• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia - Trainee Drivers - Multiple Locations (14/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanTO

Hello everyone.

I've seen this advert but I'm a tad confused, there's two adverts for Liverpool Street... one for Mainline driver (Anglia) with less pay than the other advert for Mainline driver (West Anglia).

I may be asking a silly question here but what's the difference?

Thankyou :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Carl98k

Most TOCs require you to life within an hours commute, this one states a reasonable distance. What is classed as reasonable?

Teddyward

Hello everyone.

I've seen this advert but I'm a tad confused, there's two adverts for Liverpool Street... one for Mainline driver (Anglia) with less pay than the other advert for Mainline driver (West Anglia).

Although under one brand the company is still split into 3. Different terms and conditions. Different rates of pay but they are broadly similar once qualified.

lcdcm123

Do you have to apply to every depot you would like to work for separately or does the question about your two local depots cover this for you?

TJ123

Hello everyone.

If I remember right, Liverpool Street (Anglia) do London-Norwich route etc Liverpool Street (West Anglia) they do Liverpool St - Cambridge/Stansted as a driver you won't mix between the two you'll do one or the other

dk1

Veteran Member
If I remember right, Liverpool Street (Anglia) do London-Norwich route etc Liverpool Street (West Anglia) they do Liverpool St - Cambridge/Stansted as a driver you won't mix between the two you'll do one or the other
Yes that’s correct. Different terms & conditions as well as salary.

387star

On Moderation
Application score - Anyone know what this means and what it is scored out off ? If You log onto the webpage down your application at the top it says application score.

Thanks in advance
I applied in 2014 and got 69 and was invited to sit the dfft (had passed the other tests) and interview. I only heard on here of one person getting a higher score.

I applied last night to my local depots, words weren’t forming brilliantly but who knows, see what happens I guess

Do you have to apply to every depot you would like to work for separately or does the question about your two local depots cover this for you?
I applied to two and it said nothing about it so presumably yes

mad1976cam

I'm pretty sure these vacancies are just to refill the now expired talent pool. GA have recently cut alot of services and a friend said a lot of depots are massively over staffed.

That’s a point, like I applied on the last round of applicants 3 years ago and was never contacted apart from “you’re application is still being considered and will progress when space is available”

Then about a week before these came out I was told that it would be discontinued and I had to apply again on these new ones

dk1

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure these vacancies are just to refill the now expired talent pool. GA have recently cut alot of services and a friend said a lot of depots are massively over staffed.
The current timetable is only temporary & even then there are plenty of drivers working their free days at mine & other depots. Another trainee drivers course starts next month so training will now continue ufn.

Chippychips

Applied for Liverpool Street mainline driver over the weekend, got an email inviting for online test/assement today via a url link.

Anyone else heard anything?

Last edited:

Nuttygooner

Applied for Liverpool Street depot over the weekend, got an email inviting for online test/assement today via a url link.

Anyone else heard anything?
Very well done! Is this for depot or one of the mainlines, if you don't mind me asking?

Emmsie

I completed my application this morning and now have the invitation to complete the online assessment

Established Member
WA drivers do not sign on duty before 05:00. Anything earlier has to be a night turn from the previous night.
There were also some complicated percentage rules regarding after midnight sign offs and nothing after 01.30 which I guess are still in place.

Whether night turns are popular on WA is open to debate, but there are usually some who swap for them. GE drivers agreed to get rid of most of their night turns 20 years ago!

dk1

Veteran Member
There were also some complicated percentage rules regarding after midnight sign offs and nothing after 01.30 which I guess are still in place.

Whether night turns are popular on WA is open to debate, but there are usually some who swap for them. GE drivers agreed to get rid of most of their night turns 20 years ago!
Just goes to show why harmonisation has been thrown out on both attempts tried in the past 18 years. They are all so different that it would have to be a very special offer on the table to get all three to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.