• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Midland Class 150s Farewell

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainspotter

The good old days!!!!!!

19 years later in the same place! "Langley Green"

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 55
  • scan0008.jpg
    scan0008.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 150001 @ Langley Green 29.8.2011 19yrs later.jpg
    150001 @ Langley Green 29.8.2011 19yrs later.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 58
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

There should of had farewell Class 150 on the Matlock to Derby, Nottingham to Crewe and the Robin Hood Line as those units used operate on those lines when it was Central Trains sometimes

the problem with that would be, the guys at EMT wouldnt have class 150 units on their traction cards anymore, and seen as London Midland dont run to Derby no route knowledge. I can see what your saying as it would of been nice to see class 150s on the Robin Hood line and around Nottingham.

Nottingham may well see some ex LM 150s if they ever turn up on a Leeds - Nottingham express service, which Northern 150s can do.

the problem with that would be, the guys at EMT wouldnt have class 150 units on their traction cards anymore, and seen as London Midland dont run to Derby no route knowledge. I can see what your saying as it would of been nice to see class 150s on the Robin Hood line and around Nottingham.

Nottingham may well see some ex LM 150s if they ever turn up on a Leeds - Nottingham express service, which Northern 150s can do.

Northern only run Class 158 on the Leeds to Nottingham service apart from if the Class 158 isn't avalilable but it would be good to see a ex LM Class 150 unit running on that route

sprinterguy

Established Member
There should of had farewell Class 150 on the Matlock to Derby, Nottingham to Crewe and the Robin Hood Line as those units used operate on those lines when it was Central Trains sometimes
And of course, 150001 started out working a lot of its' early trial runs as a demonstrator unit up the Matlock branch in the eighties. Tbh, I think most of the routes radiating from the RTC at Derby were fair game for those runs.

fgwrich

Established Member
Been meaning to ask this question, what's happening to 150001 now?

Supposed to be going into store along with 150002...But...It still seems to be clinging on in service at the moment.

As for the use of 001 & 002 on Reading to Basingstokes - Hardly a rumor with FGW Time / Gauge trialling 150130 (3 Return Trips) back on the 16th of October! But, as we say...Watch This Space!

(And for those of you who don't know of / haven't heard of, the potential plan is to replace the two two car 165s currently tied up on the Reading to Bas shuttle services, with the two 3 Car 150s - This giving us 3 Cars on the branch - slight increase in seats, and 2 Extra 165s for Thames Valley Mainline strengthening - and rather useful as the branch is almost vitually self contained)

Couple of Videos from You Tube of the test runs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSDSjWFaAlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgB0m7pvDwo&feature=related

atsf_fT

Been meaning to ask this question, what's happening to 150001 now?

150001+153354 have been working the dorridge -stourbridge-dorridge diagram all week everyday all day:D its been great . it was out the day after (sun) the farewell tour too. and i hope it will be out next week too.:D:D

newtownmgr

124 left LM lastnight. 106 staying until 107 fixed (needs new engine) but should be off in next fortnight. 150001 & 125 staying until Jan apparently as 172222 & 331 will not be delivered until new year as awaiting parts!. Possiblity of 001 staying until March to cover Hfd diagram whilst 105/7 & 9 are refreshed. Rumour LM want to keep it but unlikely to happen if FGW have them. If the scuds take over Rdg-Bas won't be until next May as crew training will need to take place which will take place using 002 probably in new year giving time for that to be turned into FGW colours with 001 being done in April maybe.

atsf_fT

I still want the two scuds to stay with LM though. :|

think we all do mate , if LM repainted it back into original colours ,besides haveing a very reliable stanby unit , they could make a lot of money doing a few railtours a couple times a year .

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
think we all do mate , if LM repainted it back into original colours ,besides haveing a very reliable stanby unit , they could make a lot of money doing a few railtours a couple times a year .
Also it could be used on BHM-HFD services to make 2 car services to 3; this could cause a cascade within LM that would benefit all 170 operated routes (Hereford/Rugeley/Shrewsbury).

In response to northernrailer, sorry. Just because EMT crews don't sign 150s now doesn't mean they can't ever sign them!

I do know that, i was stating that for the farewell tour it wouldnt have been possible to run to Matlock, Mansfield and Worksop due to London Midland not running to Derby or Nottingham due to no or Limited route knowledge and that EMT dont sign 150s.

Any company can sign any units, i was just stating why the farewell tour couldnt tour around the East Mids.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I do know that, i was stating that for the farewell tour it wouldnt have been possible to run to Matlock, Mansfield and Worksop due to London Midland not running to Derby or Nottingham due to no or Limited route knowledge and that EMT dont sign 150s.

Any company can sign any units, i was just stating why the farewell tour couldnt tour around the East Mids.

I thought that the person you were responding to meant when 150s left Central Trains around Nottingham, not the event just gone by...

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Just found pictures of 150209/212 and 150002 in Eastleigh works in store. Not exactly in warm storage. But they look incredibly smart!

I was surprised to note how smart the remaining 150s appeared to look on the farewell tour. The Central Trains colours have certainly worn well.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
If the 150s get a refresh, will they retain their 2+3 seating or will they be brought upto 170 standards (as they will be on HFD-BHM services)? I ask this because the 150 HFD diagram will replace a diagram currently operated by a 170/5; I use this diagram nearly every day and it is already overcrowded - if the 150s get 2+2 seating then there will be a loss in capacity so would it be worthwhile adding a 153 on the end?

WillPS

Established Member
I sort of think you're better off taking the third seat off and just having better standing room. (Y'know... like a 172!)

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I don't think passengers will be at all happy with having to stand for an hour or more; anyway my original question hasn't really been answered.

WillPS

Established Member
I don't think passengers will be at all happy with having to stand for an hour or more; anyway my original question hasn't really been answered.

I'd say passengers standing for more than an hour on any non-XC service are a very rare occurrence. Even at the height of Liverpool-Norwich madness the most I had to stand was Sheffield - Chesterfield.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I'd say passengers standing for more than an hour on any non-XC service are a very rare occurrence. Even at the height of Liverpool-Norwich madness the most I had to stand was Sheffield - Chesterfield.

I have stood from penrith to manchester regularly. I have stood from manchester to sheffield regularly too (about an hour). But standing in a 185 is actually very pleasent compared to a 3+2 333 or a voyager.

Status
Not open for further replies.