• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Imagine If

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Lets hope you dont breakdown then. How you gonna call for recovery without a mobile phone Lol.
In the usual way; walk to the nearest telephone box. If you happen to break down in the middle of nowhere, then this may entail a fair walk to the nearest village, and the rise of mobile phones has served to greatly reduce the number of active telephone boxes around the UK. Motorways however generally have emergency telephones at regular intervals.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43021HST

Established Member
I would put on the stranglers, light a doobie and get oh so high, so very high and probably giggle at a door handle or something.

Schnellzug

Established Member
Catch up on one or two of the 29 books I think I currently have in a pile, waiting, and get a bus and/or Train to somewhere random.

Nym

Established Member
Explore Lundy island.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Have sex for 1/2 hour, and depending on how horny I am, maybe for a couple of hours.

You see, I try and be subtle and you just blurt it out....

Lets hope you dont breakdown then. How you gonna call for recovery without a mobile phone Lol.

Not everyone on this planet is so useless as to not be able to repair simple vehicle faults, or be able to know if a vehicle is likely to fail.

Or failing that, walk to the nearest village or payphone, and if you don't know where the nearest village is, then there really is no hope left for this country in terms of people ability to know where they are and be able to find their way around without sat nav.

Nonsense

If for a whole 24 hours, there was none of the following

Mobiles
TV
No I-pods or MP3 players
Play stations, Nintendo’s or Xbox
No internet
No work, University or college.
You could not stay in bed (the laundry fairy was visiting for imaginary purposes)

What would you do for fun and relaxation?

Is there a pub? If so, thats where I'd be.

24 hours with none of the above, sounds abit like the airport leg of a package holiday.

anthony263

Established Member
Walk to my local bus stop and get on the bus buy a dayrover and go off bashing for the day..

Either that or go driving and yell at some drivers who are annoying me or stay at home and do some reading, I have lots railway & bus magazines to read through.

Or if I was still with my ex girlfreind go pay her a visit (And pray she doesnt go dragging me out shopping:|)

SS4

Established Member
I'd like to say I'd do all kinds of interesting things but in reality I'd have to resort to the paper to see how my fantasy team did.

Bungle73

On Moderation
I have a load of books I've bought that I haven't got around to reading yet too, plus some Tate etc. magazines.

deltic1989

Established Member
no bed eh? ah well theres always the sofa. i would probably go fishing or take my family out in the country or to the seaside. or maybe a nice relaxing days sailing with an anchor drop for some sea fishing, assuming fishfinders are ok?

flymo

Established Member
Lots of suggestions on what to do then. Anyone here actually up for the challenge of doing it !!

For me -
Day at the beach enjoying the sunshine.
Evening at the pub enjoying the beer.
Night asleep on the sofa enjoying the peace and quiet.

I did this yesterday. thoroughly enjoyable day it was too until I woke up at 02:30 with a stiff neck from sleeping on the sofa.....:lol:

Ivo

Established Member
I did this yesterday. thoroughly enjoyable day it was too until I woke up at 02:30 with a stiff neck from sleeping on the sofa.....:lol:

Nothing wrong with sleeping on a sofa! Last Sunday I slept on a 2-seater sofa. I'm 6'1" :shock:

Ivo

Established Member
No idea. We were up until 5:30 though, which may have helped, plus I had to travel up to Leeds the day before. Having said that though, being teetotal would have made it harder. I am kind of used to sleeping on sofas when I go back to Southend though, so it wasn't a new experience, but I still don't know how I managed it...

deltic1989

Established Member
XCDriver:854736 said:
Lots of suggestions on what to do then. Anyone here actually up for the challenge of doing it !!
would be a quiet day on the forum if we all did it. tried suggesting it to the mrs but she might die without facebook. and the kids would kill each other without the xbox.

Ivo

Established Member
I'd happily do it! Too bad the Uni would probably have a go at me upon my inevitably missing an appointment I didn't know even existed <(

Although, without either a sofa or a bath, and with caffeine having pretty much no effect on me at all, sleep could be an issue. Sleeping in showers isn't easy!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I'd probably try and ace some guitar solos, or update my mileage for this year <(

sprinterguy

Established Member
Anyone here actually up for the challenge of doing it !!
If I could break away from my responsibilities to my Uni degree, then I very easily could do: In fact, me and the missus would quite like a couple of days away in North Wales this weekend, climbing Snowdon and other related things, but we just have too much to do, and too little money to go anywhere too far afield!

We're hoping to spend five days to a week over Christmas in a small cottage in North West Scotland though, completely removed from the hustle and bustle of daily life, so there's hope yet!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Far too easy apparently, just ten chords repeated in different orders.
Always good for a heckle though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.