• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Trainee Train Drivers - Multiple Locations (26/01/24)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ses16

I got an invite for a video interview. Paddington applicant but I’m going to withdraw as I’m already in with another toc. So Paddington people, keep an eye out on your emails.

Jc321

I got an invite for a video interview. Paddington applicant but I’m going to withdraw as I’m already in with another toc. So Paddington people, keep an eye out on your emails.
Thanks for the heads up! How long ago did you receive the invite to the video interview?

Tomato1987

Yes that’s right.

I haven’t done it yet - been waiting for the weekend to have time! But the invite says you will be asked questions and then the system will record you answering.
Hi, I am just wondering if you have done the video interview yet? If so how long was it and roughly how many questions do they ask? I'm just doing some prep as planning to complete it tomorrow. Thanks

Jc321

Hi, I am just wondering if you have done the video interview yet? If so how long was it and roughly how many questions do they ask? I'm just doing some prep as planning to complete it tomorrow. Thanks
Is yours for Paddington?

Chrysalis

Just did my interview. Far less questions than I was anticipating, I felt like it was over so quickly.

Bit worried about how I answered the questions. I feel like I answered quite well, but I didn't use anywhere near the amount of time that was given to me. Is this necessarily a bad thing? I feel like my answers were short, clear and concise, there was no waffling.

Jc321

Just did my interview. Far less questions than I was anticipating, I felt like it was over so quickly.

Bit worried about how I answered the questions. I feel like I answered quite well, but I didn't use anywhere near the amount of time that was given to me. Is this necessarily a bad thing? I feel like my answers were short, clear and concise, there was no waffling.
I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing, as long as you answered well!

Have any other Paddington applicants had an invite to interview? Or just @Ses16 ?
I haven’t heard anything yet either

Leoleo1833

What did you get ask if you don’t mind me asking?

Sorry for late reply. Yes I’ve done it. It was three questions, you get one minute to think about an answer, then three minutes to record it. You get one attempt to re-record if you mess up the first time.

It did say the interviews would be reviewed on a ‘first submitted, first reviewed’ basis and that if your interview demonstrated the minimum standards that your application would progress to the next stage, so it seems like another screening test rather than a tool to choose between applicants at this stage.

Has anyone who has submitted one heard anything yet?

london96

I heard back today. No luck unfortunately.

Good luck to those going forward.

Last edited: