• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
South Africa, Japan, and South Korea are scarcely footballing powerhouses (to list examples from the past 20 years)
Japan and South Korea have both won their continental confederations' Cup competition I believe (EDIT: they have, as have South Africa). They've also reached the last eight (EDIT: Japan's best is the round of 16 which they've done 3 times) of a world cup, and in South Korea's case the last four. Hardly worth comparing to a tiny corrupt petro-dictatorship with no naturally occurring grass.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

brad465

Established Member
I guess what makes it bizarre is that it's Qatar: a nation with almost no footballing pedigree other than being the whipping boys of the very first FIFA video game. Hope the Dutch rack up a cricket score against them just to wipe the smile off Infantino's corrupt face.
Given how corrupt the process of them getting it appears to be, I wouldn't mind betting (pardon the pun) that as much of the team's "performance" as possible is fixed.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Yet another loss today confirms relegation for Grantham Town, from the NPL Premier Division.

View attachment 112423
Sorry to hear of this

In the same division, there was a local Tameside derby with Hyde United facing an away fixture at mid-table Ashton United. Yet another good result for Hyde in their post-Gannon period fight against relegation with a 3-0 away win.

Under the new manager in the league, Hyde have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 1.

SteveM70

Established Member
Sorry to hear of this

In the same division, there was a local Tameside derby with Hyde United facing an away fixture at mid-table Ashton United. Yet another good result for Hyde in their post-Gannon period fight against relegation with a 3-0 away win.

Under the new manager in the league, Hyde have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 1.

It’s as if Jim Gannon is an absolute liability! Who’d have thunk it?!?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
It’s as if Jim Gannon is an absolute liability! Who’d have thunk it?!?
I remember him at Stockport in the third tier back in the mid to late 2000s. They were a decent side at that level until they got into financial difficulties and dropped down the leagues. No idea if Gannon was responsible for the collapse but they were a tricky side until we poached Anthony Pilkington from them.

youngiecj

Boston 1 Blyth Spartans 1. Really poor result at home to Blyth, last minute equaliser salvaging a point. Those Pesky North East Teams again!

Drogba11CFC

Larkhall Athletic 0...Winchester City 2 (Feeney 47, Balmer 85)

A resolute performance just when we needed it. And the government can't stop me from going!

3. Cirencester Town P32 65pts
4. Bristol Manor Farm P33 64pts
5. Winchester City P32 61pts
------------------------------------------------------
6. AFC Totton P32 59pts
7. Sholing P31 51pts

EastisECML

Boston 1 Blyth Spartans 1. Really poor result at home to Blyth, last minute equaliser salvaging a point. Those Pesky North East Teams again!
We are awful this season but have this weird ability to sometimes pick up a result away to one of the better sides in-between humiliations.

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Bradford really love playing in the north east having won at Darlington, Blyth and Spennymoor and drawn at table toppers Gateshead. And if you add York then all four away wins have come after trips to or through York station.

Our other 13 away games have produced no wins, 4 draws and 9 defeats.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Bradford really love playing in the north east having won at Darlington, Blyth and Spennymoor and drawn at table toppers Gateshead. And if you add York then all four away wins have come after trips to or through York station.

Our other 13 away games have produced no wins, 4 draws and 9 defeats.
We seem to find PA a struggle!

A good win against Spendy last night - i see that cart horse Curtis was sent off. Kettering beating York also helped us. They have really turned a corner. They were awful when we played them before xmas.

SteveM70

Established Member
Hi, As far as I can see the Aston Villa v Burnley fixture which was postponed from December has yet to be played (or indeed, according to BBC Sport given a date for the match to be played), the reverse fixture is scheduled for May 7th. I'm wondering if this is the latest in the season (heading into April) that a first Premiership meeting of a season between two sides has yet to take place.

The postponed game has been scheduled for 19 May, which is the midweek before the last game of the season, so Burnley and the Villa will play for the first time on 7 May and the pair of games will be two of each club's last four games of the season. Must be a record, surely?

Mike99

The postponed game has been scheduled for 19 May, which is the midweek before the last game of the season, so Burnley and the Villa will play for the first time on 7 May and the pair of games will be two of each club's last four games of the season. Must be a record, surely?
Your quite right, could well be a record. Since my original post I noticed that Everton hadn't played Leicester this season, the Everton v Leicester City match has been rescheduled for Wednesday 20th April and the return fixture is on its scheduled date of 7th May. I'm sure that would have been a record but amazingly, immediately beaten by the Burnley v Aston Villa matches. I notice all the remaining Premiership games have been rescheduled except for the Wolves v Manchester City game. Manchester City seem to not have any available dates up to the end of the season.

youngiecj

We seem to find PA a struggle!

A good win against Spendy last night - i see that cart horse Curtis was sent off. Kettering beating York also helped us. They have really turned a corner. They were awful when we played them before xmas.
Since Paul Cox left and came to Boston. I do worry we chose the wrong manager as Culverhouse has a good track record.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Great day as a spurs and exeter fan!

That was a big result for Exeter City. Things are definitely looking good at the moment.

Re the PL - Would anyone fancy taking a punt on tomorrow’s score between Manchester City and LFC..?

I’d take a draw right now but it’s going to be absolutely fascinating.

That was a big result for Exeter City. Things are definitely looking good at the moment.

Re the PL - Would anyone fancy taking a punt on tomorrow’s score between Manchester City and LFC..?

I’d take a draw right now but it’s going to be absolutely fascinating.
My initial prediction was Liverpool 4-3 but now I'm thinking 2-2 draw

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think City will edge it. 1-0.

That’s my feeling too, although I think it might be 2-1 to City. I think Liverpool will score but it’s going to be a pretty intense atmosphere.