• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Theft Auto V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

familyguy99

Im on Xbox Trentside and I'll be happy to run a crew with you.

I'm happy to join crew for GTAV online for this thread. :)

Is anyone else on PS3 having trouble with GTA Online?

I was having problem for GTAV online on XBOX last night but I think Rockstar have said they going to be teething problem for couple of days given having many Copley there have sold for GTAV worldwide.

I see SKY news are taking about GTAV online problem too.

http://news.sky.com/story/1148642/gta-v-online-launch-problems-rockstar-sorry

alex17595

Sadly, I'm on Xbox 360.

Just spent an hour or so messing around in GTA Online. Didn't do a lot of activities, just some free roam, and a couple of 'Gang Eliminations'. Due to the scale to the world, I didn't have a huge amount of interaction with other players - but most seemed to be doing the same as me, so there were a few gunfights and multi-player police chases going on. :)

I won a bike race by 0.002 after someone shot me off it! I like doing the mission repo-ing cars with other players.

Dunc108

Anyone gone off Ocean exploring for treasure? loads of plane, boat wrecks, theres dingys down at the docks that equip you with diving gear when you exit them so you can treasure hunt under the sea without running out of air! :D Oh, I found the mysterious 'lost' UFO! but then got mauled by a shark on my way back! :lol: You don't need the submersible to dive deep, the diving gear allows you to do this. :D Having great fun exploring myself & the level of detail is awesome.

Anyone gone off Ocean exploring for treasure? loads of plane, boat wrecks, theres dingys down at the docks that equip you with diving gear when you exit them so you can treasure hunt under the sea without running out of air! :D Oh, I found the mysterious 'lost' UFO! but then got mauled by a shark on my way back! :lol: You don't need the submersible to dive deep, the diving gear allows you to do this. :D Having great fun exploring myself & the level of detail is awesome.

Use the 5 minute invincibility cheat next time ;)

westcoaster

Established Member
Did a mission last night that involves driving a train , iirc the mission is called derailed.
you need to get on the roof of the loco, climb down and enter the cab, disperse of the driver then drive it, will try if it works out of missions later.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Sorry to spoil the fun but no, sadly the train isn't driveable after this mission. I tried sniping the driver, jumping on the train and killing him and even tried just getting on without killing him but either way the train just keeps on going.

Dunc108

Sorry to spoil the fun but no, sadly the train isn't driveable after this mission. I tried sniping the driver, jumping on the train and killing him and even tried just getting on without killing him but either way the train just keeps on going.

That's a shame, you could drive them in the original San Andreas, even causing a derailment if you went too fast! I think you can climb onto them in this but that's as good as it gets!

I'm loving this alot better than the last game, and the Countryside & Ocean is a real thrill away from the bustle of the City which is something I missed in GTA IV. I love experimenting seeing if I can get a truck or bus to the top of Mt Chiliad without falling off! :lol:

Anyone find a way into the secret Military Base? :D

ModernRailways

Established Member
Anyone find a way into the secret Military Base? :D

There is a hill next to the entrance take that, get some speed and ramp off the edge over the fence.

Or go through the front, then sprint and climb the ladder to the top of the large warehouse and pick them all of.

Or fly a helicopter in.

westcoaster

Established Member
There is a hill next to the entrance take that, get some speed and ramp off the edge over the fence.

Or go through the front, then sprint and climb the ladder to the top of the large warehouse and pick them all of.

Or fly a helicopter in.

Just drive in, that's what I've been doing. Even managed to acquire a fighter jet this way<D

deltic1989

Established Member
I parachuted straight into the hanger and took off with the jet that way.
I got away with the C-130 as well although I landed I only had one engine.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I parachuted straight into the hanger and took off with the jet that way.
I got away with the C-130 as well although I landed I only had one engine.

That's how I do it too - there's also one parked out close to the runway if you end up landing a bit short of the hanger.

I've not managed to get the C-130 out yet, as I'd annoyed them enough to get the Tanks out.

carriageline

Established Member

westcoaster

Established Member
How comes you "only" have 17m? I have 27 on all my characters, think I got around 26.5-27m on each char on that final heist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

No idea I'm afraid that's what they all got iirc 16.7 million each, did read that one update made the rewards less. Before the final heist they only had 700k a piece.

Liam

Established Member
Do the Lester assasination missions last, I think there are 2 you need to do in order to move the story on, the rest can be left till the end. Invest all your cash from all characters as Lester says. Basically start the mission, get on the markets on your phone, do the mission, wait a couple of days, sell. Loadsamoney!!:lol::lol:

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Earlier on in this thread, I mentioned that I was thinking of creating a crew for GTA Online - but due to various time constraints I hadn't got round to it. If anyone does still fancy joining me in this then I've set one up here. It's by invite only as I'm not a big fan of playing with unknown people :)

At the moment I'm mainly using it to mess around and get used on Online, but would be good to have some other folks to play with. I'm still getting used to how the crews work, I'm on Xbox 360 so if anyone is likewise feel free to request an invite (and PM me on here so I know it's you!).

I completed the game (storyline missions) again, this time leaving the Lester assassination missions until last.

I managed to get over 1 billion for each character. It certainly made buying the golf club and the cinema's much easier

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Grew bored of GTA5 very quickly after I finished it. I still think by quite a way in a fair few aspects Red Dead Redemption is better.

I would say it lacks the depth of San Andreas to be honest.

The storyline missions and the gameplay is excellent however

Geezertronic

Established Member
Does anyone know if the will release additional story packs for GTA V like they did with GTA IV? Like others, I think V lacked the depth of IV which is a shame as I like the multi-character play

Lester missions are great for making money, just a shame that they have to be done last to take full advantage of the amount of money they make. It's a bit pointless buying the golf course and cinema after the main storyline has finished if you ask me

Does anyone know if the will release additional story packs for GTA V like they did with GTA IV? Like others, I think V lacked the depth of IV which is a shame as I like the multi-character play

Lester missions are great for making money, just a shame that they have to be done last to take full advantage of the amount of money they make. It's a bit pointless buying the golf course and cinema after the main storyline has finished if you ask me

I really hope so. GTA IV had Lost and Damned and the Ballad of Gay Tony so hopefully they'll do similar for V.

The map is vast so if they set the story pack several years earlier they could tweak certain areas like they did for Liberty City Stories.

A cool idea would be to have a new story based on Trevor and Michael's previous exploits with Brad. Leading up to, but not including, the Heist in Ludendorff where Brad was killed. Including that would give away the game ending.

Strathclyder

Established Member
I'm bumping this, but with good reason:
[youtube]?v=3DBrG2YjqQA[/youtube]
Needless to say, it looks stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.