• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

funny annoucements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordy

Established Member
yorkie said:
185 TPE auto announcements are weird, too many to mention, although it's the way they're said more than the wording... (e.g. "...please contact THE CONDUCTOR!")

Theres also one which says 'First Transpennine Express, would like to apologises for the delay to your journey' :lol:

Jordy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

There was an automatic announcement at Warrington where it says: Welcome to Warrington Bank Quay, the next train to arrive on platform 2 is the 14:-- service to PENZANCE!!

There was also an announcement at Doncaste a few weeks back when they said 'Would passengers on platform 3b please stand clear of the platform edge, a freight train is approaching' and it turned out to be resident 'gronk' 08993 trundling light engine into 3b, stopping, and then heading of down platform 3a, not doing anymore than 15mph :lol:

class 313

Established Member
This was at watford

"The train on platform 9 is the 1237 silverlink metro serivce to euston calling at bushy, harrow and wealdstone and london euston"

Evryone laughed

bunnahabhain

Established Member
class 313 said:
"The train on platform 9 is the 1237 silverlink metro serivce to euston calling at bushy, harrow and wealdstone and london euston"

Evryone laughed
I dont get it. :s

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
class 313 said:
Nooo thats not the point... it was a silverlink county serivce anounced as a metro

I wouldnt say that was overly funny myself

Ascot

Established Member
:s sorry i don't get that. i heard a Birmingham to Hereford called City Link but the C was a sh sort of sound before but i dunu.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Manchester Piccadilly - "The next train to arrive on platform 4 will be the 12:24 Central CITYLINK service to Liverpool Lime Street"
(It was the way it was said that made it funny)

On the train to Buxton - "This is the XX:XX to....BUXTON!!!...calling at Stockport and then all stops to...BUXTON!!!"
(He was so enthusiastic! It was the driver's last day too, so he told us all to say good luck to him!)

I was sat at Stockport station and someone played Orson - No Tomorrow really loudly on the announcement thing. Everyone at the station burst into laughter

devon_metro

Established Member
The Wessex 150 ones are amusing.

"Welcome aboard. Please listen to the following safety announcements for your safety..."

More like: 'Don't listen to this announcement for your sanity' ;) At most station on a local train it's pretty annoying!

Gizmogle

Established Member
Just rememered a couple that I found hilarious...

On a Pendolino to Euston.
The guy was foreign, he didn't mean to say these weird things...

"The safety posters can be found in Central Canada"
"First class can be found in cabbages X to X"

There were more, but I don't remember them now

Gizmogle

Established Member
yeah...
it probably wasnt the man.
I was probably just delerious from the smell!

Guinness

Established Member
Manchester Piccadilly - "The next train to arrive on platform 4 will be the 12:24 Central CITYLINK service to Liverpool Lime Street"
(It was the way it was said that made it funny)

On the train to Buxton - "This is the XX:XX to....BUXTON!!!...calling at Stockport and then all stops to...BUXTON!!!"
(He was so enthusiastic! It was the driver's last day too, so he told us all to say good luck to him!)

I was sat at Stockport station and someone played Orson - No Tomorrow really loudly on the announcement thing. Everyone at the station burst into laughter

I was sat at Macclesfield one day and one of the announcers is quite an ethusastic bloke and always says..

"Next Train to arrive Platform 1 is the xx:xx Virgin PENDO-LINO service to Stockport AND Manchester PICC-A-DILLY."

When Voyagers run to Victoria it's VIC-TOR-RIA NOT PICC-A-DILLY.

Sometimes the PA button plays up and you just background noise such as "Has 1V34 Failed yet?!".

Status
Not open for further replies.