• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hello all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. Im new to here and work on the railway. I found this place after a search on the net for rail forums. I have heard some bad stuff about this place, but after looking it seems ok.

Well a jolly good hello to everyone here and hope my time here is as interesting as other places

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick

Aureol said:
HELLO...HELLO...HELLO...HELLO...HELLO :lol: Welcome to the forums to yet another budding rail enthusiast!

Ewwww Midland Railway :P ;)

David

Established Member
Hello and welcome from another Midland(ish) forum member. What job is it you do on the railways?

PS. God help you if you ever meet Evil_Hippo. He has scarred me for life mentally (and I've only met him twice :!: ) :lol:

The Snap

Established Member
Bad stuff? RailUK?? Noooooooooo! RailUK is cool! Welcome! :D

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
RichardH said:
Bad stuff? RailUK?? Noooooooooo! RailUK is cool! Welcome! :D

Second that, whats bad about this place? nothing as far as I can see!

Dave A

Yes, I have to agree, What bad stuff? I've been here since the beginning and have seen NOTHING bad happen on this forum!

Anyway, welcome :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Please note that this post has hence been 100% edited due to unfortunate choice of language and wording. I guess that's not exactly helping matters, but this is my retraction, which is found below, in the form of an edited Simpsons line:

'Sometimes we at FGWFan Studios do anything to ensure a good post. FGWFan Studios has made a mistake, we would like to correct a mistake here:

TTF is not bad. It caters for a whole different audience. We'll stay where we are, they can do as they please.'

(OK, so it's not a very good edit of the line I'm thinking of, but it doesn't really work without the visual.)

FGWFan said:
Bad stuff? RailUK? Maybe you're thinking of TTF...lol.

Erm, hello, some of us are members here too, now if you're done dissing an alternative forum that caters for a different audience, kindly jog on.

Next...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
It was only a bit of light-hearted humour. The point was, there are a fair few people (I'm not mentioning names, everyone who does it knows who they are) who like to, shall we say, spread muck (OK, that's not enough, they like to BS) about TTF. I have admittedly now done it myself. Not proud of it TBH. I shall submit a retraction of the previous post shortly.

Point I was trying to make was he may have heard bad stuff about TTF, thinking it was this forum. Might have been another forum entirely. I don't know for sure, I don't have eyes and ears all around the world.

Now I have explained myself, I hereby submit my retraction of my previous post within this topic (this is why I could never act like a chav, I talk like this too much). Please find enclosed within this thread a deleted post from myself.

Dave A

Come on now, lets all be friends. Why can't TTF and RUK live side by side, hand in hand.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Accepted - I hear bad things about TTF all the time, and I'm only the admin. :lol: I'll be honest, what caused me to bite was the fact that RUK hardly gets a mention 'over there', so there is no need to start any animosity nor damage the possibility that a member may cross-post between forums. If that wasn't what you intended then I'm sorry for misinterpreting it.

What has to be appreciated is the 'muck-spreaders' to use your term don't only inhabit the forum 'over there', they're everywhere on the known Internet. The key is determining who's dragging you down and who's keeping it up. WE haven't always been that quick at it, admittedly, but we like to think our tolerance levels are that little bit higher to allow for 'rehabilitation' - doesn't always work, but that's life.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
OK, glad things are cleared up now. I admit, after re-reading my post, the message was ambiguous.

Hope the retraction post is OK. I was slightly more careful over what to type this time. Unfortunately, without the visual to go with it, the parody doesn't exactly work.

Status
Not open for further replies.