• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GBRf Rail Tour 2021: This time it's personal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43 302

Established Member
Are you on the train?

you said above you heard it had problems at Honeybourne (which it did)

69002 is not powering from what we can glean on the train
Yes I am on board. Both are definitely powering again out from Honeybourne.

Peter C

Established Member
Saw the pair of Class 69s at Charlbury on the final leg.
IMG_2088.jpg
(I hope it's alright to post this)
Thanks to people on here for sharing the info about one of the engines having issues at Honeybourne - that explains why it was a bit later through Charlbury than planned! Good work GBRf - even just seeing this one bit was good fun.

-Peter

sftfan1909

Bailed off the tour now because a friend has gone ill but was a very good tour despite the (large) hiccups throughout. Hope everyone else gets home safely & those ill recover

LRV3004

For the umpteenth time it is going to Paddington!
Thanks for the polite reply - I was merely answering the question asked by our fellow forum member! Whether it was Paddington or Euston made no difference to me as I bailed at New Street!

philwall

Any know which coach the norovirus was in, just curious as we bailed out on Friday night at Clapham

Fincra5

Established Member
Any know which coach the norovirus was in, just curious as we bailed out on Friday night at Clapham
Who knows. It was a handful of people it seems... couple of Buffet stewards seemed to get it too.

peteb

Tour has arrived at PADDINGTON according to real time trains... .let's hope all affected by illness are soon on the mend. It would be interesting to read trip reports in due course including the highlights (performance of locos hauling, links to videos posted on internet etc).

TheHSRailFan

Day 1 was quite intresting running around London to see it.
Pretty good with just seeing it at Kensington Olympia before its run-up north on Day 2/N.
Day 4 tonight was pretty awesome, Had a look in the 3 standard class carriages and there seemed to be a patch of some sorts that I saw in Coach G. Other than that, everything didn't go to plan with leaving Paddington so we had a bit of a wait waiting for the 69s to leave. Which was was annoying for the sleeper service.

I'm KOed and will be editing this all tomorrow as well as uploading photos.

43 302

Established Member
Just an update that no one wants to hear, after feeling fine when I got home 5 hours, I have now woken up and thrown up for the first time (non-alcohol induced) since I was a boy! I was in coach J.

Edit: to be fair, I should point out that during the break at New Street I went and got my second covid Pfrizer jab. Thought I was just managing my time efficiently!

Last edited:

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just an update that no one wants to hear, after feeling fine when I got home 5 hours, I have now woken up and thrown up for the first time (non-alcohol induced) since I was a boy! I was in coach J.

Edit: to be fair, I should point out that during the break at New Street I went and got my second covid Pfrizer jab. Thought I was just managing my time efficiently!
I've was in coach J overnight and then coach F for the next two days. I was fine on board but I too have been sick early this morning.

The tour itself was a good trip. I particularly enjoyed the 37s to Oban and being pulled at 100mph by a blunt end 91 was interesting.

LRV3004

I’m still on pins wondering whether I’m going to come down with it or not (I was in Coach H)! Well done on getting your second jab during the break at New Street; that’s pretty impressive! Certainly trumps the time I got to Sellafield early to work 6K73 and passed the time by going into Egremont to get my hair cut!!!

On Moderation
I've was in coach J overnight and then coach F for the next two days. I was fine on board but I too have been sick early this morning.
Norovirus has an incubation period of around 10 to 48 hours. Sounds like you’re at the longer end of that time period.

DanNCL

Established Member
Unfortunately I am now ill too. I was onboard the train on Saturday, went straight home from Carlisle feeling fine and felt fine at home yesterday, however I've woken up feeling ill this morning and have thrown up. I was in coach F.

I had mistakenly thought yesterday evening that as I'd been off the train for 24 hours and not yet felt sick that I'd be lucky, turns out I was wrong!

I wish everyone else who's been unwell on or after this tour a speedy recovery.

Andy Orchard

Thanks for the polite reply - I was merely answering the question asked by our fellow forum member! Whether it was Paddington or Euston made no difference to me as I bailed at New Street!
Apologies LRV3004, it wasn't aimed at you personally, but generally! I apologise if it came out that way, there was absolutely no malice intended!

Andy

I hope that the unfortunate events on this Tour does not begin to have repurcussions i.e Tours in the immeadiate future being canned by either the Operators or Promotors for the fear of a similar Outbreak on board. Lets hope theres another Outbreak, this time of people using their COMMON SENSE and seeing that these events were a one off that could have affected any Tour at any time past present or future. It just so happens to have taken place on one of the more high profile Railtours by pure bad luck
And I'll say it loud and clear right now: THIS WAS A NORAVIRUS OUTBREAK NOT A COVID 19 OUTBREAK Just for anyone who wants to go down that avenue
BTW I wasn't on the Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.