• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Invalid Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

talltim

Established Member
Having tried using the Lawpages site to search for a Crown court case I was involved with, I have to say it’s one of the most flaky, user unfriendly sites out there. Good luck finding anything

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Established Member
Having tried using the Lawpages site to search for a Crown court case I was involved with, I have to say it’s one of the most flaky, user unfriendly sites out there. Good luck finding anything
Yes, I agree - and the OP has not been back to update us either AFAIK, which is a shame.

jrh2254

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/derbys-courts-now-closed-except-3978228
Derby’s courts have come to a virtual standstill due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Lawyers are being advised to stay away while officials said that people should not attend court unless they are contacted directly.

Only those cases deemed to be “urgent” and involving “overnight custody and prisoner production” will be heard today at magistrates courts.

A tweet from HM Courts & Tribunals Service this morning read: "Magistrates’ Courts will only hear urgent cases today (overnight custody & prisoner production).

"Parties involved in all other hearings should not attend court unless contacted directly.

"You’ll be notified of new hearing date.
I suspect all non-urgent cases have either been cancelled or postponed.
I would say that the TOC/TIL would have been wise to withdraw the case and probably did?

Last edited by a moderator:

WesternLancer

Established Member
https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/derbys-courts-now-closed-except-3978228

I would say that the TOC/TIL would have been wise to withdraw the case and probably did?
Date OP said it was scheduled for was 19 march and I think Courts may have still been operating then.

That link says
Since the announcement, we have been seeking clarity from the Senior Judiciary on what will happen with courts from Tuesday 24 March 2020.

So it may be that on the 19th thinks happened as intended.

Haywain

Veteran Member
If the court was closed, which seems unlikely, hearings will have been deferred until a later date. This was seen to be the case on another thread where the hearing was moved from early April until around the end of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.