• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

How to run BVE4 under Windows Vista x86 and x64 and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackClare

I've tried this and it sort of works...

It loads fine but the loading screen is white and when I load routes I only see white. It's working I.E. you can drive it and hear sounds but I can't see anything but white!

PM me for an email if you want, I'll send you what I can.
If you could send it me aswell because I love BVE4 and I just got a Vista laptop and the exact same thing happens to me, thanks very much

Jack

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

leesussex

Hi All I have just got a desktop with vista home premium & NVIDIA geforce 9500 512mb, loaded BVE, downloaded the drivers, and did the command thingy still getting a white screen ??? any ideas ?? I downloaded the things at the begining of this thread

Lee

FusionRail

I have a simple answer for this thread.

Answer

You cant.

Unless you are very lucky.

Solution:

Stop Complaining and do something about it;

Use Open BVE (Seems to be much better than BVE4 now sound faults have been fixed and has much more decent features)

Wait for BVE5

Or just don't play trainsim at all and get out and do something.

FusionRail

Yep does for me, no problems at all.

Im running
Vista Home Premium,
Nvidea GeForce 8600GT (using 1024mb ram),
2x2.4GHz processors,
4gb system ram,
DirectX 10
etc

Trains06

I clicked the download link, came to download completion and then I got:

This program does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations Panel...

Im no computer whizz - So could be something really simple...

mbonwick

Established Member
That's unusual. It's just a standard .Zip file which XP or later can handle.
You may want to download 7-Zip which is a free ZIP program.

mbonwick

Established Member
Same error as before?

I don't really know what it could be....what OS are you running?

sleepyto

I am trying to install BVE 4.2.
I run Vista 64bit
Cannot get dx7vb.dll to install I had no problem with dx8vb.dll.
Naturally I get BVE has stopped working error when I try to open BVE.
Anyone have a solution to this problem or am I out of luck :(

savabve

When I type in regsvr32 dx7vb.dll and hit enter a box appears saying
The Module dx7vb.dll was loaded but the call to DLL register Server failed with error code 0x80070005

Is there anything I can do to remedy this I dont understand computing and do not want to harm my PC.

Cannot wait to play BVE soon.

Kunuk

Hehehe sometimes it's just so funny to look at reviews :lol:
I'm not saying that you are some idiots..
But funny like this: 'I have the same problem.. Some of you tried it?'
'No not yet' 'Okey I try it later...' Something like that:D
Like the game kills you or something:p

Anyways I gotta give it a try to;)

windmill

Hi !
I'm French (sorry for poor english)
I try to use BVE 4 on Vista... I've tried what is described in the first page of this post, it worked. But When I select the route in the BVE startup folder, it crashes ("BVE doesn't respond) anyone know how to fix that ? Thanks

windmill

Hi, when i launch open BVE, it crashes and show me this (see the pix i've attached)

what is the problem ?

It crashes just when I select a route in the route folder and click "start".

Attachments

• mackoy.jpg
    mackoy.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Khanr003

hi i have a problem:s when i launch bve it shows the ERROR box "bve has stopped working" i also run it as admin and still i get this error help apprieciated

EDIT: ive also followed ALL instructions in the First post

;)

Attachments

• BVE PROB.jpg
    BVE PROB.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 10

Turbostar

Just got a new Dell Studio laptop, with Vista Premium. Followed exactly what is said at the start of this thread, & BVE4 runs fine on my laptop, albeit it's not as smooth as playing it on XP, but it's near enough. :D

hkcakes

The module "dx7vb" failed to load
Make sure the binary is stored at the specific path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files
The specified module could not be found

im having the same problem.. please help! i wana play BVE so bad. btw i think my bve version is 2.6.3. do i need 4 to do it ??

BVEproblemguy

Hey there, hkcakes!

Are you running Vista 32bit or 64bit? Also, did you right click on Command Prompt then select Run as Administrator?

old_timer

After downloading the 3 dll files got ok for#7 but got"module failed to load" message for # 8,what next?

reeyaz

Go CONTROL PANEL-USER ACCOUNTS-TURN USER ACCOUNT CONTROL ON or OFF-REMOVE RIGHT MARK FROM UAS. Then restart ur pc and then try to load .dll files.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
i load .dll files on vista home prieum. and i hv nvidia Gforce EN9400GT Graphic Card. but bve is no running on this card. so how i run bve and how i run open bve on vista?

MCR247

Established Member
"i load .dll files on vista home prieum. and i hv nvidia Gforce EN9400GT Graphic Card. but bve is no running on this card. so how i run bve and how i run open bve on vista?"

Translated into English

I've dowloaded the .dll files on vista home premium. I have nvidia Gforce EN9400GT Graphics Card,but BVE is not running on this card. How do I run BVE and how do I run openBVE?

Ok, first things first, have you completely followed the instructions? Which type of BVE are you trying? (2 or 4?). It would be easier to try open though. Follow these instructions http://openbve.trainsimcentral.co.uk/use/download_windows.html

shadow

i'm new here, but as i read this post, i decided to see if it will work with windows 7 (RC/RTM)

so i followed the instructions, and guess what?

this fix also works for windows 7 (RC/RTM). hopefully it works for the retail versions of windows 7

this applies to BVE 2 and 4

here's a screenshot of BVE2 running on 7
win7r.png

Last edited:

GB

Established Member
So just to confirm, BVE4 and Open BVE work on Windows 7 (retail) using the fix described in the opening post?

Status
Not open for further replies.