• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Locomotive Services Fleet (LSL) updates

What’s running the cup final special from Liverpool to Wembley tomorrow?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LSL have bought a class 50 i hear, dunno which one but I could have a guess at the one that was up for sale last year

The Peak tour on July 27th (Bristol-Duffield/Chesterfield) has now been advertised.

Got to be fair the pick up at Birmingham int is a bit confusing,is it running round or T&T with a reversal?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
LSL have bought a class 50 i hear, dunno which one but I could have a guess at the one that was up for sale last year

Got to be fair the pick up at Birmingham int is a bit confusing,is it running round or T&T with a reversal?
50050 is being collected from Colwick today

Rail Quest

50050 is being collected from Colwick today
Thats exciting! Would be great to see that loco back on tours.

Here's the RTT link for anyone's interest. She's being hauled by the green choppers

Thats exciting! Would be great to see that loco back on tours.

Here's the RTT link for anyone's interest. She's being hauled by the green choppers
It worked charters last year for Vintage

Trackman

Established Member
Seems 45 118 has been fixed. Booked for a railtour 29/07/2024.

Starting from Bristol hauled by the Class 45 ‘Peak’ 45118, We make our way on their old stomping ground to our first set down at Duffield (around 10.30) to connect with the Ecclesbourne Valley Railways ‘14s@60’ event which celebrates the Diamond Jubilee of the class 14 Diesel Hydraulic Locomotives. With six of the class on operating over the 8-mile line from Duffield to Wirksworth with a late afternoon spectacular with all six locomotives at the head of one train. (Cost for entry to this event is included in the ticket price of this charter)
For those who don’t wish to attend the extravaganza we then carry on to Chesterfield where you can sample the delights of this lovely market town.
The charter then departs back in the early evening and picks up from Chesterfield & Duffield.

Posted several hours ago in post #667. Also, I wouldn't assume 45118 has been 'fixed' or is yet ready for traffic just because it's been advertised as traction for a tour in almost 5 months' time.
How true

The_Train

Established Member
Posted several hours ago in post #667. Also, I wouldn't assume 45118 has been 'fixed' or is yet ready for traffic just because it's been advertised as traction for a tour in almost 5 months' time.
Rumoured to have completed load bank testing and due out for mainline testing soon. I am pretty confident that LSL have learnt their lessons from the last time this was advertised to be at the head of a tour (even though LSL actually covered themselves perfectly for the back up option for that particular tour) and won't have announced said tour without having a high level of confidence that the loco is ready (of course, in the world of heritage locos nothing is ever guaranteed)

I think the pick-up there may be incorrect.

It was, I believe it is now amended to New Street instead of International

12LDA28C

Established Member
Rumoured to have completed load bank testing and due out for mainline testing soon. I am pretty confident that LSL have learnt their lessons from the last time this was advertised to be at the head of a tour (even though LSL actually covered themselves perfectly for the back up option for that particular tour) and won't have announced said tour without having a high level of confidence that the loco is ready (of course, in the world of heritage locos nothing is ever guaranteed)

Indeed although there is still plenty of time to get the loco completely fit for traffic and tested prior to the end of July. No doubt it will be tested on the Crewe / Chester / Salop circuit prior to undertaking loaded test runs.

The_Train

Established Member
Indeed although there is still plenty of time to get the loco completely fit for traffic and tested prior to the end of July. No doubt it will be tested on the Crewe / Chester / Salop circuit prior to undertaking loaded test runs.
They are the preferred paths - the Deltic was using those paths recently so fingers crossed that's on an Intercity branded tour soon as well

MiNi

Possibly replacing 47841 which has left Margate by road to return to Crewe for component recovery.
Are they desperate for spares/component parts so much that they would bring 841 all the way back from Margate,or is there method in their madness.?

Last edited:

fgwrich

Established Member
Are they desperate for spares/component parts so much that they would bring 841 all the way back from Margate,or is there method in their madness.?
This is LSL, they do seem to operate in unusual ways at times. But yes, 841 is being sent back up to Crewe for component recovery. A little surprising considering the ex Freightliner locos and 501 have all contributed parts, but obviously 501 will take 841s place in Margate and space has to be created for the 60.

Speaking of LSL, 57003 (LSL) plus 20302 / 311 (HNRC) headed down to Eastleigh today for a trip to Arlington’s paintshop.

12LDA28C

Established Member

In a word, yes. Class 47 parts are extremely scarce and they have another demic 47, 47501 which will be sent to Margate to replace 47841 in due course.

Speaking of LSL, 57003 (LSL) plus 20302 / 311 (HNRC) headed down to Eastleigh today for a trip to Arlington’s paintshop.

And 47810 is due out of Arlington any day now in a fresh coat of two-tone green

The_Train

Established Member
Do you know which path this was?
Also, I presume this means that 57003 is now confirmed to have returned from GBRf? I had it down as heading back on lease to them in Oct 2023 so does anybody know when this officially ended and it returned to LSL please?

Rhysdabeast

Established Member
Do you know which path this was?
Also, I presume this means that 57003 is now confirmed to have returned from GBRf? I had it down as heading back on lease to them in Oct 2023 so does anybody know when this officially ended and it returned to LSL please?

57003 + 20302/311

The_Train

Established Member

57003 + 20302/311
Thanks Rhys :)

Below posted added 22/03/24:

I've heard a rumour that 43050 has moved to Crewe to join the LSL Midland Pullman fleet - anyone got any confirmation of this please?

Last edited: