• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Introductions

RJ

Established Member
I would far rather live in a flat in London than a school in Hertfordshire :).

I love living in London because everything I need is close to me, buses taking me from my home to wherever I need to go and because there's always something going on - the place is always lively and vibrant. There's enough people around for them not to be up in your business unlike in smaller communites I've visited.

There is the issue with crews etc, but they can only get to you if you let them, a lot of victims bring problems upon themselves (hanging around in dodgy drug ridden parts East London with phones on display for example) and some people deserve to get robbed, especially the snotty people who look down on others.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheSlash

Established Member
There's a lot of local pride around here that probably comes from the general opinion of the area from outside and lumping everywhere together with Birmingham did not get a positive response.

It's ok, we have secretly re grouped you all into one large County known as "The North" ;)

34067James

Name: James Bartlett
Interest: Aviation, Trains though not modern unit trains though I do like the old slammer door stock , I am also intrested in Military & Military Aviation aswel as some TV programs and Heavy Metal Music
Couldn't live without: Don't know really I know three things though Heavy Metal, PC & me PS3 :grin:
Whats in my wallet: This and that
Local Line: Sittingbourne station on the Chatham main line & the SKLR
Favourite TOP: EWS ,Freightliner & DRS

James

Probably already done this, although not sure!

Name: Hakzi
Lives: Devon
Job: Student
Transport Interests: Rail, aviation, merchant shipping - occasionally buses
Whats in my wallet: £2, Chinese sweet wrappers, paper clips, Mandarin Phrasebook
Local line: Tarka (Barnstaple-Exeter)
Favourite routes: Exeter-Okehampton, Exeter-Plymouth, Exeter-London Padd
Wants to be: Writer, journalist, poet, entrepreneur, driver, conductor... (any of those)
Obsessed with: China/the Orient, music, transport (one week im obsessed with trains, next shipping, it's a cycle)
Favourite Class:

Bayum

Established Member
Oooooh I wanna do one =D

Probably already done this, although not sure!

Name: Ryan
Lives: Erm?? Medical stuff, TV, Pokemon =D
Job: Student
Transport Interests: Trains, buses, travelling
Whats in my wallet: £25, loads of other stuff
Local line: Erm, Dont have one?
Favourite routes: Leeds - New Street
Wants to be: Speech Therapist, Clinical Psychologist, Paediatric
Obsessed with: Nothing really
Favourite Class: 185, 220/1/2, 158, 170 - DMUs and EMUs - Modern Stuff!!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Well I think that was an obvious conclusion ;)

Bush

Name: Julian (Or Ju, Jay, Julez your choice! lol)
Lives: Devon
Job: Fitter (FGW Exeter TMD)
Transport Interests: Proper Rolling Stock (Mk1 and Mk2s) Followed by proper 'Southern' Diesels & Electrics.
Whats in my wallet: £30, Debit Card, Maccy D Vouchers (OOD) Priv card, FGW TOC Card, PTS card, Regency Pool club Card (Brighton)
Local line: The Barny (Barnstaple-Exeter) Morchard Road me local!
Favourite routes: London - Brighton via Quarry. London Bridge to Victoria via Atlantic Lines. The Riveria Line.
Obsessed with: Womens Lumpy Bits. + Cinema, Beer & Quality Trains.
Favourite Class: 421/3 Quality Express Mainliners! (All gone now bar 1753 :()
General: Been following this forum past 2 years or so. Known The Slash for past 5 years or so (back to his SWT days! <D) Met Coxster once or twice at the EKR about 4 years ago. :)

Bush

The little darlings those 142's! 8) Naa, all in all they ain't bad those Pacers. They do they're job well shuttling People up and down the Barny, and down to Exmouth and Paignton. Nice to work on too, (I'll proberly get shot for saying this but :grin:) give me a B Exam on a Pacer over a Class 47 anyday! :shock:

devon_metro

Established Member
Done a smashing job with them!

Can't be long till FGW send one to Paddington. They got to Swindon!!

P156KWJ

Established Member
well I suppose you could couple 4 142s together, make the back 2 first class by throwing some cushions inside and stick a catering trolley on :lol:

Bush

Corection - overtakes it at Bathampton Jn!

Or indeed catches it up and overtakes it! ;)

Still, we've two nice pictures of her sitting at Swindon on the wall in the reception, shows they're spreading their wings! (She was scheduled to run to to Reading, but IIRC cancelled running further to due already late running. :()

43021HST

Established Member
I,m new and I just Registered roughly ten minutes ago. Firstly my interests in railways start off from my Dad who was interested in big blue diesels so that gets me interested in them. secondly I get taken to lots of preserved railway so thats why I,m interested in the preservation movement and last of all I,m interested in the modern image railways because its the only traction. But a Class 37 makes me practically swoon. Modern traction isnt as good as the stuff from the seventies. Also I,m from Reading one of the main GWR railway centres where the mainline for cornwall divides with the mainline to birmingham.

Yours BR fanatic

P156KWJ

Established Member
I,m new and I just Registered roughly ten minutes ago. Firstly my interests in railways start off from my Dad who was interested in big blue diesels so that gets me interested in them. secondly I get taken to lots of preserved railway so thats why I,m interested in the preservation movement and last of all I,m interested in the modern image railways because its the only traction. But a Class 37 makes me practically swoon. Modern traction isnt as good as the stuff from the seventies. Also I,m from Reading one of the main GWR railway centres where the mainline for cornwall divides with the mainline to birmingham.

Yours BR fanatic

welcome aboard :)

valentaman

Name: Iain- valenta man
Job: Tesco's-and EMT
Couldn't live without: mates and railways- and much more
whats on me: blackberry wallet with rail card cash card work card and keys and acme thunderer

thats me

Name - Matt aka Half Pint
Username - Half Pint 56120
Age - 19
Job - Student
Previous Jobs - Volunteer with the Class 37 Locomotive group working on 37003, 37175, 37275(before sold), 37414.
Current Jobs - Volunteer at South Tynedale Railway
Interests - Guitars, music, skateboarding, snowboarding, drums
Location - Jarrow
Local Buses - 18, 57, 88, 89
Local Stations: Brockley Whins is the best
Fav locos: - 56s, 25s, 26s, 27s, 37s, 55s, 40s and 20s
Hated locos - 60s
What's in my wallet: Phone, Ipod, wallet obvs need money for greggs lol <D

spoony

Roker Park, Sunderland. Next to the Stadium of Lig
Name -Chris aka spoony
Username - spoony
Age - 26
Job - Technical support
Previous Jobs -Call centres, shop staff
Current Jobs - Sage Software
Interests - Football/cricket/Sunderland AFC/trains
Location - Next to Chichester Metro stop
Local Buses - 35, E1, E2, E6 and always on the 332
Local Stations: Brockley Whins is the best
Fav locos: - Mallard, GC HST8)
Hated locos - None, they are all great
What's in my wallet: Not a lot as its a 5 week month:neutral:

Chilled Phill

Name: Phill (Duh!)
Lives: South Cheshire
Job: Automotive Engineering Student/Part-Time Shop Floor Assistant at Wickes.
Transport Interests: AC EMUs, Crewe Railway station, the WCML and signalling.
Something I could not live without: Everything I own, everyone I know...I can't live without...
Whats in my wallet: Debit card/Student I.D Card/2 Young Person's Railcard (1 Expired!)/HMW Reward Card/WHS Smith Reward Card