• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Terminals - has something changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haywain

Veteran Member
That might be the case but it doesn't excuse staff refusing to acknowledge that there is inter-availability for some tickets even if that is just a "small subset".
I don’t believe I suggested that it should, did I?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greyman42

Established Member
I had a repeat of the problem at Moorgate of staff refusing to acknowledge that a York to London terminals ticket is valid through to Moorgate from Kings Cross via the underground. After the usual tedious argument the lady said she would "let me off, this time" but refused to acknowledge that the ticket was valid. If staff believe i was travelling without a valid ticket when why not prosecute me?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I had a repeat of the problem at Moorgate of staff refusing to acknowledge that a York to London terminals ticket is valid through to Moorgate from Kings Cross via the underground. After the usual tedious argument the lady said she would "let me off, this time" but refused to acknowledge that the ticket was valid. If staff believe i was travelling without a valid ticket when why not prosecute me?
I suspect London Underground Customer Service Assistants (CSAs) can't report people for prosecution.

Up here in York you'd expect someone on a salary of around £34k per annum to be reasonably competent (and if they don't know something, to check, rather than make something up), and treat customers well, but the same isn't true at LU.

This is exactly the sort of behaviour I have learnt to expect from them (anything better is a bonus), and I can't see it changing any time soon.

Based on my observations, whenever people are "let off" on the railway, it generally means the customer was right.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
How did the woman know that you didn't travel in on the Great Northern service? I can see a highly tenuous argument for the rejection of these tickets at the Underground barriers at Kings Cross - but to reject such tickets at Moorgate, which is itself a National Rail London Terminal, is simply beyond the pale.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I can feel some mystery shopping coming on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.