• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Locomotive Services Fleet (LSL) updates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

And how will that work with a steam locomotive?
They have quite a few air braked steam locos.
I know because i rode behind one 2 weeks ago in the west coast mk2 set.

I dont think the black 5s they usually use are air fitted though, but i dont think the kind who ride it are that fussy though

Wyrleybart

Established Member
They have quite a few air braked steam locos.
I know because i rode behind one 2 weeks ago in the west coast mk2 set.

I dont think the black 5s they usually use are air fitted though, but i dont think the kind who ride it are that fussy though
AIUI the Jacobite is contracted to any of the three Ian Riley black fives 44871 45212 and 45407 and all three are dual braked.

According the BLS site for the Ecclesbourne class 14 at 60 event on the 27 July intercity are running a charter to the event from Bristol no information on what it is but its nice to have a charter from the South for a change

m79900

According the BLS site for the Ecclesbourne class 14 at 60 event on the 27 July intercity are running a charter to the event from Bristol no information on what it is but its nice to have a charter from the South for a change
What, a Bristol-Duffield charter? Can you imagine that getting many takers?

What, a Bristol-Duffield charter? Can you imagine that getting many takers?
Well I would GUESS at it being a Bristol to York/Scarborough with a set down at either Derby with a bus or Duffield for accross the footbridge

12LDA28C

Established Member
I'm guessing this is referring to a Peak?

A heritage bus from Chesterfield to Derby via Wirksworth could work, if the charter stopped at Derby.

I'm sure all will be revealed when the tour gets advertised. I imagine the tour will stop at Duffield to connect with the EVR for the Class 14 event

I'm sure all will be revealed when the tour gets advertised. I imagine the tour will stop at Duffield to connect with the EVR for the Class 14 event
I have to be fair I've been mulling this over and tbh Bristol to Chesterfield sounds a bit meh to me, now if they did positioning tours on the Friday, say Crewe to Bristol via Chester Wrexham, Abergavenny, Severn tunnel junc, Lydney and Gloucester and Sunday via Bath, Newbury, Oxford and Evesham now that would turn into 100% attendance for me

12LDA28C

Established Member
Needs to be updated

Mk1 W35333 is now B&C with B5 Bogies as of December 2023

Huh?

12LDA28C;: Do you think this is a good idea given 501's chequered past.

47501 went like a rocket when it was on form, but this was to a certain extent its downfall. I believe certain adjustments were made in 501's latter career to address various electrical issues so fingers crossed the power unit transplant won't turn the Moose into a similar Jekyll & Hyde character!

That's potentially two 16 wheelers out that day then. The other going to the seaside...
Well the pathfinder one using 40145 has dropped on the site today, so if I was LSL I'd put the peak one out soon as, of course the trouble is how much confidence is there that it would show as booked with the sign of a test run, people will remember the last time it was advertised

sprinterguy

Established Member

bleeder4

The steam set for Saphos/Steam Dreams tours also returned to Crewe yesterday, after being painted at Arlington. Down to just one Mk2 coach in it now, as opposed to two last year. There is a Mk1 FO under overhaul so hopefully next year's programme will be fully Mk1 for the first time.

I was told something the other day that may well be me adding 2 and 2 and making 45 BUT, the quote was that the WSR gala in early June as well as the home fleet and already announced 50033 that 2 class 20s and a 16 wheeled loco all from the same location are due to attend. These will bring themselves in so not being dragged i can't think of anywhere else but Crewe has those three together, LSL do have a good relationship with the line as they keep kettles there for the summer season, they have 4?? 20s now to pick from as well as access to 40013 if the 45 isn't ready also the 45 being seen moving around at a gala would be a good advert for the alleged summer tours, I did say this hypothesis to the person who told me and although he didn't say I was right he also didn't say I was wrong
Forget that announced on the BLS site that 46045 is visiting the WSR gala, not the 45 still must be 20years since a 46 was in Minehead and that was 035 so still good

SeaKing