• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Junior Driver - DB Cargo UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
I interviewed for a JD role last week, apart from the normal why this job? Why DB? What do you know about us? The interview is all competency based, name a time you had too........ They send out example questions that don't differ from the real ones too much, then I just done what research I could on their website. My interview seemed to go really well.
Haha, don’t know what I was thinking, I know you had your interview as we spoke somewhere in this forum about it like two days ago :lol:

Thanks for the info. I’ve got the info in the email....it was almost as if they were telling me the exact questions they’d ask (until I read the bit at the nottime which said something like “these aren’t the exact questions you’ll be asked) :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Seejwalker

Haha, don’t know what I was thinking, I know you had your interview as we spoke somewhere in this forum about it like two days ago :lol:

Thanks for the info. I’ve got the info in the email....it was almost as if they were telling me the exact questions they’d ask (until I read the bit at the nottime which said something like “these aren’t the exact questions you’ll be asked) :lol:
It's so easy to get swept up and lose track of these threads. The example follows the same principle as what they will ask, it may not be worded the same but you get the jist.

Atishyou

Atishyou,

Please advise on the roles that were advertised across the country in case you may know, like Dartford .. Would you still be placed in a talent pool or positions are indeed coming up? I have made it through to the 1st assessment to be done in Reading..

And also, where are you actually based if your chosen location on the application was Dartford?

Dartford incorporates Angerstein Wharf, Hoo Jnc and Hither Green. Where you'll actually be as a Junior I don't know.
There are vacancies in lots of places, but how many there are in Dartford, I don't know unfortunately.

Fiesta89

Thanks yeah I was wondering about the DMI

New to this so wanted to get understanding of difference to the MMI which i believe is around 6 questions competency based that you write a sentence or two on prior to interview then its expanded upon in the MMI

And DMI seems similar questions but with any sort of question and a normal type of interview..

I have MMI next week so curious as to what next step is if I pass

Stigy

Established Member
Just been offered the Junior driver position in Acton. Starting in Jan.
Congrats mate! Lucky bugger, two FOCs haha, you must interview really well! :)

Congrats also to anyone else with offers!

Gonna cross my fingers and hope mine goes well and that I may well start with you in Jan! (Not quite sure how the training is for junior drivers....May be pretty much all at depot?).

Seejwalker

Congrats mate! Lucky bugger, two FOCs haha, you must interview really well! :)

Congrats also to anyone else with offers!

Gonna cross my fingers and hope mine goes well and that I may well start with you in Jan! (Not quite sure how the training is for junior drivers....May be pretty much all at depot?).
We're all training at Didcot, I assume that where we will do all the classroom stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.