• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Locked in at Blackburn Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrapy

Established Member
I would hope that the keys for Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate are kept at Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate instead of 40 miles away.
Probably not , given they are managed by different TOCs.

Wigan Wallgate does at least have a foot crossing to exit the station at the Southport end through a gate that occasionally gets used (with the permission of the signaller) if disabled passengers are stranded on the platform by a lift breakdown. I assume this needs a number 16 key which should be readily available.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LowLevel

Established Member
They have done the minimum that should occur after an event like this. "Very well handled" is patronising.
What more would you like? The errant staff member to be put in the stocks? Transportation free of charge of a surplus class 153 to each of the unfortunate victim's gardens as an ornament, free of charge?

They appear to have looked at the issue, identified the cause, put in place measures to immediately prevent it occurring again and review their general policies, and compensated the customers involved to their apparent satisfaction.

It seems to be have been well handled enough to me.

miami

Established Member
They appear to have looked at the issue, identified the cause, put in place measures to immediately prevent it occurring again and review their general policies, and compensated the customers involved to their apparent satisfaction.

Yes, this is what should be done (although I'd be concerned if they were only looking at Blackburn specifically rather than all stations this could happen at). That is the bare minimum that should be done, and thus does not deserve any plaudits like "very well handled", and more than a train driver not running a red light would deserve "very well handled".

najaB

Veteran Member
What more would you like? The errant staff member to be put in the stocks? Transportation free of charge of a surplus class 153 to each of the unfortunate victim's gardens as an ornament, free of charge?
Have a read through the thread. I rather suspect that there's nothing that would have been enough.

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think this is pretty much wrapped up now with a decent enough outcome.
It’s been interesting, thanks for your contributions everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.