• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR recruiting again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dr1323

Not really news but I was up at head office a mth ago and I asked about Bedford ( that's what I want ) and was told "probably Oct" as they were busy with placing candidates into courses and also running new first & second stage assessments.

On slightly separate issue, have you been told you are in a talent pool ? I haven't, but seems lots of others for Bedford are. Not sure what the state of play is tbh

I have not actually been told I'm in the TP but also not been told I got a guaranty that I have got a place I have been waiting since beginning of May.

332 > 444

It's sat, but nope nothing. Scattle was extremely lucky to hear same day whilst they play hangman with the rest of us

RobSmith

Anyone heard anything that had their stage two last week?

Nothing for me yet. Anxiously waiting for the postman that doesn't normally get to us for midday, then go to my old address to check there as GTR are useless when it comes to address changes! My wife updated her details when we moved in April and they still send her important letters to the old address!!

Sgiot

Just had a call from HR to say I have passed the MMI and depot managers interview should be done by the end of the month ! . To say I'm stoked is an understatement. ::)

332 > 444

Di dreadhead has also passed! I actually teared up when on the phone! Now to compose myself for the DMI as I dont wanna let my guard down!

Well done to you 2 still!

Last edited:

RobSmith

Just had a call from HR to say I have passed the MMI and depot managers interview should be done by the end of the month ! . To say I'm stoked is an understatement. ::)

Hi mate, congratulations! When did you do your MMI? I've been at work all day and I don't get signal so I don't know if they've tried calling me but not left a message!? :|

Sgiot

Hi,
I did mine last Wednesday. Hopefully you'll hear soon, it's no fun not knowing. Fingers crossed for you.

Last edited:

332 > 444

The joke ting is i just read that on railstaff website. So all have patience, you guys who have passed DMI and had/having medical will be on a course this year.

When i saw the unsaved no pop up at after my break 10:45 i knew it was them, good news for a monday!

Sgiot

When I received my call today I thought I'd take the opportunity to ask a couple of questions. Basically there are a lot waiting in the talent pool but EVERYONE will get on a course, we just need to be patient. She said that I'd be looking at JAN / FEB and I've not even had my DMI / medical yet, so that's fine by me :)

332 > 444

For me, i would like Kings Cross as i am sure i live closer to there and night bus takes me right there, Blackfriars not so much and plus i prefer GN route

dr1323

They have been takin people on since October last year roughly and they were after 190 drivers then. Don't know how many spaces they have already filled but they still keep running these assessments. Hopefully we will all get placed soon

SweetMate

Had my stage 2 and mmi yesterday, just had a call to say I had passed ??????, now the wait for the dmi begins ????????????

332 > 444

WTF?? They made us lot from last week wait till monday, you know how much mini heart attacks i was having in case i flopped the MMI?? /Poker face

Well done tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.