• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hornby 2011 Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Heinz57

Some good stuff out this year.

I've got the flying bannana and the Stobard 92 on my list. I like the GBRF too.

The Hornby Handbook looks good too

The 158 Man

Nice to see more Intercity Swallow stuff, and the Railroad Tornado will be a big hit too. Well, it will in this house anyway..... :p

thehstman

There is a good collection of stuff this year but not really what i am looking for...

what i am looking for is..
Class 153 in First Great Western Local Lines
Class 143 in First Great Western Local Lines
and Wessex 153s

but the network rail Hst and intercity mk3 sleeper looks good

GearJammer

Whens the 4VEP due for release? Seems like we been waiting forever for it.
Can't wait to get my hands on 50008 'Thunderer' to pair up with 'Valiant'! :)

fgwrich

Established Member
Whens the 4VEP due for release? Seems like we been waiting forever for it.
Can't wait to get my hands on 50008 'Thunderer' to pair up with 'Valiant'! :)

re 4 Vep...Due date seems to be...

Feb/March/April/May

Time just keeps on slipping - either way, its looking rather likely itll be in shops roughly the same time as bachmanns EPB...

GNER 373

Really like the Pendolino Alsthom set, plus the Network Rail Class 43 are definitely on the hit list!

Bittern

Established Member
It could just be the lighting, but the colour of both Tornados seem off. That's not an apple green.

Bittern

Established Member
I just saw a D49 in LNER Apple Green there. With a few adjustments, a custom Morayshire is possible!

sprinterguy

Established Member
I’m highly surprised that Hornby are releasing a “Tornado” model, when Bachmann already offer a far superior version of that loco. Is the Hornby model an old Lima mould then? Or an altered Hornby A3? At least they are ahead of the game with the repaint of the real loco into Brunswick green (Which IMO will be awful compared to the apple green livery the loco currently wears).

I notice they’ve provided the Devon Belle observation car in later Scottish form, as used on the Kyle of Lochalsh line: I previously thought, prior to a quick bit of research, that it was only the two LNER “Coronation” observation cars that found their way into use on the Scottish regions’ scenic lines.

FlyingScot

I'm happy that hornby have given us a budget tornado at last. The new 395 does not look good AT ALL. Hornby has made a good decision by introducing the wonderful little 03 shunter into the thomas line.

And smokey joe in the railroad line!?!? He still had it!

P.S.I'm back.

ACE1888

While Hornby have taken their level up quite a few notches in the last few years, this year with no major 'Diesel' new model, was, personally, disappointing..'when I was young' waiting for the new Hornby models each year was THE event worth waiting for!

Bittern

Established Member
While Hornby have taken their level up quite a few notches in the last few years, this year with no major 'Diesel' new model, was, personally, disappointing..'when I was young' waiting for the new Hornby models each year was THE event worth waiting for!

You can cheer yourself up by buying me the new D49 when it's out.

GearJammer

Im still waiting for stuff from the 2010 range, instead of producing new models i'd rather see Hornby concentrate on getting there production line running smoothly so when they say a new model will be released, it actually arrives when stated!

Im still waiting for my 4VEP!

HST Power

Established Member
Im still waiting for stuff from the 2010 range, instead of producing new models i'd rather see Hornby concentrate on getting there production line running smoothly so when they say a new model will be released, it actually arrives when stated!

Im still waiting for my 4VEP!

They can be very slow sometimes. I've only used them once or twice but they did take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.