• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR recruiting again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sgiot

Hi,
How do you think you got on yesterday ?
When I came out after 1 hr 20 mins you were both looking pretty pale LOL.
I didn't think mine went too badly, but with no feedback I could be completely wrong.
Waiting to hear how you got on is pretty torturous though :)
Fingers crossed.

Hi mate.

I felt it went OK, its hard to judge though as she played a good poker face throughout!!!

Any idea's how long the wait will be?

Sgiot

All he said to me was that the MMI would be scored and the result sent to GTR within 48 hrs and I would hear from them 'shortly' afterwards ? . I reckon it'll either be tomorrow or Monday.

Sgiot

It's a pass or fail - subject to scoring high enough LOL.
I assume all the 'box ticking' that is going on while you're talking is inputed to a computer which then scores answers ? .
I think Stage one was over 4 days as I'm pretty sure I've read of people attending Mon through to Thurs ?

Sgiot

Got to admit, I'm a little concerned as to the number ahead of me in 'the queue' . The little pessimistic voice in my head is convinced that even if I have passed the MMI and go on to pass the DMI I'll still be 'in the pool' waiting for a course as I approach retirement :)

Hoody

I had a similar letter as did someone else I know who has also got through the medical. I'm remaining optimistic and I'm guessing that they've had enough of people phoning for an update so they sent the letter to try and stop all the calls and emails.

I've applied for Bedford and the last update I had from Ronke was that they were waiting to hear back from senior management as to when the courses would be running, she hoped that this would be by the end of July. She also said that they might end up running two courses in October.

332 > 444

Hi,
How do you think you got on yesterday ?
When I came out after 1 hr 20 mins you were both looking pretty pale LOL.
I didn't think mine went too badly, but with no feedback I could be completely wrong.
Waiting to hear how you got on is pretty torturous though :)
Fingers crossed.

Ahh you have the pale feeling too? Well I feel to cuss in patois lol, can't they put me outta my misery now?

Still don't get how my friend realised what they were writing when she was interviewed, she had told me it looked like they were writing C for competent (or U for useless!)

My MMI was first along with the lady who had the girl interviewing her and it didn't even seem like 1h10

Last edited:

Ahh you have the pale feeling too? Well I feel to cuss in patois lol, can't they put me outta my misery now?

Still don't get how my friend realised what they were writing when she was interviewed, she had told me it looked like they were writing C for competent (or U for useless!)

My MMI was first along with the lady who had the girl interviewing her and it didn't even seem like 1h10

Were you today 332>444?

bengley

Established Member
Good luck! I hated the MMI, I was shocked when I found out I passed!

dr1323

Has anyone heard any news on Bedford start date I'm hopeful some should get a call soon I was told end of this month they should know start dates

RobSmith

Hi,

Has anyone else recently completed the 2nd assessment for GTR trainee train driver? I did mine on Tuesday 14/07 and was told I would here by the end of the week from GTR. It's the end of the week and I didn't get anything in the post. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to contact you??

Garyjames1701

GUYS YOU WILL ALL BE PLACED IN THE TALENT POOL. They don't even know where and when the next courses will be. Myself and a load of other people have passed everything including medicals and have been in the talent pool for a couple of months. Don't expect a start date after passing your DMI, it's a slow process after that.

Bucko

Has anyone heard any news on Bedford start date I'm hopeful some should get a call soon I was told end of this month they should know start dates

Not really news but I was up at head office a mth ago and I asked about Bedford ( that's what I want ) and was told "probably Oct" as they were busy with placing candidates into courses and also running new first & second stage assessments.

On slightly separate issue, have you been told you are in a talent pool ? I haven't, but seems lots of others for Bedford are. Not sure what the state of play is tbh

Garyjames1701

Not really news but I was up at head office a mth ago and I asked about Bedford ( that's what I want ) and was told "probably Oct" as they were busy with placing candidates into courses and also running new first & second stage assessments.

On slightly separate issue, have you been told you are in a talent pool ? I haven't, but seems lots of others for Bedford are. Not sure what the state of play is tbh

If you've passed all stages and haven't received a start date then you are in the talent pool mate.

Bucko

If you've passed all stages and haven't received a start date then you are in the talent pool mate.

If you don't mind me asking how do you know that ?

Some people have rec'd emails / letters that state they are in a TP. Others haven't. Whos told you everybody is?

Garyjames1701

If you don't mind me asking how do you know that ?

Some people have rec'd emails / letters that state they are in a TP. Others haven't. Whos told you everybody is?

Because that's what happens to the candidates when there are no immediate positions for them. They all go into a pool and are selected when the courses become available. What communication have you had then? When did you pass your medical?

332 > 444

Hi,

Has anyone else recently completed the 2nd assessment for GTR trainee train driver? I did mine on Tuesday 14/07 and was told I would here by the end of the week from GTR. It's the end of the week and I didn't get anything in the post. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to contact you??

Mate at least wait till close of play today, i did mine yesterday so no chance of me hearing by today!

Bucko

Because that's what happens to the candidates when there are no immediate positions for them. They all go into a pool and are selected when the courses become available. What communication have you had then? When did you pass your medical?

Hi Mate

I passed my medical yesterday. Was supposed to have it in June but was canx due to a mix up with times. I actually passed my DMI back on June 3.

Im not ITK, but I read on here people with loads of info and I don't know if they are more pushy at asking than me ( no offence intended ), or if we've all had different news sent to us, because we are at different levels of application?

Or is everybody clutching at straws cos we're all in the dark ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.