• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR recruiting again

Status
Not open for further replies.

class373

I logged on to my GTR Careers account and under ''Withdrawn Applications'' I find my trainee train driver application for which I passed the interview and am now awaiting my medical? Should I call them to confirm or am I worrying for nothing? By the way anyone apply for Blackfriars? Good luck all :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ok I've finally been contacted to book my assessment day so I go onto the link they give me in the email and it goes back to the vacancies page!

Am I being dim or what as I don't see it at all....[/QU

Does this mean they are working through previous recruitment drive applicants? I had an email saying I'm on hold- was this also the case for you?

A-driver

Established Member
Hi

Can someone list all the thameslink great northern depots please and where does training take place?

Do they put you up during classroom training if a long way from your home?

Depots are kind cross, Hitchin, Cambridge, Peterborough, Kings Lynn, Bedford, Blackfriars and Brighton. Most training is at Hornsey. They won't put you up for training as Hornsey is commutable via TLGN trains from all depots but you will be paid a travel allowance depending on your Home Depot. You won't get paid from home, just from your depot.

332 > 444

Ok I've finally been contacted to book my assessment day so I go onto the link they give me in the email and it goes back to the vacancies page!

Am I being dim or what as I don't see it at all....[/QU

Does this mean they are working through previous recruitment drive applicants? I had an email saying I'm on hold- was this also the case for you?

Yes this was the case for me also, I had sent my application on the closing date. I'm going to check the site to see if booking my assessment has become available yet as it wasn't this morning.

Just looked on the website now and it now allows me to book a date, ranges from 6th - 10th July.

Treadstone

Will I need to do all of the assessments again in stage 1 or just the dfft? I already passed the gb Dots test, trp 1+2 and tea occ test to enhanced standard.

l0c0m0t1ve

For london based crew what are the earliest starts latest finishes?

It was mentioned a lot of drivers live in crawley which is an hours commute by train what if the trains are delayed? Whre do most blackfriars and kings cross drivers live?

Is passing out normally within a year or longer?

I am not 100% sure on this but I think the earliest could be something like 04:47 and latest finish is 23:43 (well that's the latest I have finished so far).

I live in Tulse Hill which is 28 mins from St Pancras intl.

I would say give yourself plenty of time to get there. Usually you book on about 15-20 mins before the start of your turn - so you can read all the notices and check everything is in order etc.

Sometimes your turn doesn't actually start at King's cross, it depends - you could start at Finsbury park or something so you head down there and meet your train or sometimes you go and pick up and empty unit from Hornsey depot and head down to Moorgate with it - it all depends on your diagram.

Passing out SHOULD normally be within the 12 months but I have heard of some which have taken 14 months.

mikey_1966

I had my driver interview today. How long have people waited for the outcome of their interview?

dr1323

good luck I heard about 4 hours later but have heard some people heard a few days later depends how quick hr are

mikey_1966

I had my driver interview today. How long have people waited for the outcome of their interview?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ok thanks. Seemed to go ok. How about yours?

Garyjames1701

I got an email the day after saying I'd passed, but I was in a talent pool but they had lots of courses lined up and they would let me know when a space become available, this was on the 3rd June. I then had my medical on the 16th which I passed, just waiting for a start date....

A-driver

Established Member
Does gtr have a mainline depot at three bridges?

Not yet. There is a smallish southern depot there at the moment. The main drivers depot will open with the class 700s in the coming years. Will be a big depot.

Pepperami

Dont take the talent pool as a negative for this one guys, as I am training myself for GTR Currently, I know that they are recruiting a LOT of staff, and are trying to sort out training facilities, trainers, and locations for the staff.... might be a little wait, but worth it I assure you :)

Amex88

I got an email the day after saying I'd passed, but I was in a talent pool but they had lots of courses lined up and they would let me know when a space become available, this was on the 3rd June. I then had my medical on the 16th which I passed, just waiting for a start date....

Had my medical today too. Just waiting for the urine test to come back. they said tomorrow.
Where did you apply for btw?
I don't think it will be too too long tbh.
Maybe a couple months!

Status
Not open for further replies.