• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hands off our cheiftain!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
That being said, surely they could take a leaf out of FGW's book and have the last three coaches plus DVT on the platform and have passengers board/disembark that way?
I'd hope that some sort of resolution can be found if/when the route to Aberdeen gets electrified: It makes perfect sense and would be fantastic to have 91+mk 4s on the Aberdeen trains. Although, it also has to be considered whether or not there are enough 225 sets to cover extended services to Aberdeen: As I see it, the fleet is used pretty intensively as it is.

Aictos

Established Member
I'd hope that some sort of resolution can be found if/when the route to Aberdeen gets electrified: It makes perfect sense and would be fantastic to have 91+mk 4s on the Aberdeen trains. Although, it also has to be considered whether or not there are enough 225 sets to cover extended services to Aberdeen: As I see it, the fleet is used pretty intensively as it is.

Well you could have either 90s and Mk3s on the Leeds/York services as well as the daily Skipton/Bradford service and use the 91s on the Newcastles/Scottish services or with the introduction of the much heralded IEP, it might free up 91s to work to Aberdeen.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well you could have either 90s and Mk3s on the Leeds/York services as well as the daily Skipton/Bradford service

Surely they would struggle to keep to the current timings? Top speed is 110mph and I'm sure there is a fair bit of 125mph on those routes.

Aictos

Established Member
Surely they would struggle to keep to the current timings? Top speed is 110mph and I'm sure there is a fair bit of 125mph on those routes.

I'm sure there's plans afoot to use 90s on the Semi Fast Yorks from next year unless that's been cancelled?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm sure there's plans afoot to use 90s on the Semi Fast Yorks from next year unless that's been cancelled?
I thought the EC 90 plan was scrapped quite a while ago

Status
Not open for further replies.