• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

I'm going for it ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Established Member
I've just applied to be a trainee driver with Scotrail. Fingers crossed ....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nath9425

:D Yay.....If he passes this means he won't be able to Ban our 'Rude' Threads 24/7!

Anyway Good luck! What Traction you hopefully going to be doing - Remember ALWAYS Carry a camera around with you.

Nick

As said on MSN, best of luck mate....if you do get it theres hope for the rest of us ;)

Craig

Established Member
Do you know what depot it's for?

It would be interesting to see a log of your progress.

David

Established Member
Thanks for your replies so far everyone. If I get the job, i'll be re-locating north of the border. Hopefully, I'll get my preferred depot as well. I've gone for Perth, but there is 4 other depots looking for drivers as well.

As said on MSN, best of luck mate....if you do get it theres hope for the rest of us ;)

Cheeky bugger :shock: :lol:

It would be interesting to see a log of your progress.

If I get the job, I'll start a blog for everyone to laugh at my shortcomings :lol:

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Best of luck David! Let's hope you have better fortune than your fantasy football team!

;)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Lots of people seem to be applying for jobs lately!

Good luck anyway! :)

Tom B

Established Member
Good luck! Even if it does mean your abandoning these parts :).

D306

Established Member
Best of luck. I want to work with Govia (company taking over silverlink)because I can get to work easily from where I live. When I've finished my GCSE's (Later this year :neutral:), then when I go on to do A-Levels (I hope(mainly because I want to get into my schools sixth form.))

westcoaster

Established Member
well done david and good luck mate, if you need any tips or info give us a pm as i passed all the test a couple of months back.

djw1981

Established Member
Perth is mostly 158 / 170. possibly also 156's. They are the diesel side of things.

Some Waverley ones will sign 322/318 for the North Berwick service, and the Glasgow guys on the electric side sign 314/318/320/322.

Established Member
:D Yay.....If he passes this means he won't be able to Ban our 'Rude' Threads 24/7!

Anyway Good luck! What Traction you hopefully going to be doing - Remember ALWAYS Carry a camera around with you.
No chance. Nath theres a thing called 'days off' which means he will be doing it 24/7 just not every day now , and no two tones if you go up there:shock:
Perth is mostly 158 / 170. possibly also 156's. They are the diesel side of things.

Some Waverley ones will sign 322/318 for the North Berwick service, and the Glasgow guys on the electric side sign 314/318/320/322.

Watch out for the spotters dave , they all like the MUs up there and the toots so blow a huge one its funny:razz: , congratulations though (even know you dont really like me:()

Fred.

me123

Established Member

You forgot the 334s! Glasgow Electric lines could all see visits from Junipers and I beileve some Edinburgh staff are trained on them, although they have yet to be used in passenger service to North Berwick.

Jim

Established Member
Hard choice, living in Scunthorpe or Scotland!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
, congratulations though

Although I am hoping he will get the job and wishing him lots of luck, is it not bit early for congrats, I mean applying for a job isn't too hard ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
You forgot the 334s! Glasgow Electric lines could all see visits from Junipers and I beileve some Edinburgh staff are trained on them, although they have yet to be used in passenger service to North Berwick.

Don't think so, certainally not Haymarket anyway.

David

Established Member
It's not having the guts to apply for it, it's the guts required to make my mind up about getting out of here and relocating to somewhere in Scotland.

Once again, thanks for your replies everyone. I'll keep you all updated as to what's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.