• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia Vacancies -Trainee Mainline Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Arthurjack

Just received the email as well for online assessments.does anyone know the starter pay for Norwich? And how much you would clear etc ? I know there is a lot more to the job than money. I’m asking for budgeting reasons. For example do you have to pay pension contributions in first year when pay is lower etc

Teddyward

Just received the email as well for online assessments.does anyone know the starter pay for Norwich? And how much you would clear etc ? I know there is a lot more to the job than money. I’m asking for budgeting reasons. For example do you have to pay pension contributions in first year when pay is lower etc
Norwich is the lower starting pay quoted. You will of course be auto enrolled into the pension. You could opt out should you wish but I wouldn’t recommend that. If I get a chance I’ll have a look at the board in the mess room tonight for the exact figures of pay.

Downs523

Norwich is the lower starting pay quoted. You will of course be auto enrolled into the pension. You could opt out should you wish but I wouldn’t recommend that. If I get a chance I’ll have a look at the board in the mess room tonight for the exact figures of pay.

I've heard Norwich pay is under review and it may be increasing in line with Cambridge drivers? Any news on this? Thanks

Teddyward

I've heard Norwich pay is under review and it may be increasing in line with Cambridge drivers? Any news on this? Thanks
Sorry I’ve no idea I’m on the east. Afaik Norwich fully qualified is already a little bit higher than Cambridge.

Cab2cab79

Hi all
Applied and see the score on my application is a ten however I was invited to take online assessment it seems accepted on here that a score below 11 is not going to progress is this simply the facts or speculation and I guess that means every one will automatically get the online assessment email.
Thank you for your help

Cab2cab79

I scored 10 and also got invited to take the online assessment.
Hi yeah so same as me but I thought I had read some where on these posts that scores below 11 will not progress which may well be true and it’s just the case that every one gets an automatic invite to online assessments

Dave_blood

I've scored an 11. What's the highest anyone seems to have got? Is it an automated scored, eg it searches for specific words you have used, or has somebody actually gone through it?

Cab2cab79

I've scored an 11. What's the highest anyone seems to have got? Is it an automated scored, eg it searches for specific words you have used, or has somebody actually gone through it?
I would imagine automated as I applied very late afternoon yesterday and had a reply for assements early morning so out of office hours really .... oh well we can but complete the assessments and see how we do

Cab2cab79

Just gone back through the old threads it seems like it’s total speculation about what application scores are needed so good luck every one .....

monkeyskillz

Hi yeah so same as me but I thought I had read some where on these posts that scores below 11 will not progress which may well be true and it’s just the case that every one gets an automatic invite to online assessments

I haven’t seen anything regarding this myself. Everything I have read seem to agree it’s an automated thing. Where did you hear that?

monkeyskillz

I’ve been looking through various other threads. Mainly with VSE in the title but got conflicting information.
Does anyone (possibly a current employee) know for certain whether GA are enhanced pass and if so do they require the VSE or just enhanced on the standard tests?
Many thanks if anyone can answer!

OneLowban

I’ve been looking through various other threads. Mainly with VSE in the title but got conflicting information.
Does anyone (possibly a current employee) know for certain whether GA are enhanced pass and if so do they require the VSE or just enhanced on the standard tests?
Many thanks if anyone can answer!

I didn’t do my assessments with GA but when I applied I was told they had to check if my results were “to their standard” and I’m sure I remember talking to the guys on my course about the VSE so I would say yes and yes.

Teddyward

According to the board Norwich is
24k to start
37 first year qualified
42 second year qualified
49 after that.

Downs523

Online application submitted Sunday

Online assessment completed a few hours ago...

Any ideas how long until I hear anything?

Thanks

monkeyskillz

I didn’t do my assessments with GA but when I applied I was told they had to check if my results were “to their standard” and I’m sure I remember talking to the guys on my course about the VSE so I would say yes and yes.

Oh, I got this from another thread (Jan 19):
“You can apply to anyone that doesn’t use it right away and your ARL passes should be good enough for any other operator.
Greater Anglia dont use it”.
If GA do require VSE does anyone know if the six month between tries relates to all TOC’s or just the one I originally tried it with? Or would I need to contact The OPC? Cheers.

Timpg

Well that’s the assessment done. Have to admit, some of the questions were very straight forward to answer. But others did make me think.... is this what they’re actually looking for???... anyway, good luck everyone

Mekiz79

I have just submitted my application, says that I scored 12. Maybe because I have already completed assessment centre with another TOC?

Niek88

Does anybody if your still required to take GA's sjt test if you have previously passed all of the psychometric tests. Applied Sunday and i haven't heard a thing.

Timpg

I have just submitted my application, says that I scored 12. Maybe because I have already completed assessment centre with another TOC?

I got 12 and have also previously passed psychometric tests. Thing is though, as I pointed out to my mate who got a score of 11. It asks if you’ve attended driver assessment before, as a posed to, have you passed the tests before. He stated yes, but he didn’t pass the initial sift, before the psychometric assessments. I’m not sure on what basis the score is calculated, if it is calculated on something at all... who knows lol!!!

Arthurjack

I’m guessing it will be a couple of weeks until we hear back for SJT results. Any idea on timeline and then when the assessments centres are likely to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.