• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Rolling Stock Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl90001

82152 returning to Norwich today, 57002 leading with 37405 also on the move, believe 37405 is to do a Norwich to Ilford move later with x3 GA MK3s (19:45 from Norwich??)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LA50041

Established Member
believe 170203 and 170271 are currently out of traffic at the moment? 203 ran into problems at Woodbridge on Saturday and 271 had problems at Ely?

203 is bck in traffic today on Norwich-cambridge services

387star

On Moderation
Again the New trains look fantastic just watched the railway gazette video on YouTube

Look better than the 700 interiors for sure

F Great Eastern

Established Member
How they look in promotional videos from hand picked angles and from hand picked positions need not be representative of what they are like in reality, though, so the proof is in the pudding so lets wait and see what happens in reality.

Wivenswold

Established Member
I think the 3D "VR" version on the GA site is pretty much the finished interior design. GA have been making a thing about their new trains not having "ironing board seats". So I think we'll be fine.

Still no sign of the new timetable consultation that seems to have fallen off GAs timeline. For those who didn't make a note of it, "Timetable Consultation - Spring 2018". No doubt the loss of Manningtree Depot has thrown a huge spanner in the works. GA must also be nervously monitoring the software issues on the 710s but other than some early looks at the new stock there's been very little news from GA of late.

Class 170101

Established Member
There is nothing in the Sectional Appndx about any restrictions either

I wouldn't have thought short term issues like Stowmarket feeder station being out of Use would appear in the Sectional Appendix. However the 'short term' issue has been on going now for several months.

LAX54

Established Member
Must have been a one off for that day, or someone made a mistake, as there have been moves to Stow / Norwich every day since :) (and before)

Wivenswold

Established Member
Fleet Update:

170272 – Refurbished - Returned to Norwich Crown Point 14/6/18
170273 – Norwich Crown Point to Crewe 14/6/18 – Last in Anglia livery.

nxea321446

321317 arrived back at Ilford this afternoon on 5L50 from Doncaster. There’s a 5E23 which was due to leave Ilford at 8PM but is still yet to leave so unsure wether this will run as it’s not due into Doncaster until 00:10 so quite a late one.

dk1

Veteran Member
170271 back in service but currently non-multi at both ends.

Like so many units at the moment. It's quite regular now for the 04:40 cars to Lowestoft to run seperatley & yesterday so did the 05:10 Sheringham meaning the 05:53 Cromer to Norwich started at Walsham.

Alfie1014

Fleet Update:

170272 – Refurbished - Returned to Norwich Crown Point 14/6/18
170273 – Norwich Crown Point to Crewe 14/6/18 – Last in Anglia livery.

Yep saw 272 at the south end of Crewe at about 14:00 today waiting to head back.

dk1

Veteran Member
Why are so many units non multi?

Are they being fixed?

Eventually yes. It's got to the point (excuse the pun) where when leaving them at night, drivers are asked which way round they are to help with the morning set up.

cl90001

90002 has received damage following the OHLs coming down on Sunday and was hauled back to Norwich yesterday by 37407. 90012 has been on test at Crewe today so should return to Norwich soon? 90015 also carried out a test run from Crown Point to Diss and return on 17/06/18.

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Recently I was on a train with two quiet coaches as well, which was a bit weird for me as I realised the coach I was on, whilst being labelled internally and externally as a quiet coach, actually wasn't a quiet coach and the next one along was and there were two coaches with the same letter!

Only really clicked with me when I saw a few people head towards the loco/DVT and wondered where the hell they were going.

Journeyman

Established Member
Sorry, excuse either my ignorance or if I've missed a post but what does non-multi mean? Don't couple to another unit?

Yes, the multiple working equipment is non-functional at one or both ends. There will usually be a sign in the cab window to indicate if this is the case - that cab cannot couple to another.

cl90001

Alfie1014

GA made this update yesterday about short formations on the EMU fleet; https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/tra...r-information-regarding-short-formed-services
possibly spurred by the constant twitter complaints/comments, made worse by the current hot weather. As one of the twitterers said if you'd only made this known months ago when it first started passengers may have been more understanding!

I also like the use of "occasions" in the release (my bolding), as it's been averaging 20-30 short forms on most weekdays for the last few months it's not my idea of occasionally! To be fair only 6 declared short forms this morning on the EMU fleet, plus at least two hauled sets 8 vice 9 and only one unit on the Ipswich - Peterborough curcuit resulting in cancellations.

Over the last few months there have been occasions when some trains have operated with fewer carriages than usual on the routes from Colchester, Witham, Chelmsford and Southend into London.

The issues were initially due to the damage caused to some of our commuter trains by the severe weather conditions in late February and early March. We fixed those faults as soon as we could, though we were hampered by a key supplier going out of business. The fact that we had hired an extra 20 commuter trains last year, to provide more capacity and service resilience, helped us avoid an even more difficult situation.

We then experienced some teething troubles with our fully refurbished commuter trains. We have brought our supplier’s engineers over from Germany to fix that problem and the software upgrade they developed is being rolled out.

We're sorry if your journeys were affected by this problem and we’re pleased to report that we are now starting to see an improvement in the availability of those trains, so most services should now have the planned number of carriages. We are committed to maintaining that positive trend in the weeks and months ahead.

We will also continue to invest in further reliability improvement initiatives for our existing trains, in advance of the benefits the new trains will bring, when they are introduced during the period from the middle of 2019 to the end of 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.