• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Interview question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eesky

Supposedly they are opening a new overhead lines base in Glasgow. In they interview they spoke about the 3 positions available
Off track ,On track and Overhead lines. And asked for my preference which was overhead lines. Hopefully that may be the delay but not holding my breath

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MT18

Hows the job? Whats the Pay etc if you dont mind me asking? Still waiting to hear back.

Rabby apologies for the delayed reply, I really like it. It’s a good section to get your foot in the door. There is opportunities to move sections, once you get in etc. Annual wage is £23,650, a pay rise is current being negotiated by the union, you also get a roster premium which depends on the roster you will work and there is overtime available now and again which is an added bonus.

nat67

Established Member
When I applied for a job with Colas for a rail grinder fitter I was asked a lot of questions but which had nothing to do with rail grinding. It was my first ever interview and I struggled but nothing is supposed to be easy in life ;). I did explain that it was my first ever interview. I was given some material to what I could have been asked but as I say none of it was asked.

Since then I have applied for two more jobs with Colas and no relpy.

Cheers Nat.

Gary1973

This is my latest reply, asking for an update,
Thank you for your email and your continued interest in the Operative role.

We have been in regular liaison with the decision making team in Scotland and hopefully will be in a position to update all candidates soon.

Apologies, once again for the delay.

Highlandspring

Established Member
Perhaps it’s time to ask yourselves if you would actually want to work for a company which treats potential recruits so shabbily..?

Rabbyboy

Any update lads?? I see they have deleted a motherwell posting which i have applied for, no unsuccessful just completely deleted haha.. glasgow one is still active with pending interview.

Rabbyboy

Oh well just got an unsuccessful application on the jobs site. Pissed off is an understatement lol

Rabbyboy

Didnt get an email straight away but checked it and it says "failure to confirm attendance" hahaha! Called recruitment and they think it was an error saying that due to it not being updated???? Hopeless!!

Brann112233

I just got the same email. To be honest I was beginning to expect it.
Recruitment process has been a total farce. Had kind of put me off working for them.

Rabbyboy

I just got the same email. To be honest I was beginning to expect it.
Recruitment process has been a total farce. Had kind of put me off working for them.
Did you call them? They said someone else had called too for same reason. Bit of a joke, 7 months wait lol

Eesky

What was your reason in the e-mail. Mines was failure to confirm attendance. Even though this is the first contact I've had since the interview

Eesky

Did anyone actually get a job that had been waiting the 7months. Or did they just mess everyone about

Gary1973

I was unsuccessful aswell, what a fekin joke waiting 7 months for that, my email just said that there was a more suitable candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.