• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers 2022 - (01/11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Quick question.

How long on average does it take to complete your training with Freightliner including signing off on your route and complete if 250 hours?

Many thanks in advance!

Terry844

Quick question.

How long on average does it take to complete your training with Freightliner including signing off on your route and complete if 250 hours?

Many thanks in advance!
I asked that and they said it’s 12+ months, it depends on how quickly you build up your 250 hours driving

Haru

Congratulations @Terry844

I have my OPC next week and they confirmed I only have DFFT, WAFV and MMI so hopefully it keeps me relaxed.

NorthernTech

Congratulations @Terry844

I have my OPC next week and they confirmed I only have DFFT, WAFV and MMI so hopefully it keeps me relaxed.
Have you previously either failed or not got as far as an MMI? Just wondering why they want an MMI unless they have an enhanced score for that too.

Thanks Terry/Numbskull. So the only rule of thumb is 12+ months. Sounds a bit open ended. Hopefully with Covid rules being relaxed, training shouldn’t suffer any disruption!

Terry844

Thanks Terry/Numbskull. So the only rule of thumb is 12+ months. Sounds a bit open ended. Hopefully with Covid rules being relaxed, training shouldn’t suffer any disruption!
I was also told IM normally get their hours completed quicker than HH just because of the nature of the different jobs

martin2345uk

Established Member
I was also told IM normally get their hours completed quicker than HH just because of the nature of the different jobs
IM also go onto full pay at a certain point regardless of whether they've done their hours or not.

Haru

Good luck to everyone doing their assessments this week!

Remember to use the practice time and make sure to ask questions!

Rollwithit22

i just Failed the DFFT due to a silly self error. a bit gutted tbf as I know I could have passed but I rushed and made an error.
passed all the previous paper tests to enhanced standards tho. Better luck next time hey...
Best of luck to everyone still on the track

Last edited:

Numbskull100

i just Failed the DFFT due to a silly self error. a bit gutted tbf as I know I could have passed but I rushed and made an error.
passed all the previous paper tests to enhanced standards tho. Better luck next time hey...
Best of luck to everyone still on the track
Sorry to hear that. Always another go though and you'll not have to re do the others which is a bonus.

What went wrong with the DFFT?

Haru

Sorry to hear that @Rollwithit22, at least you won’t make that mistake again and you should take pride in that you got this far and you still have both lives.

Did you manage to do all the paper tests before the DFFT?

Rollwithit22

Yes got enhanced pass scoring on all the paper test. The DFFT was the final one before the computer test stage.
I still have both lives? Is that still the case? I thought I would have lost one?
Sorry to hear that @Rollwithit22, at least you won’t make that mistake again and you should take pride in that you got this far and you still have both lives.

Did you manage to do all the paper tests before the DFFT?

Sorry to hear that. Always another go though and you'll not have to re do the others which is a bonus.

I didn't tick the check boxes as I went along. Realised when there was about a minute left and had to go back and try remember what was what and tick them off. ‍♂️‍♂️
That's what happens when you rush I guess there was so many questions and so little time the rushing back fired on me.

Numbskull100

Yes got enhanced pass scoring on all the paper test. The DFFT was the final one before the computer test stage.
I still have both lives? Is that still the case? I thought I would have lost one?

I didn't tick the check boxes as I went along. Realised when there was about a minute left and had to go back and try remember what was what and tick them off. ‍♂️‍♂️
That's what happens when you rush I guess there was so many questions and so little time the rushing back fired on me.
That's such a shame, but at least you know how to rectify it next time.

Haru

You will have both lives for companies that uses national standards since you obviously passed national standards, I am not sure for the DFFT but at least you have the results under your belt and you can definitely pass DFFT next time.

I failed my WAFV for stupid reasons last time so this time I know not to make the mistake again.

How did you find the DFFT apart from that? I have never done it before but hopefully since it follows logic I should be fine.

Rollwithit22

You will have both lives for companies that uses national standards since you obviously passed national standards, I am not sure for the DFFT but at least you have the results under your belt and you can definitely pass DFFT next time.

I failed my WAFV for stupid reasons last time so this time I know not to make the mistake again.

How did you find the DFFT apart from that? I have never done it before but hopefully since it follows logic I should be fine.
It alot of moving from here to there finding the information.. Just focus, consentrate and don't rush is my advice. Oh and make sure u read everything. It wasn't nice to do.

Dieseldriver

Do you get a train travel discount as a Freightliner employee? Any agreements with TOCs?
None whatsoever unless you are an ex BR employee.
You get a freight duty pass for travel whilst on duty as part of your diagrammed work but that’s it.

Terry844

It alot of moving from here to there finding the information.. Just focus, consentrate and don't rush is my advice. Oh and make sure u read everything. It wasn't nice to do.
That’s the point of the tests they are there to check your concentration, speed and accuracy, suitability of learning and if your able to understand and follow instructions while under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.