• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dangie

Established Member
Scottish Premiership play-off final...first leg

Raith Rovers 1 ... Ross County 2.
Many years ago when I cycled John O’Groats to Lands End, I went through or past places which I thought until then only existed on the Football Pools. Looking at the Scottish League Tables it’s not much different now :)

From the BBC:
Wayne Rooney is set to have talks with Championship side Plymouth Argyle about their vacant head coach role.
Oh well, that’s one club Stoke won’t have to worry about next season.

Last edited:

Howardh

Established Member
Breaking news; after the summer international friendlies v Wales and Scotland @ Faro; Gibraltar will be returning home to play San Marino and Liechtenstein (Nations' League) at Europa Point, currently an astro for rugby and cricket. They then hope to play their World Cup Qualifiers there later on, while the Victoria Stadium is being redeveloped.

Europa Point was the first ear-marked site for the national stadium, but that was quickly cancelled. As for yours truly, I'd go and watch one of them but they clash with pre-arranged holidays; so I'll keep my holiday calendar free for the WCQ's (note to self!).

Haywain

Veteran Member
Wayne Rooney has been appointed manager of Plymouth Argyle. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

DannyMich2018

Well done to Man U for winning the FA Cup after beating Man City 2-1!! I'm a Leicester fan btw but nice for a change for Man City not to win everything.

SteveM70

Established Member
Celtic 1-0 Rangers

A poor game won with a goal from a goalkeeping error

Just the 12 yellow cards

JD2168

Well done to Man U for winning the FA Cup after beating Man City 2-1!! I'm a Leicester fan btw but nice for a change for Man City not to win everything.

Agreed it makes a change for Man City not to win something.

The result also affects the European tournament teams next season as Manchester United now go into the Europa League, Chelsea now go into the Europa Conference League & Newcastle having no European competition next season.

SteveM70

Established Member
I certainly don’t want Man City to win everything, but saying well done to Man U is taking things a bit too far :)

As the partner of a Sunderland season ticket holder, I know there were plenty of people in the north east pleased that City lost yesterday

1D54

As the partner of a Sunderland season ticket holder, I know there were plenty of people in the north east pleased that City lost yesterday
Why have 'plenty of people' in the north east got a problem with City?

Harvester

Established Member
The result also affects the European tournament teams next season as Manchester United now go into the Europa League, Chelsea now go into the Europa Conference League & Newcastle having no European competition next season.
So the FA cup winners get a Europa League place, while sixth place in the Premier League only secures a place in the Europa Conference!

Harvester

Established Member
If the Premier League finally investigate the 115 FFP charges against City, and some are proven with points deducted, then the Cup competitions will be their only chance of silverware next season.

JD2168

Vincent Kompany has been appointed the new Bayern Munich manager.

Hansi Flick has been appointed the new Barcelona manager.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Meanwhile, Enzo Maresco is in talks with Chelsea and looks likely to go there from Leicester.

Ivor

Originally Balham & now The West Sussex Coastway
Meanwhile, Enzo Maresco is in talks with Chelsea and looks likely to go there from Leicester.
About time the club made an announcement as the media has been stating it’s done & dusted for days, length of contract etc

For decades it’s been a bit of a soap opera at Chelsea since Ken Bates on & off but under the new ownership it’s a pantomime.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Latest rumour I've heard on the managerial merry-go-round is Carlos Corberan to Leicester City.

Having been robbed of the chance to manage in the Premier League in 2022, and not being averse to jumping ship following a play-off defeat, I would imagine if an approach is made he'll jump at the chance. Not sure how well he'd do at LCFC given the possibility of an FFP punishment... and at Huddersfield it took him a good while for his methods to bear fruit. He is undeniably a talented coach and he managed to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear at the JSS. He even finished a season with a positive goal difference, the only Town manager to do so since Simon Grayson (with help from Lee Clark) in 2012.

At least West Brom will get some compensation, unlike Huddersfield!