• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNR new WCML timetable, May 2019 (in open data feeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic

I see that the West Coast Partnership franchise includes running trains from Walsall to London. I know that Walsall has been campaigning for years to get a direct service to London but two TOCs looks like too much to me. Are we in danger of running out of track on which to run all these new trains?

I would have thought that would be to do with LNR being lumped into the WCP once the WMT franchise splits.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RealTrains07

Established Member
Got a question

Today was riding a LNR train to stafford (14:34 from stone) and on the way 2 LNR trains passed by

One of then was the 14:36 trent valley train to crewe

The other didn’t seem to appear on the timetable.
Wasn’t a late service from early either but it was a 4 car 350 unit travelling on the staffs madeley line from stafford

Just trying to figure out whether it was an actual service or running empty?

Can anyone solve the mystery?

The only other timetabled service close to running at that time was the 14:38 from stafford to lime street but that didn’t arrive till after had left stafford station (14:56)

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
Quality train service tonight, the 1636, 1704 and 1736 New Street-Liverpool all announced as cancelled. Two due to displaced train crew and one due to disruptive passengers. Glad I don't commute in the West Midlands and was just passing through.

VT 390

Established Member
Quality train service tonight, the 1636, 1704 and 1736 New Street-Liverpool all announced as cancelled. Two due to displaced train crew and one due to disruptive passengers. Glad I don't commute in the West Midlands and was just passing through.
Do they stop the Crewe via Stoke service additionally at Penkridge when this many services are cancelled?

RealTrains07

Established Member
1 crew member ill and 17 trains are cancelled between Brum- liverpool, brum - crewe and euston - crewe

Disaster maybe?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
1 crew member ill and 17 trains are cancelled between Brum- liverpool, brum - crewe and euston - crewe

Disaster maybe?

Is it actually only one crew member? If so, that just shows how the interrelated house of cards collapses when someone breathes on it.

The through services would work if interworking was reduced between the three "via Brum" routes, but that'll cost units and crews so they won't do it.

Camden

Established Member
Reading the Midlands rail plan document, I see that the plan is to soon re-split the Rugeley line services from the London services to deal with delays. The Liverpool services will continue to run to London, but I wonder what operational effect if any this will have.

RealTrains07

Established Member
Is it actually only one crew member? If so, that just shows how the interrelated house of cards collapses when someone breathes on it.

The through services would work if interworking was reduced between the three "via Brum" routes, but that'll cost units and crews so they won't do it.

Couldn’t have said it better myself

According to national rail:

“A reduced LNR service will run between Birmingham and Liverpool via Crewe due to a member of train crew being unavailable”

sufian123

Would be good to get a crewe service from the spare london service after the change?

what will happen is it will run as 8 cars as it is now. Front four Crewe via stoke and the rear will do all stations to walsall. Wolves-Rgl all stations new st then tame bridge. is going Rugeley instead. The other one is staying the same till May 2020.

6026KingJohn

what will happen is it will run as 8 cars as it is now. Front four Crewe via stoke and the rear will do all stations to walsall. Wolves-Rgl all stations new st then tame bridge. is going Rugeley instead. The other one is staying the same till May 2020.
In effect then, swapping the xx.20 to xx.27 and vice versa. Wonder if that means the odd 323 on the Chase line?

RealTrains07

Established Member
What i mean is from may 2020 their is a spare euston to brum service which could be extended up to crewe on the wobble?

6026KingJohn

Their are

323s on the chase at the moment arn’t there?
To me, the Chase line is between Walsall and Rugeley. Currently these trains are 350s (to fit into this marvellous timetable (!)), only the Walsall-Wolverhampton are 323s. (Possibly a few exceptions).

Beat me to it VT390:)

sd0733

Established Member
To me, the Chase line is between Walsall and Rugeley. Currently these trains are 350s (to fit into this marvellous timetable (!)), only the Walsall-Wolverhampton are 323s. (Possibly a few exceptions).

Beat me to it VT390:)
The only 323s past Walsall are on a Saturday night, 2120 and 2150 Birmingham to Rugeley Sat only IIRC

MarkWiles

There are Saturday evening 323s to Rugeley, I noticed them when I was in the town a couple of weeks ago to my surprise, I thought the whole service was 350 operated but it seems not.

RealTrains07

Established Member
Seems yesterdays problems passed into today, liverpool services have been suffering a lot today as have others

When will it end?

I thought LNR had enough staff these days? Or was that just drivers?

sufian123

Seems yesterdays problems passed into today, liverpool services have been suffering a lot today as have others

When will it end?

I thought LNR had enough staff these days? Or was that just drivers?

Who knows. Conductors missing today. Trains went ecs to Crewe. Then continuing forward. Struggle with TMs atm.

gazzaa2

What's likely to change next May? The Lime Street-Euston service is ridiculously unreliable and has a knock on effect right down the line.

I use it between Lime Street and New Street which used to be a good service but now is hardly ever on time.

sufian123

What's likely to change next May? The Lime Street-Euston service is ridiculously unreliable and has a knock on effect right down the line.

I use it between Lime Street and New Street which used to be a good service but now is hardly ever on time.

just Euston-Rugeley at the moment. It will become standalone. Euston-Liverpool have made it to Liverpool despite late. Rugeley ones with most complains and passengers and mps are not happy.

RealTrains07

Established Member
I think we still need to give it time
We are still only 4 months in bare in mind

Seems longer than that considering all the issues since it started

Status
Not open for further replies.