• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Trainee Train Drivers - Multiple Locations (26/01/24)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

london96

Sorry to hear that. Was this after the assessments or did you do the video interview?
Just the assessment did feel confident but it's one those things. I understand not getting feedback as how many applications they get but annoying for myself as don't know where I want wrong.

Would this count as a life now?

Jc321

Just the assessment did feel confident but it's one those things. I understand not getting feedback as how many applications they get but annoying for myself as don't know where I want wrong.

Would this count as a life now?
I’m not entirely sure, I don’t think it counts as a life but I don’t think you can reapply at gwr for another 6 months now. Some other guys will be better at answering but I’m pretty sure thats right.

It’s frustrating but keep at it! You’ll eventually get there if you don’t give up:)

london96

I’m not entirely sure, I don’t think it counts as a life but I don’t think you can reapply at gwr for another 6 months now. Some other guys will be better at answering but I’m pretty sure thats right.

It’s frustrating but keep at it! You’ll eventually get there if you don’t give up:)
Thank you yeah I won't . Very new to this and got dyslexia so always going to be tricky but hopefully I'll get there eventually.

The email suggested I can apply for another role in 6 months time wasn't sure if this included one for train op.

Edit. Does say 6 months for same or similar role so that clears that up.

Thank you for the messages. I wish everyone going forward to the next stage the best of luck with it all

Last edited:

puffpuffgive

Thank you yeah I won't . Very new to this and got dyslexia so always going to be tricky but hopefully I'll get there eventually.

The email suggested I can apply for another role in 6 months time wasn't sure if this included one for train op.

Thank you for the messages. I wish everyone going forward to the next stage the best of luck with it all
Good luck for the future, for most it is a slow process.

Can I ask, which depot did you apply to?

Chrysalis

I'm not sure but I think that considering your dyslexia, they may be able to let you skip some parts of the online sift. I'm saying this because I think that when doing the OPC assessments later on, I think you may be given longer time if you have e.g dyslexia, so why would a TOC not be compassionate in the same way? I could be wrong but it might be worth asking the TOC next time you apply.

Samzino

It can also be a location thing

rowilliams

Hi all,

Has anyone heard anything from applying to Bristol? I know there's a lot of talk on this forum on other stations but not much about Bristol.

Thanks.

shakalisa

I'm on training with GWR in Devon... Whole process is long(I had a covid in the meantime). Tests in April 2019, then first round of tests October 2019, Second round of test December 2019, covid came and I had DMI December 2020. I have just started October 2023. Patience is a virtue
Hello there
Thank you for your post I wonder if you may give some advice around what I can do to prepare for the next stage and possibly what time frame I am looking at, Thanks . I received the email below from GWR

'Regarding your application for the role of Trainee Train Driver Exeter

We would like to inform you that you have been successful in your video interview and your application will now be processed to the next stage of the recruitment process, psychometric testing history check and Invite to assessment centre (if you have not previously passed the testing).

We appreciate your patience in this process so far and ask that you continue to be patient as the next stage could take some months as assessments are being scheduled for the whole of GWR network and not just this vacancy.

Please DO NOT respond to this email, we will be in contact when we have a further update.'

brocktrainguy

Hello there
Thank you for your post I wonder if you may give some advice around what I can do to prepare for the next stage and possibly what time frame I am looking at, Thanks . I received the email below from GWR

We would like to inform you that you have been successful in your video interview and your application will now be processed to the next stage of the recruitment process, psychometric testing history check and Invite to assessment centre (if you have not previously passed the testing).

We appreciate your patience in this process so far and ask that you continue to be patient as the next stage could take some months as assessments are being scheduled for the whole of GWR network and not just this vacancy.

Please DO NOT respond to this email, we will be in contact when we have a further update.'
Congratulations

genziu8181

Hello there

You can probably expect first assessment in few months(I did get 3 months later). Regarding assessment I did have tips what to prepare for assessment for Arriva however I have deleted it. If you search through rail forum you will find some posts will all the info. Regarding Exeter I heard they are in need of a lot of drivers are many of them reaches retirement age

soswales

Still not heard anything for Bristol for a video interview. Anyone applied for Bristol had the invite yet?

LKS

Hello there

Congratulations.

I applied for Exeter in 2023. Just completed everything and in the talent pool.

Expect once you get your assessment date, expect things to move quick!

Good luck

j1985

Congratulations.

I applied for Exeter in 2023. Just completed everything and in the talent pool.

Expect once you get your assessment date, expect things to move quick!

Good luck
Congrats to you also for getting to the talent pool.

Would you mind sharing your timeline of emails from the Exeter vacancy - I have also had an email recently about being successful at video interview stage, just trying to second guess when I may get an assessment day date?

LKS

Congrats to you also for getting to the talent pool.

Would you mind sharing your timeline of emails from the Exeter vacancy - I have also had an email recently about being successful at video interview stage, just trying to second guess when I may get an assessment day date?

I'm sure I had video interview around August 2023 and had assessment in February 2024 with DMI completed by March.