• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER to hire DB Cargo Class 90 - now 2x 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rarely out Saturdays. Often out Sundays.

Rumoured to be working 1N16 & 1Y42 tomorrow (Sunday)

Yes, these are Newcastle services. There's planned engineering work all day today, which means Leeds services are HST and run via Hambleton.

The 90 very rarely works anything other than Leeds or Newark services now, as enough drivers are trained up to give various options with these.

Established Member
Aren't those services to Newcastle? Thought the 90s don't work north of York save for one occasion when a DVT failed

Can confirm definitely on these services today, only 7 late heading north through York.

The two points I'd considered when posting that were as follows:

a) Historical record if anyone's interested at some future point as to whether the set had stuck to diagram in Leeds, or had dropped back 30 minutes (as on some previous occasions) and;

b) By posting a partial diagram, it might make people wonder if the set had started its diagram at Neville Hill depot (Leeds) today - which wouldn't be the case due to Driver knowledge (only Kings Cross Drivers sign it, and they don't sign Neville Hill).

Still, never mind...

Last edited:

postye

The two points I'd considered when posting that were as follows:

a) Historical record if anyone's interested at some future point as to whether the set had stuck to diagram in Leeds, or had dropped back 30 minutes (as on some previous occasions) and;

b) By posting a partial diagram, it might make people wonder if the set had started its diagram at Neville Hill depot (Leeds) today - which wouldn't be the case due to Driver knowledge (only Kings Cross Drivers sign it, and they don't sign Neville Hill).

Still, never mind...

Oh whatever- why does everyone always have to pick holes in what is written.
I answered a question - I won't bother in future. I'll keep my gen to myself

No holes picked from me... simply my response (and explanation) to the above comment.

As someone who will also provide gen at times, I reckon anyone providing any should get a thumbs up - however the thread (and others) is/are read by a few people for different reasons, and any gen is usually useful to *someone*

postye

No holes picked from me... simply my response (and explanation) to the above comment.

As someone who will also provide gen at times, I reckon anyone providing any should get a thumbs up - however the thread (and others) is/are read by a few people for different reasons, and any gen is usually useful to *someone*

You implied that I provided misleading and incorrect/incomplete info.

Well in future I won't answer any further questions in case I mislead

I'm outta here

No implication at all - I'd ask that you take what I wrote at face value and nothing more...

I stand by my opinion that any gen provided (whether by both you and I in this case, or anyone who can in any other instance) is valuable.

Anyway - no offence was meant on my part. If you choose not to provide future gen on the back of it, that's your call - but it would be a shame given the above, and for those who would have found it useful!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You implied that I provided misleading and incorrect/incomplete info.

Well in future I won't answer any further questions in case I mislead

I'm outta here
Having met both of you at forum meals (though not, as far as I am aware, ever at the same ones) I have no doubt both of you are trying to be helpful, nothing more and nothing less, and this is just a misunderstanding. In real life conversation there would not have been a problem, I'm sure. There's no way 43094 intended his post to come across in the way you think it was.

Agreed - no issue intended on my part :)

Not sure we've met - happy to have a drink if we ever do!

90034 failed yesterday (Rad blower issues) after working 1A22.

90039 today: 1D04 1A22 1B86 & 1B87.

jintysteam

I was watching Railcam and we saw the class 90 go past the Peterborough cams and York cams. Was quite a sight to see 90 on the East Coast. And I forget what number it was, it was blue with a DB sticker on the cab side/side of the nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.