• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR recruiting again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikey_1966

How long did you wait to find out that you had passed? Well done. :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
How long have you all waited for your result of your driver manager interview?

Out of interest, does the WCT get used? Nobody seems to have mentioned this so far?

alex101

Hi there, am doing my first assessment with GTR in a week just wondering are the Group Bourdon tests done on paper or on a computer? which tests are done on a computer?

Garyjames1701

Hi there, am doing my first assessment with GTR in a week just wondering are the Group Bourdon tests done on paper or on a computer? which tests are done on a computer?

Stage 1 is all on paper, you won't touch a computer until stage 2! Good luck!

Darren1980

Stage 1 is all on paper, you won't touch a computer until stage 2! Good luck!

How long is the gap between stage 1 and stage 2, a week, 2 weeks? Not assuming a pass or anything of the sort, just trying to organise my revision time and plan ahead should I pass don't want to be caught cold!

Garyjames1701

How long is the gap between stage 1 and stage 2, a week, 2 weeks? Not assuming a pass or anything of the sort, just trying to organise my revision time and plan ahead should I pass don't want to be caught cold!

I had a week between both stages, then my DMI about three weeks after that. Prepare yourself for a long way if you're successful though as most of us that have passed are in talent pools with no start dates, predicted we'll be starting in November / December so will be next year for you I'd imagine.

Gary

Tenthghost

November/ December????? Wow these start times are getting longer and longer i had my medical back in May. It's just one of those things.

Garyjames1701

November/ December????? Wow these start times are getting longer and longer i had my medical back in May. It's just one of those things.

I emailed today and got told that all the courses up to September have been filled. People are still going through stage 1 and 2 assessments so the talent pool is going to get a little crowded I'd imagine.

Tenthghost

I emailed today and got told that all the courses up to September have been filled. Peop
le are still going through stage 1 and 2 assessments so the talent pool is going to get a little crowded I'd imagine.

do we know if this includes Bedford start dates?

Garyjames1701

Just created this rather long list of those from the forum who have passed or got medicals waiting in the pool

Bengley
Smudge 67
Wds 2015
Amex 88
Mickey b89
Garyjames1701
Bucko
Dr1323
Wilko5816
Tenthghost
Tim.tin
Driveit
Train time
Allurehomme
Iwantin
Train training
Matt k
Class 373
ml

jonthetaxi (?)
Bobby box (?)

Good idea mate. Maybe we should start a new thread for it?

smudge67

The talent pool has never been mentioned to me as the Bedford courses were always set for September. Anyone else in the list waiting for before in sept ?
Had my medical a couple of weeks ago and passed, was told courses for September have been filled but courses will be starting for October and should here by end of July.So like some of the other people will just have to wait a few more weeks to get course date and depot confirmed.

WDS2015

Had my medical a couple of weeks ago and passed, was told courses for September have been filled but courses will be starting for October and should here by end of July.So like some of the other people will just have to wait a few more weeks to get course date and depot confirmed.

Claire has just confirmed September is all filled up. Gutted really hadn't heart set on starting in September.

Anyone on here starting September for Bedford ? or I'm guessing Bedford as a whole has been put back

WDS2015

Hi WDS2015 did claire say when the next courses for bedford are starting?

Hi
No they don't yet have dates and locations for the rest of 2015 yet.

Just advised "we are waiting for a definitive list of dates and locations for the reminder of the yr."

Very vague makes it hard to make plans

plastictaffy

Coulpe of guys at my place have passed everything up to and including the medical, and at least one has had a driver manager interview. They are now looking at other companies, having being told they are in a holding pool, awaiting start dates. The hold up is apparently being caused by a shortage of instructors. It wouldn't be like a TOC to not plan ahead and make sure they have enough people to do the required training, now would it??
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The talent pool has never been mentioned to me as the Bedford courses were always set for September. Anyone else in the list waiting for before in sept ?

The september course is full, and has been for a while. The guys at my depot were told it will be early to mid 2016 before they even get looked at now.

traintraining

Hi
No they don't yet have dates and locations for the rest of 2015 yet.

Just advised "we are waiting for a definitive list of dates and locations for the reminder of the yr."

Very vague makes it hard to make plans

Thanks for the update, i havent seen anyone in the forum starting thameslink/bedford so theyve probably pushed the dates back a bit

Wandering whether we still here back with firm dates by end of july as originally promised!

Bobbybox

Why are they saying October to people and now their saying theirs nothing concrete

Status
Not open for further replies.