• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR shunter driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trackman2

I have been invited for assesment for shunter driver jobs for GTR. Basic at £42k.

Any thoughts on the job? Progression, working hours, day or night, overtime?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
I have been invited for assesment for shunter driver jobs for GTR. Basic at £42k.

I’ve not got specific insight to GTR, or the job in general, but it’s a good job with a decent salary. It certainly opens doors if you wanted to go mainline driving after a while as you’ll be a driver grade so will have passed psychometric assessments, and will have the safety critical experience to breeze through a DMI.

387star

On Moderation

I worked at Three Bridges for a short time as a mainline driver.
The shunter drivers there all seemed good people and work together well helping each other get the job done. I believe many are applying to go mainline which is an obvious progression. I know some commute from bognor and are eligible for taxis to work per mainline drivers but sadly those on new contracts won't get taxis.
There's a lot of night work I believe.

baz962

Established Member

No idea for shunter jobs . However almost all shunter jobs will involve night's , as that's when most unit's are being maintained/prepped.

L@ndon

I’ve not got specific insight to GTR, or the job in general, but it’s a good job with a decent salary. It certainly opens doors if you wanted to go mainline driving after a while as you’ll be a driver grade so will have passed psychometric assessments, and will have the safety critical experience to breeze through a DMI.
Hi sorry to jump in the conversation but I have an interview with GTR for a management role.. the JD says MG3 PAY GRADE. do you know the salary range for this band?thanks

Stigy

Established Member
Hi sorry to jump in the conversation but I have an interview with GTR for a management role.. the JD says MG3 PAY GRADE. do you know the salary range for this band?thanks
Hi, can’t help you I’m afraid as I don’t work for GTR. If they’ve listed a pay grade without telling you what that is, it might be worth asking recruitment direct, as they’ll be able to tell you. Often management grade salaries are negotiable so that’s generally why there’s no listing for a management salary.

Jaytrains

Why’s the salary 25k?? Aint it meant to be 40 something?

Status
Not open for further replies.