• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Guess the Station...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST Power

Established Member
No! This is becoming quite fun! :D

I have to go now, so I'll leave you guessing over night!

Matt Taylor

Established Member
This may be fun to some people but to me there is nothing worse than a picture that has had lots of wrong answers and the person whose picture it is doesn't even give out clues from time to time.

Enjoy your fun, I'm out.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
This is actually quite a joke now.

New rule: If you are away for more than three hours after you posted your photo, you must leave your answer with another regular quizzer (i.e. Ivo, TrackBasher, Matt Taylor, 4SRKT, transportphoto or myself), because otherwise we just end up with page after page of absolute rubbish. Fair?

As a guess, FCC don't have departure boards like the TVs shown, they tend to be a scrolling dot matrix screen, and that isn't on the ECML. I would say stick to the Great Eastern (Main Line). Whoever said Witham I think was close, the platform to the left looks like an island...

Shenfield?

87019Chris

This is actually quite a joke now.

New rule: If you are away for more than three hours after you posted your photo, you must leave your answer with another regular quizzer (i.e. Ivo, TrackBasher, Matt Taylor, 4SRKT, transportphoto or myself), because otherwise we just end up with page after page of absolute rubbish. Fair?

Seconded and also add me to this as I'm always on a moble device so can get an answer from a PM.

And my guess (a total guess at that) is romford??

Last edited:

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
New Rule:

Anyone away from a way of replying to this thread for more than three hours and cannot leave a suitable clue (one which will help uncover the station) must leave the answer (via PM) with an online member who has contributed significantly to this thread, such as myself or 87109Chris (or any other member who is a regular on this thread).

Pending confirmation.

Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
Agreed; perhaps we could also provide advance notice of unavailability wherever possible? As I would have had New Cross lasted overnight, given I've been out all day (at the Avon Valley :D)?

HST Power

Established Member
I would like to offer my apologies to everybody for leaving you all in the dark. This was a very silly thing for me to do and I should've done the decent thing and sent a PM. I was going to PM Anon Mouse with the answer but I wasn't sure if it was breaking the rules or not.

Nobody has got the correct answer yet, but I have sent a PM with the correct answer to 87019Chris, who contacted me regarding the issue.

Again, please accept my apologies for wasting everyone's time. If you like, you can forget my photo and start fresh. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I agree, a bit more laid back attitude is needed everyone. You sound like you're all having withdrawal symptoms!

Speaking of which, I'm back after some time away. This thread moves fast!
Popper, why were they filming in Bromley North (yes, almost five days ago I know ;))?

I haven't read every single post as that could take years, so sorry if I've missed something obvious.

HST Power

Established Member
Just to confirm, I told 87019Chris the answer via PM.

I will give you one clue. It's on the Great Northern Route, and somebody (I won't say who) was very, very, very close! :D

Here it is again!

Attachments

• JXP2A.jpg
    JXP2A.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 20
I don't know where this is, but zooming in on the photo, the platform on the lefthand side seems to say platform 2 on both it's faces. Is that a clue?