• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gridz 'n' Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
Well, it was a good week, I was looking forward to seeing the Class 56, and went to a new location, Ruskin Park to see it. On Saturday, I went to the GCR up in Leicestershire and had a great day, ta all!

Collection @ http://dsctrains.fotopic.net/c957656.html

Favourite pics;

yhefpf.jpg

yhe3nf.jpg

yhe3ne.jpg

yhe3n1.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Well, I decided to take a pic with my phone, as I knew that a pic with my camera would be slightly blurred or grainy (no pun intended). I'm looking forward to seeing it in a couple of weeks time when light is a bit better :)

jonb

Established Member
I'll get out when it gets a PROPER load! Seeing a Grid hauling flats is just depressing, bearing in mind they used to haul 1200 ton coal trains!

Julian G

Established Member
jonb said:
I'll get out when it gets a PROPER load! Seeing a Grid hauling flats is just depressing, bearing in mind they used to haul 1200 ton coal trains!
oh, but you can get the whole train (without containers!) like what I did at West Brompton!

On the other hand, During the London meet at Camden Road, We saw a Freightliner 90 hauling a lot of flats with just 3 containers at the back! :o

RJ

Established Member
Yep, it's a bit of a waste, but I'm sure Fastline will get more punters with time :)

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
gawd just to see a 56 ticking over down here again would be good! nice shots

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'd LOVE to see a 56 come up with full wang effects on a fully loaded HTA or steel rings load...Now THAT would be a sight and a half.

Anyone know if this 56 run is coming through London on Saturday? I'd love to go see it!

RJ

Established Member
Oh, I do ;)

I went to Catford yesterday to get the grid, it didn't show up by 19:15, so I had to make do with the two 37s on the Dungeness run :)

Status
Not open for further replies.