• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers 2022 - (01/11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kbendle

Anyone had opc assessment day in Watford? I have mine coming up and was wondering if the building is easy enough to find as I can’t see it on street view

Numbskull100

Anyone had opc assessment day in Watford? I have mine coming up and was wondering if the building is easy enough to find as I can’t see it on street view
I have the same question! I am sure it is easy to find, but I agree that Street View does not suggest so.

Eebbs1912

its across the road and maybe50-100m back towards the town from the travelodge. There's a side street you'll see on streetview, it's down there on the right and up some stairs. Very easy to find once you are there.

Edit - on streetview it shows up as wellstones house and is just a doorway for the stairs to the upper level.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Finally had a response from Freightliner (well OPC) with the M7SJT/VSE testing link.

I had given up on this, funny how it came through the day after my TOC advertised for internal trainees!

sargentsiri

I've just had the OPC test email through for Eastleigh depot after being held in the talent pool. I am going to get practicing and cross my fingers!!

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
I've just had the OPC test email through for Eastleigh depot after being held in the talent pool. I am going to get practicing and cross my fingers!!
Funnily enough, my email say for Crewe and Eastleigh so must be just those 2 depots. I haven't even received a response from OPC until now so didn't even think I'd got into the talent pool stage!

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Is WAFV the test with the pictures that pop up for like a second then you have to pick things out that you saw
No it's the grey square test where you hit the button when it changes colour. Vigilance test.

Shunted

I’m thinking of ATAVT, I had my opc assessment day today and unfortunately failed on that part
The only advice I’d give to anyone taking that test is don’t guess!
I found it the hardest test of the lot but only selected what I definitely saw and passed

Haru

I don’t think you can consciously remember what is in the pic, you just have trust yourself and go for it.

Anyhow, I’ve passed WAFV and done my MMI this week so just waiting game now.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
The only advice I’d give to anyone taking that test is don’t guess!
I found it the hardest test of the lot but only selected what I definitely saw and passed
Absolutely! Seen and spoken to a few that tried to guess or used logic, none of them passed. Better to put what you definitely know is there. This is the test you really need to practice for I'd say.

TonyG83

Hi
I have just received a conditional job offer for heavy haul at the Tilbury depot for an April start
Congratulations Terry.

I got a conditional job offer yesterday for heavy haul at Sandiacre, with a course starting potentially in May. Got a medical booked in London on 18th too.

Good luck and fingers crossed for us both on these final hurdles.

Terry844

Hi

Congratulations Terry.

I got a conditional job offer yesterday for heavy haul at Sandiacre, with a course starting potentially in May. Got a medical booked in London on 18th too.

Good luck and fingers crossed for us both on these final hurdles.
Great news.

Well done

sargentsiri

Just completed my OPC tests. The M7SJT is ok. However, the VSE part three was absolutely Solid!!

If I pass, I'm now dreading how hard the rest of the tests are going to be!!

Terry844

Just completed my OPC tests. The M7SJT is ok. However, the VSE part three was absolutely Solid!!

If I pass, I'm now dreading how hard the rest of the tests are going to be!!
I think the VSE was the hardest test overall, I didn’t think the OPC tests was as bad as that when I did them

Naffy93

I did mine last night, absolutely brutal, I’ll be surprised if I past, first time having a shot at them. At least I know what to except for next time.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
I may have only scraped through the vse, didn't find it too bad once I'd noticed the 2nd dot appear but it didn't register some clicks despite hitting the button a few times so I know I made some errors.
I'm just glad I have my WMR application in just in case

Haru

When I did my VSE I made the track my top priority and missed or made plenty of mistakes on the symbols part.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
When I did my VSE I made the track my top priority and missed or made plenty of mistakes on the symbols part.
Yeah the track was the priority, wonder how high the pass mark is.

Numbskull100

Just had psychometric tests, waiting on MMI. OPC staff were great, but I'm shattered to say the least. Think I fluffed question 6 on MMI.

Day was brutal, 8 of us I initially, down to 4 for computer tests and 3 for MMI.

It certainly was an experience like no other.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Just had psychometric tests, waiting on MMI. OPC staff were great, but I'm shattered to say the least. Think I fluffed question 6 on MMI.

Day was brutal, 8 of us I initially, down to 4 for computer tests and 3 for MMI.

It certainly was an experience like no other.
Yeah the MMI in particular can seem quite hard. I felt exhausted afterwards and felt I didnt know whether I'd done well or not but I'm sure you did fine

Status
Not open for further replies.