I would rank Man United, Tottenham, Porto and Ajax the weakest.

Darandio

Established Member
Big news out of Oldham Athletic is that FA and Football league have given go ahead for Paul Scholes to become new manager at Oldham and probably be confirmed after Crawley match tomorrow afternoon. It be interesting to see how he does at Latics given this be his first management job and I hoping he does good job but half of me feel he be gone at end of season as doesn't go well but hopefully that doesn't happen.

And more big news out of Oldham, Scholes has gone already. From what he has said it seems the responsibilities that were promised were very different to what actually happened once he was there.

richw

Veteran Member
And more big news out of Oldham, Scholes has gone already. From what he has said it seems the responsibilities that were promised were very different to what actually happened once he was there.

Sounds like owner is interfering.

bbc said:
Scholes said in a statement that he had decided to resign with "great regret".

"It unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role," he continued.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Why do I picture Rennes getting a late goal if the Europa League match remains 2-0?

--------

Edit - Ended 3-0 to Arsenal, all 6 English teams into the quarter finals. No doubt the completely random Uefa draw will put Arsenal v Chelsea ;)

Last edited:

JamesT

Established Member
Semi-Final draw:
Tottenham/Man City vs. Ajax/Juventus
Man Utd/Barcelona vs. Liverpool/Porto

fowler9

Established Member
I just hope that leave and cash means I can go to Porto away. I fear one or the other will let me down. The ticket I can get.

After going to Molineux to watch the mighty Wolves last night and celebrating a little too wildly after the game, have to say we totally deserved that victory and, although Manure Nited were poor, credit must be given to our midfield for giving them very little opportunity. Jota and Jiminez are the best forward partnership I have seen in 40 + years of following the old gold and black.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
After going to Molineux to watch the mighty Wolves last night and celebrating a little too wildly after the game, have to say we totally deserved that victory and, although Manure Nited were poor, credit must be given to our midfield for giving them very little opportunity. Jota and Jiminez are the best forward partnership I have seen in 40 + years of following the old gold and black.

I still have a headache. The second half was the best half I’ve seen Wolves play against top opposition, ever.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This season I'm having to find amusement wherever I can... though in all seriousness I'd usually rather the home nations did well.
I’d rather the home nations did well too (even though they probably don’t feel the same in reverse as a general rule).
Did say “Ouch” out loud when that third goal went in.

Butts

Veteran Member
This is embarrassing to put it mildly for any Scotland supporter.

For those of us old enough to remember the days of Dalglish, Souness and Hansen doubly so :oops:

greyman42

Established Member
This is embarrassing to put it mildly for any Scotland supporter.

For those of us old enough to remember the days of Dalglish, Souness and Hansen doubly so :oops:
Hansen never got anywhere near the amount of caps he deserved. For some strange reason the managers preferred Miller or McLeish.

richw

Veteran Member
England 5 Czech Rep 0 in tonight’s qualifier. Raheem Sterling hat trick.

I thought Czech were meant to be a half decent outfit but England made them look like a Scotland

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
England 5 Czech Rep 0 in tonight’s qualifier. Raheem Sterling hat trick.

I thought Czech were meant to be a half decent outfit but England made them look like a Scotland
I think Czechia have faded significantly from the side they had in the 1990s (runners-up in Euro '96), but I'd expected a sterner test than what we saw this evening.

Somewhat ironically they now trail behind their neighbour Slovakia despite inheriting the bulk of the quality players of the former Czechoslovakian national team.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
Cheeky pasty muncher.....but true !!!

When I first relocated to Scotland 21 years ago, I can remember the various campaigns to get the Scotland mens team to get past the first round of a tournament. Nowadays, the problem being is for the mens team to actually qualify for a tournament.

In all fairness, I have noticed that the Scotland ladies team seem to have had more success in qualifying for international tournaments.