• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Google continue to take over the web

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
It is quite impressive. Not sure I like the theme though.

Gizmogle

Established Member
I'm sure they'll have plenty of skins and themes for it soon. I'm quite liking it though.

Jordy

Established Member
Yeh i've been using it for a day or so, it loads much faster than Firefox and I like the theme personally!

Try downloading something, looks pretty good ;)

Gizmogle

Established Member
Yeah. It is alot faster than FF, which is quite impressive.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Don't want pages that you visit to show up in your web history? Choose incognito mode for private browsing.

SCORE!

Jordy

Established Member
Going incognito doesn't affect the behaviour of other people, servers or software. Be wary of:
Websites that collect or share information about you
Internet service providers or employers that track the pages that you visit
Malicious software that tracks your keystrokes in exchange for free smileys
Surveillance by secret agents
People standing behind you

:lol:

Meld

Has anybody read the EULA -
11. Content licence from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights that you already hold in Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content, you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

As well as a little follow up reading http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/03/google_chrome_eula_sucks/

Not going on any PC's here till I see a better EULA ;)

Gizmogle

Established Member
So basically, they can steal anything that we upload to Fotopic for example?

will1337

I fail to see any reason to use it above FF3. It hasn't developed to get all the plugins that FF has, uses more RAM, it's rather similar (the bookmark dialogue box is IDENTICAL) and there's all the iffy concerns about it being Google and stealing your soul and genitals etc. Speed seems about the same as well.

Craig

Established Member
I've not tried it yet, but I've read that is has a task manager and each tab runs as its own process which sounds like it could be a good idea in principle.

However, there's no Mac version as yet so I'll be sticking with Firefox.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The article has now been updated and Google have removed the offending paragraph from their EULA.

will1337

I've not tried it yet, but I've read that is has a task manager and each tab runs as its own process which sounds like it could be a good idea in principle.

If the whole thing does go down though, it's a pain ending each process if there's 50+ tabs open.

Andy

I looked at it when i first saw the link the other day, and thought i would pass on it.

Downloaded it today, after i got bored at work and thought it would be interesting to see what it is like. I love it and will not be going back to firefox :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry if it doesn't make much sence very tired!

Guinness

Established Member
Looks and has similar features to Firefox and hence why I can't be bothered to download another Web Browser. Be better if Google and Firefox went in open arms with each to create an ultimate browser that better challenge IE.

me123

Established Member
I have IE8 (I think...) and it works really well on Vista. Until now, though, I always went FF. That "Chrome" does look interesting though... might give it a little spin at some point...

Andy

This maybe a stupid question, but where do you access your favourites/bookmarks??? Ive found where you can add them but no where to access them.

Someone please help, it seems i can handle £1000 adobe software but a web browser is too much :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.