• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Drivers 2022 - (01/11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotsman101

Do the online tests have any bearing on psychometric results? Having passed these already I wouldn't want to jeopardize anything if unsuccessful in the online tests

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eebbs1912

Large percentage of freight work is nights.

Unless somebody can shed some light on Mossend depot to say otherwise.

Don't be detured tho.
yes mate i know. I'm more on about being away for up to 3 weeks at a time doing constant nights.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
Have applications for these trainee driver positions closed now, (I'm 58 minutes from Crewe)?

4F89

Have applications for these trainee driver positions closed now, (I'm 58 minutes from Crewe)?
Go and look on the website, thats the only thing that will tell you. If you can't apply any longer, then you've missed out. If you can, then hurry up and get it done.

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
Go and look on the website, thats the only thing that will tell you. If you can't apply any longer, then you've missed out. If you can, then hurry up and get it done.

The Freightliner website is still active (with the application reference to use), but the link through to the OPC site just takes you to a generic page.

sargentsiri

I applied this morning, looks like I got it done just in time. I haven't been invited for any online tests yet however.

Also, I found the application tough, the questions regarding the business took some researching & also the SJT question/ answers were difficult to prioritise!

bcfc171081

I applied this morning, looks like I got it done just in time. I haven't been invited for any online tests yet however.

Also, I found the application tough, the questions regarding the business took some researching & also the SJT question/ answers were difficult to prioritise!
Yeah I found that like a couple of them 3 of the options were blatantly wrong so I just trained to put in what I thought correct order of wrong was haha

YingYing

Yeah I found that like a couple of them 3 of the options were blatantly wrong so I just trained to put in what I thought correct order of wrong was haha
That was my strategy. With the options i felt were blatantly wrong, put them in order of the potential damage they'd cause.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Managed to get my application in before it disappeared then!

Interested to see how my application goes seeing as I've got all the testing done with another TOC also with OPC. Hopefully won't need to do any further testing

sargentsiri

Haha superb! A few through me though, like the pregnant woman one, like do I follow rules or my morale obligations?!??

Mr Oli

yes i applied for Bristol its 10 minute drive for me would be ideal, ive been stuck in talent pools for other tocs for to long.
I've also applied for Bristol. Also been in another talent pool for a long time.

Haven't been able to find out much about the Freightliner Bristol operation - Assuming it's HH rather than IM?

sneaky_1982

thanks for the heads up, applied for ipswich but also live with in an hour of tilbury so see what happens

ChooChoo31

This is fantastic, thank you for posting!

Eastleigh depot is literally an 8 minute drive from my house which would be perfect!

Would I be right in assuming they class IM work as container work, thus, most if not all of the work out of Eastleigh?
Eastleigh have both IM and HH contracts

Dilksy2396

I applied on Tuesday and completed the questionnaire. I was told I would hear something in 20 days. I've read on here others have already received links to tests. Does that mean I haven't passed the questionnaire?

Thanks all!

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
I don't think it works like that, there will have been a lot of applications so I'd expect it to take until Monday/Tuesday to get back to people.

I think OPC took about a week to give me my testing results (only 6 people that day) so don't see why this would be any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.